• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Feelin sick

Correction: Apparently Percocet makes me puke too if I take enough. But I've gone up to 60 mg of Vicodin on several occasions and been just fine and dandy. I don't get it but there are definitely significant differences in how different people react to different opioids. The one time I had iv Dilaudid in the hospital they gave me an antiemetic at the same time. Nausea and vomiting is the absolute worst to me, I hate it so bad.

I used to remember saying after awhile with heroin, “I get sick when I’ve got it, and sick when I don’t..”

That said in the beginning it never get me nauseated it would actually stop me from throwing up.

I think the body, for some of us, may get more sensitive to the nausea as time goes on.

-GC
I feel this way with pills not with heroin ,
By pills I mean tramadol ,

Hey guys, I know I'm a little late on this one, but I'd like to throw out my individual experience. Nausea is always a possibility with Opioids, even at therapeutic dosages. Basically, if they are reducing pain (analgesia), they can produce nausea. Opiates, including Morphine and Codeine are especially common culprits when it comes to inducing nausea. Some people are so sensitive to the nauseating effects of Opioids that they require an anti-emetic with every dose of their given Opioid.

Dihydrocodeine like Heroin is a close relative of the naturally occuring Opiates, but they are what you would call semi-synthetic. These drugs have a propensity to produce nausea similar to the Opiates though. It's really not uncommon to experience nausea, especially if you're taking dosages that you might call "recreational" or intoxicating, then it's pretty normal. I think if I'm correct OP, is that you're thrown for a loop as to why this hasn't happened before? Nausea isn't something that's guaranteed. If you do experience nausea, it doesn't mean you will every time. There are a lot of variables at play, including what you've eaten, hydration etc. I've watched a lot of people light up a cig after a shot only to immediately vomit following their first inhale, for instance.

So, you might experience nausea and you might not, even at the same dosage in a similar setting. It's not a weird thing or anything to worry about. When I used Heroin and I got nauseous, I really didn't mind the experience at all, as I was high. It became normal... like a lot of other things.