View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Feel like I have to pee on acid

yolbsncolbs

Greenlighter
Ok so this is really weird and I hate it, but the past three times I've tripped, right at the peak, I keep feeling like i really have to pee. I drop in really high doses so this feeling is really annoying and ultimately leads to me thinking I'm going to pee my pants which is obviously really annoying. I haven't peed my pants (thank god) and often when I go to actually relieve myself I find I don't actually have to pee. This is really really annoying, so any tips on how to avoid this? This is embarrassing and sounds dumb but I want to figure out how to avoid it8(

The solution seems simple! Situations like this are what pants are for. Just let go and let flow!

I think it's an hallucinatory embellishment of your urinary tract awareness.
unless it is surgically removed or you lower your dosage, expect this minor irritation.

all psychs (and stims) have a diuretic effect, which means some impact towards increasing the production of urine and the urge to pee.

Ive noticed on acid that i can sometimes becone hyperaware of my internal body functions in way thst im not when im sober ( feeling your intenstines as they process food is extremely uncomfortable for example) ...its probably something silimar.
I also sometimes loose the ability to talk very well sometimes because I become hyper aware of my tounge movements in my mouth as I'm speaking. LSD definitely can do things like this!!

I've had this effect too, actually.

The trick for me is to learn to enjoy the sensation. Honestly it can start to feel pleasant if you have the right frame of mind about it. :)

I get this too, all the time. I'd mostly agree with what TheAppleCore says, only I'd say that rather than finding it pleasant I've just learned to ignore it. It only really bothers you when you obsess about it, which is easy to do when you first notice it. It's not really a big deal if you just let it be, since it's not like you really have to pee anyway.

I've heard so many people worry about pissing themselves on psyches / or going to the bathroom and not being able to tell if they've made a mess etc

Common anxiety amongst people - I don't get it myself, but yeah if you need to pee, go pee. If you've pee'd already, just relax. Worst case scenario you piss yourself a a little...

Ok so this is really weird and I hate it, but the past three times I've tripped, right at the peak, I keep feeling like i really have to pee. I drop in really high doses so this feeling is really annoying and ultimately leads to me thinking I'm going to pee my pants which is obviously really annoying. I haven't peed my pants (thank god) and often when I go to actually relieve myself I find I don't actually have to pee. This is really really annoying, so any tips on how to avoid this? This is embarrassing and sounds dumb but I want to figure out how to avoid it8(

5-HT2A receptors (the primary target of LSD and most classic psychedelics) are expressed in the lower urinary tract, as are other serotonin receptor subtypes. Lots of literature on this. Thus, the urge to void is likely, at least in part, due to a direct interaction between LSD and your urinary tract.

5-HT2A receptors (the primary target of LSD and most classic psychedelics) are expressed in the lower urinary tract, as are other serotonin receptor subtypes. Lots of literature on this. Thus, the urge to void is likely, at least in part, due to a direct interaction between LSD and your urinary tract.

For example:

Adv Ther. 2015 Oct;32 Suppl 1:3-15.

Regulatory Effects of 5-Hydroxytryptamine Receptors on Voiding Function.

A growing body of evidence suggests that 5-hydroxytryptamine (5-HT; serotonin)
has both physiological and pathological functions in the lower urinary tract. A
wide variety of 5-HT receptor subtypes are variably expressed in different
organs, both peripheral and central. On urinary bladder smooth muscle, 5-HT1A,
5-HT2, 5-HT3, and 5-HT7 subtypes could function as postjunctional receptors.
Postjunctional 5-HT2 receptors induce detrusor contraction of the bladder body.
5-HT1A is suggested to have a similar effect to 5-HT2, while 5-HT3 might suppress
detrusor contraction evoked by direct muscle stimulation. Postjunctional 5-HT7 is
reported to induce relaxation of the bladder neck, which might be required for
efficient voiding. 5-HT1A, 5-HT2A, 5-HT2C, 5-HT3, 5-HT4, and 5-HT7 subtypes also
could act as prejunctional receptors in autonomic excitatory nerve terminals.
5-HT2A, 5-HT2C, 5-HT3, 5-HT4, and 5-HT7 subtypes facilitate the neurogenic
contraction of the detrusor by enhancing cholinergic or purinergic transmission,
whereas 5-HT1A receptors might inhibit the release of acetylcholine in the
detrusor. Furthermore, 5-HT1D could be involved in the suppression of ATP release
from the urothelium, aiding visceral sensation of the urinary bladder. In the
central pathways controlling the micturition reflex, 5-HT1A, 5-HT2A, and 5-HT7
are involved in regulation of bladder and urethral sphincter activities. Their
functions, especially that of 5-HT1A, vary in a species- and site (spinal or
supraspinal)- dependent manner. In addition to urinary bladder, 5-HT could be
involved in prostate contraction and cell proliferation. Evidence indicates that
5-HT receptor subtypes may be novel therapeutic targets for lower urinary tract
symptoms.

