• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

News Feds seize "staggering" amount of meth in fake Adderall pills laced with it

The odd thing about oxycodone is that swallowing the damned things maximizes their effect. If you snort them you might get 87% bioavailability but if you swallow them, first-pass metabolism converts about 10% of it into oxycodone which is x10 more potent. Since oral bioavailability is 80%%, oral makes them much stronger. It takes a couple of hours to peak but it's so much smoother.

But oxy is a trap. The boxes in the UK all have 'take by mouth every 12 hours' but research shows that they don't last 12 hours and therein is the trap. People who wouldn't expect it find themselves craving and watching the clock.

my GP prescribes me 30s and 10s and I take them TID. Yesterday I fell asleep and took a dose 4 hours late but I was OK. Do that on a 12 hour schedule and go over by 4 hours and you WILL rattle.

BTW for my money, the 14-methoxy homologue (some x50 more potent) looks like a good bet because it has affinity for the delta receptors by which I mean it will provide pain relief at very low doses and not lead to such physical dependence.