• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Feel Like Life’s Pointless?

They don't cry for the dead ones. They cry for themselves because now they have to move without someone who gave them something that made their own lives seem more meaningful in some way.

They don't cry for the dead ones. They cry for themselves because now they have to move without someone who gave them something that made their own lives seem more meaningful in some way.
Sweet. You say the sweetest things.

You have such poetry in your heart. ❤️‍🔥

Nice one, you know how they say . . . Right On !!!

ttyl

:)💛

Sorry, was under the impression @kiely s post was the beginning of the thread. So I went to comment number 1
Have you ever had this feeling, and if so did you ever get over it?
Yes. But then I remind myself that there's no possible way for us to comprehend the meaning of life. It just is. And the best we can do is tomlive it to the fullest, according to our own necessities and etrics.

Whish I could find someone to teach me that.
Hope.
Not how to be fucked.

Not sure about that. Hope can be cruel. The eternal dangling carrot taunting you with glimpses of things you will never achieve.

I don't try to have 'hope' these days. Relying on hope brought me nothing but grief. I strive for the DETERMINATION to not let life beat me down and to not quit until I've drawn my last breath. Yes of course I live in reasonable expectation that good things will come if I stick it out long enough, just by way of statistical probability. But it doesn't pay to RELY on a companion who makes many empty promises.
You might call this 'cheerful cynicism'.

@TheUltimateFixx
See. That's why I can't do hope. To me it's not that far away from faith, which is practically sitting with arms crossed waiting for someone else to solve one's problems.
Still, sometimes when I feel I'm up against something I actually have no control over and there's noyhinh I can do , I wish I could have this little hope thing to help me through

@TheUltimateFixx
See. That's why I can't do hope. To me it's not that far away from faith, which is practically sitting with arms crossed waiting for someone else to solve one's problems.
Still, sometimes when I feel I'm up against something I actually have no control over and there's noyhinh I can do , I wish I could have this little hope thing to help me through

I go for 'optimism within reason'. Whenever things are shit I tell myself that unless I've just been diagnosed with some terminal condition it is very probable that my circumstances are going to improve again in the future.

A terminal condition... Something definite that impacts your life big time, and not for the best.
If you assume it doesn't always have to be an illness, then that's what I am dealing with. And though there's little I can do about the outcome, I can prevent this future ugly thing to take over my present. So I wish it aside and sometimes its easy and sometimes it's impossible. And sometimes, when I had a good day like today, I might be able to think that maybe somehow a little miracle will happen.

^^^ Oh I know, it's really great to have a fun day . . . and be able to forget about all of the other stuff. <3:rolleyes:

And yes the point of the thread is that it actually could be pointless. But sometimes things do really mean a lot which makes it all the more amazing.

Interesting. Keep on making more points. And at least we can point them out.

:)

Drugs can do that and there are ways out. Be outstanding and stronger. Seems like psychs and mushrooms are helping out a lot. So there's that.

It's not always pointless though when you can figure it all out. You can. <3

No I don't feel like life is pointless I just fail to see the point mostly.
Do no harm.
Be kind to others if they allow.
Prune the dead stalks to let the sun in.
mostly verbal context it looks now to me. Maybe action is necessary.
Although it isn't easy life may have a point. Can't say for sure one way or another and don't know if we'll ever be able to. So a lot todo about nothing, it seems.
Maybe how we sleep at night leaves a clue. Conscious can be a mf, too. Not trying to dwell on it but think is a decent indicator of what we are about... unless there is sychophacy involved. Not hating I get it and kinda wish I could live it but can't. Too late checkpoint has been reached.