• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Feelin sick

femaletrouble

Bluelighter
Hi everyone now I'm about of a pain pill popper nothing heavy I only take as much as 60/90mg of dihydracodeine or the same with co.codamol. and I sometimes take tramadol upto 200mg. Tonight I plugged 3 ×30mg dhc and about 1.30hr later I was feeling nauseous an threw up. Now in the past I never had this problem its happened twice now. Before this I only got nauseous with tramadol.so why am I getting like this? Its very strange im mean technically I only taking the therapeutic dose range. Has this ever happened to anyone else? I suppose now I will leave them off now as I'm getting no enjoyment from feeling crappy

Nausea and opiates go hand in hand, especially when you take more than you're used to. I'm guessing plugging it was just stronger for you than oral hence the throwing up.
No I've plugged before with no nausea. Has my body chemistry changed by any chance? Is it even possible?

Your body chemistry hasn't changed, if anything you should be more used to it if you've done it before...

Did you do anything differently? Did you move around a lot? Full stomach? Smoke? Drink?

All the above can make me throw up on opiates.

No nothing different just empty stomach but I wouldn't think that would cause it on such a low dose

All I can suggest is getting an antiemetic or lowering your dose if you're getting nausea from opiates without any other contributing factors.

I used to remember saying after awhile with heroin, “I get sick when I’ve got it, and sick when I don’t..”

That said in the beginning it never get me nauseated it would actually stop me from throwing up.

I think the body, for some of us, may get more sensitive to the nausea as time goes on.

-GC

Plus I've done that amount plenty of times 🤔

Sometimes they make me puke my brains out, sometimes they don't. Certain opioids would always make me puke at higher doses.

Unless it happened after interacting with another medication your on I wouldn't worry about it. You could take an antiemetic, cannabis or ginger helps.

No nothing different just empty stomach but I wouldn't think that would cause it on such a low dose
Taking an opioid on an empty stomach can increase its absorption rate through the blood stream, increasing its overall potency. Always best to eat something 1-2 hours before use. Try to stick to a neutral diet. One that isn't too acidic or too alkaline and you should be fine.

Edit: Also the use of anti-acids, carbonate's, hydroxide's....etc can effect the absorption rate of just about any medication, including opioids. In most cases causing a delayed onset. This can make the effect seem weaker, but longer lasting. I wouldn't recommend using higher dosages to try and compensate for this however. Just be sure to avoid things that lower or raise you stomach's natural PH level before using the medication. This doesn't mean you can't eat anything at all. But check out the PH level chart for different types of food and try to stick to the food's that are within the 6-8ph range.

Last edited:
Yeah as others said nasuea was like my number one side effect when non tolerant or addicted and early on.

I’d say probably the first 25 times I did heroin I threw up every single time. You’d think that would have stopped me 😅 it didn’t

Is pepto bismol the answer? Should I take it when I feel the nausea or 10mins before I take the dhc.?

90mg isn't a therapeutic dosage. 30mg or 40mg at best is the recommended dose fit dhc. I know because I've abused it for years along with many other opioids..
I don't know if you plugged that same dosage before as opposed to taking it orally but plugging increases bioavailability. This means you'd absorb a higher amount of the drug compared to the usual amount absorbed and this could very well cause nausea.
Nausea is usually a sign you've taken a bit more than you can handle. It can also happen as a coincidence depending on your circumstances at the time. Hydration, having eaten etc. can play a role too.

Is pepto bismol the answer? Should I take it when I feel the nausea or 10mins before I take the dhc.?
Nah, that's for acid reflux. Take an antihistamine like promethazine (it's otc here in the UK). That would help with the nausea. Consider that it would cause a bit of drowsiness so take the minimum dosage.
I've seeb you said you were on an empty stomach... That is not good if you wanna avoid nausea.

Nausea is a side effect of opioids, sometimes you get it and sometimes you don’t.

It is usually a sign you’ve taken to much though so be wary of dosage.

Nausea is a side effect of opioids, sometimes you get it and sometimes you don’t.

It is usually a sign you’ve taken to much though so be wary of dosage.
So what's the best way to get a nod in without puking up eat a full meal an half a litre of water. How do people take 100s of mg of codeine an feel warm an cozy?

So what's the best way to get a nod in without puking up eat a full meal an half a litre of water. How do people take 100s of mg of codeine an feel warm an cozy?
Who can say what is a safe dose for someone? Only you know your level of tolerance. If you’re feeling nauseous at lower levels that is your body giving you a sign. Listen to it.

Some people do not metabolise codeine well, they get nothing out of it. Some metabolise it too well and taking codeine can actually be dangerous as they can overdose easily. Be cautious of believing what people say they take, it’s not always the truth.

People may say to take antihistamines and I say adding those is adding another layer of danger. Especially if you’re not used to them.

You can try antiemetic which you can ask for at a pharmacy. Some are contraindicated with opioids so you need to be careful.

It's all about tolerance. If you're just starting out with opioids you can't just go and take hundreds of mg of even just codeine.
You can always take an antiemetic with it to combat nausea. Many are otc (at least in the UK) and work well with opioid-induced nausea. Usually your body will soon adjust to the dosage and the nausea will go away. It's also true it's a sign you're taking more than you can tolerate so increase dosage slowly to give your body a chance to get used to it.

I tend to get nauseous and puke when I take morphine but I'm fine with both Vicodin and Percocet. Who knows why.