Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

feel like ya gonna speaw when ya craw for meth

speedygonzales

Bluelighter
There someing that I just relisedis that most of the time when I feel like meth I feel like I'm about to spew. I did'nt relise it at first but I freind told me he got it then I relised I got it. I find If I decide Im gonna take some and on the way to the dealer house I suddenly feel like I'm gonna spew. not every time but some times.

Before I stopped using meth, when i knew i was going to get some i would have to run to the toilet and take the biggest damn shit known to man. It was quite strange, but has been mentioned a few times in sperate threads.

I think it has something to do with physical addiction. Only way to rid yourself of it is to quit now, otherwise it'll just get harder and harder.

Don't take this as a judgement, but perhaps you feel guilty for doing meth? I know I often feel queasy when I do something I feel bad about.

^^^ I get this as well... it starts like butterflies in the stomach and often develops into nausea/spewing feeling etc. And it happens when you know you about to, or soon gonna get on. Wheather it be somone coming to you, or driving to someones house, or even waiting for work to finish so you can go home, or even struggling to fall asleep knowing you're gonna get on first thing in the morning (i don't do this often). I am sure it is a direct result of physical addiction.

Feeling guilty CAN play a part of it and I think I detect a TINY bit of that in the feeling that I get, but most of it is just an overwhelming chemical reaction happening in my brain. From memory, studies show that coke addicts have bursts of dopamine release just before they take the drug. I also notice when me an my girlfriend are about to get on, we get excessivelly chatty and happy - sometimes more than when we get on.

Relax, I think you'll just find it's Anxiety...

You are probably nearvous about the transaction with the dealer. I know mine well now and trust him, but I still get butterflies on the drive there. It's Illegal and you know that there is a small amount of risk involved.

And I think you also get nervous when you know you're going to have big night. I've been taking pills for a couple of years now and a few hours before we head out I can feel myself getting anxious. I know it's all good, the gear is good and what not, but I think you're body know's its in for a bit of a hammering and I think it tries to "clear" your system out a bit.
I know when we have people meet at my place before a night out on the pills, everyone seems to get the squirts. There's a queue up for the bog, everyone has a go. A lot of people also find they need to do a shit as they start to come up, and then it goes away when the pill really kicks in.

I've also noticed that if we are dropping in a more relaxed envioroment, such as a House party the Anxiety is not nearly as bad.

Hehehe this is funny, I think it's anxiety too but not about gettin the drugs etc it's more about excitement anxiety coz your hanging for the meth/pills. I find before I have pills I get really really sleepy and tired to the point where i could fall asleep hehe, I wonder if this has a link to what has been mentioned ??

The feeling I get is nothing to do with the night out or whatever. I hardly go out these days...just chill with friends. I also take hardly any risk in obtaining meth and if I did I wouldn't be nervous - it becomes such a natural thing after a while. The feeling is definitelly to do with a chemical reaction occuring in your brain. It's like your brain KNOWS its about to be treated.... But on the other hand, its a negative thing as well, as if your BODY is telling you "No it actually damages me" and that's where the spewing sensation comes into it. But then it kinda loops around and you start to enjoy the spewing sensation because your brain associates it with a time just before you get on. Its wierd shit, but definitelly more than ANY kind of anxiety.

A friend of mine claims that he actually throws up before taking meth. he puts it down to the excitement. Junkie 8)

^^^ You have junkie *friends*? In my vacabulary these two words do not fit into one sentence. I am far from being a junkie, in fact I can count on my fingers the amount of times i've taken meth during the week and not on the weekend recreationally. I still get the butterflies/spewing sensation.

Well first of all you need to conclude that the problem is not caused by something else. Amphetamines do cause damage to the stomach and oesophagus which, when chronically used, can cause refluxing and low stomach pH (high acidity).

Amphetamines also affect activity of not only catecholamines and support molecules (dopamine, epinephrine, DA carrier etc) but they also alter histamine and acetylcholine receptor levels through indirectly decreasing levels of mRNA transcription factors. The relationship between amphetamine induced catecholamine reductions is thought to directly affect histamine receptor densities at the transcription level.

As to why this is noticed when merely anticipating getting high definitely makes it psychosomatic in nature (but what thoughts aren't potentially). What I suggest may happen with some long term users, is that the usual dopamine rush accompanied by getting high is experienced simultaneously with less stomach acid secretion due to less response to catecholamine mechanisms which normally trigger secretion. While the amps are working, besides the free Dopamine users know and love, there are also other physiological processes which "mask" the usual body responses. Relevant actions include, but are not limited to:

A) Reduced blood flow to stomach

B) Decreased histamine response - (antagonistic actions of amphetamine on H1 & H3 receptors)

C) Decreased sensitivity to stomach pain, and cholinergic system affected by changes in histamine/DA responses (quite possibly these are directly and uniquely associated with amphetamines)

Could it be that without amps being in the system, anything which creates such a degree of excitement/ anticipation, would also cause a subsequent increase in histamine release, resulting in the often described "butterflies"?

Although it is somewhat of a "cold shudder" suggestion, but could it also be that for some long term users at least, the "thought of meth" may be the only thing that causes enough excitement to produce this "normal" acid-tummy reaction?

I'm sure it's far much more complicated than this model suggests. It could very well be, that over long periods of use, these mechanisms change permanantly. Memory could be one of the few "wildcard de-stabalisers" which overrides the "modified" state. As we all know, it's capable of anything.

I don't mean to offend anyone with these suggestions. I think that the major physiological changes accompanying long term amp use need to be continually researched. Meth may have been around for decades, but there seems there's still so much to learn...

I'm feeling wierd in my stomach :)
I think there is some connection - I've never had the urge to spew though