Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Feedback Needed on The Varieties of Methods Used to Lay Blotter

Carbon-14

Greenlighter
Hello everyone!

This is my first post on Bluelight. This looks like a cool community! The reason I registered today is to ask for your help, for those of you with experience laying inactive, inert medicines onto blotter paper. If you're an old Head and you used to have Family training on this, you're especially wanted!

I started the thread at another site, and registration is required before you can see the content. In fairness to Bluelight.org, I'll post the final draft here when its finished.

Please go to the bottom of the link and check out the FAQ. That's the part I really need help with first. You will be surprised, I'm sure, by some of the content today and in the future. This is not guess work or hypothesized hearsay. It's an honest article meant to provide open-source knowledge freely to the public.

Thank you

Here it is: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/21062747/page/1

If you don't know what your doing don't fuck around with it, hot spots are very real my friend lol!

Why I lead him to e-wid, many good easy laymane texts on how too....

No training, in person, however, I lay each blot individually. Regardless of substance. Then I know fairly exactly how much each blotter has. However, you have to be aware that the saturation point will be hit. If need be, lay an amount, wait for the hit to dry, and lay more until you hit your desired projected dose. Hope this helps.

If you lay them individually, how do you make sure that the solution is applied evenly to the paper? I.e. making sure the entire solution is blotted up, but isnt oversoaked somewhere and the paper still dry in other places? Or do you use a bath / excess solution?

I'm not sure how dispersion is relevant if nothing drips off.

I have found 140# watercolor paper at a hobby store. I cut approximately 1" x1" pieces. This is the final size of my blot. I take my volumetrically dosed material, in my case most typically a 4mg/1ml DOC/EtOH(95%) (though I'm thinking of taking that to 8 or 12 mgs/1ml). I have pipettes that I suck my desired dose in, and they are incremented in .25 ml with a total accurate measurable amount
Of 1 ml.

I my paper is saturated around the .25 ml mark. I drip half of the amount on and blow on it gently to evaporate the alcohol more quicklier.

I hope spelling out my method helps you to seeunderstand what I'm doing and if you notice any flaws or pitfalls, you can illuminate me. I typed it all out because I didn't really understand your question/concerns. :)

The point was that IMO blotter paper does not blot liquid ideally and it can get too wet without the excess liquid spreading to nearby areas. And all the while evaporation complicates matters so that you cannot wait very long, if evaporation even happens evenly.

If you use very small sizes and single doses dripped on pieces of paper, then it is relatively easy and none of the above is a problem since you don't have to exactly saturate your paper - I've done your method before. It is when people start preparing multiple doses to be separated later i.e. sheets, even small ones, that it can get very complicated very quickly. It was not clear to me before that you pre-cut 1x1 inch pieces. Counter-intuitively it can get easier once you go to 'stacks' of sheets, but that is not recommended for noobs either.
So the message to people is to not make sheets for themselves or others and to not underestimate that, cause IMO you either realize the challenges and difficulties or - if you do not - you may not even be realizing the mistakes you are probably making. [If you have never laid it with added food coloring agent before, try it to double check how even it is really laid.]

Also in most cases volumetric measurement of a solution is fine... so there shouldn't be many excuses for trying to make blotter. I can't even justify why I tried doing that with my 100 mg phenazepam in the past. I could have just as easily made solutions like I have done with plenty of benzo's since.
Well one excuse for me to make melatonin blotter was that melatonin is just not stable in solution, it is apparently relatively sensitive in general. But the blotter I made I ended up doing with a GC microliter pipet, and I dosed each hit separately pretty much like you do, only with them still attached. Also NOT recommended without a microliter pipet!!

Thank you, everyone, for your comments and info. Has anyone had any luck with a custom, home-made perforation machine?

Also, as a side note, the link at the top of this thread may take to you the following error if you aren't registered and active:

To view this forum you need to be registered for 14 days and make 10 posts. You have 10 posts and 14 days left to go.

I'll probably just ask questions here and in other places and wait on your replies. Thank you, everyone!