DOI: 10.1007/s12325-015-0240-2
PMID: 26391372 [Indexed for MEDLINE]

Funny cause last time I tripped, on 1P-LSD last sunday, I repeatedly thought I was peeing myself, something I basically only know from mushrooms...
But this was more like hallucinating tactile sensations than the 'wetness' so vividly felt on mushrooms, let alone actual urgency.
On the other hand, I have tripped a lot on lysergamides recently and it's almost standard for me to feel like I have terrible bladder control. Quite a different reason for that than for alcohol causing that it seems... and I am not really all that familiar with it on psychedelics in general.

Don't pee on acid. It's expensive. Pee in a toilet instead.

:')

ok but one step of thinking goes here,
you know the energy boost and vasoconstriction effects, they go along with the gut accelleration and diuretic effect of stimulants which up regulate the sympathic nervous system (a Dopamine correlate is assumed)
anyway how about https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sympathetic_nervous_system to start with.
some of this should sound familiar right away.
re sympathomimetic effects of stimulants and psychedelics with stimulant properties:
The sympathetic nervous system is responsible for up- and down-regulating in many homeostatic mechanisms in living organisms. Fibers from the SNS innervate tissues in almost every organ system, providing at least some regulatory function to things as diverse as pupil diameter, gut motility, and urinary system output and function.[11] It is perhaps best known for mediating the neuronal and hormonal stress response commonly known as the fight-or-flight response. This response is also known as sympatho-adrenal response of the body, as the preganglionic sympathetic fibers that end in the adrenal medulla (but also all other sympathetic fibers) secrete acetylcholine, which activates the great secretion of adrenaline (epinephrine) and to a lesser extent noradrenaline (norepinephrine) from it. Therefore, this response that acts primarily on the cardiovascular system is mediated directly via impulses transmitted through the sympathetic nervous system and indirectly via catecholamines secreted from the adrenal medulla.

The sympathetic nervous system is responsible for priming the body for action, particularly in situations threatening survival.[12] One example of this priming is in the moments before waking, in which sympathetic outflow spontaneously increases in preparation for action.

Sympathetic nervous system stimulation causes vasoconstriction of most blood vessels, including many of those in the skin, the digestive tract, and the kidneys. This occurs as a result of activation of alpha-1 adrenergic receptors by norepinephrine released by post-ganglionic sympathetic neurons. These receptors exist throughout the vasculature of the body but are inhibited and counterbalanced by beta-2 adrenergic receptors (stimulated by epinephrine release from the adrenal glands) in the skeletal muscles, the heart, the lungs, and the brain during a sympatho-adrenal response. The net effect of this is a shunting of blood away from the organs not necessary to the immediate survival of the organism and an increase in blood flow to those organs involved in intense physical activity.

also look at this
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/237122
1. Six sites of autonomic post-ganglionic transmission were examined for susceptibility to LSD. Inhibition of transmission by LSD was confined to the three sympathetic junctions. 2. Inhibition of sympathetic transmission was maximal with short trains of pulses and declined considerably as train length was increased. 3. ...
the interesting phrase in point number 2.
a) inhibition declines as [pulse]train increases (i.e. the more stoned the more sympathetic activition -vs. dampening- is permitted)

Urinbags helps a lot and you don´t waste precious time with going to the toilet.
urinbeutel-fixierband.png

all psychs (and stims) have a diuretic effect, which means some impact towards increasing the production of urine and the urge to pee.
For me also with uppers and empathogenes. With downers and cannabinoids its hard to pee.

Uppers and empathogens make me have to pee more often, but they make it really hard to go. With downers it makes it easier to go for me, and cannabis has no effect either way.