• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Feds Seize Kratom

jasperkent

Bluelighter

I don't understand this. As far as I know kratom is currently legal in Oklahoma.
What gives?

Also, (as usual) the Drug Warriors are exaggerating both the effects of the substance and the symptoms of withdrawal.
I've been a heavy kratom user (with periods of abstinence) for over 3 years. What I've experienced is about 1/10 of what they describe.

Goddamn pigs.

PS-- I am concerned about product quality and possible adulteration. That's why kratom, like other drugs, should be legal and regulated.

Kratom is gross, ime. Maybe I never used it properly but the powder and capsules from head shops never did shit for me. I agree it should be legal and regulated to ensure quality and no adulterants.

Lol @ "Goddamn Pigs" though. Drugs DO ruin lives, and just because kratom didn't harm yours doesn't mean it hasn't harmed others. It has.... enough to take action. Probably from said adulterated products overuse etc..

However,, I'm also sure you have never had a family member or loved one serve as a police officer. You couldn't deal with one day of the shit they go through. Defund the police, right?

Yeah wtf gives? This is strange indeed, maybe they seized it so they could have an idea of how weak it is, yet therapeutic..

"Oh no a plant is helping people, we gotta fucking stop this now too" motherfuck these pigs. How bout you seize some human trafficking or seize this stigma to pain meds, make SOMETHING readily available (codiene tabs?)so people will stop dying from goddamn fentanyl...

Kratom is gross, ime. Maybe I never used it properly but the powder and capsules from head shops never did shit for me. I agree it should be legal and regulated to ensure quality and no adulterants.

Lol @ "Goddamn Pigs" though. Drugs DO ruin lives, and just because kratom didn't harm yours doesn't mean it hasn't harmed others. It has.... enough to take action. Probably from said adulterated products overuse etc..

However,, I'm also sure you have never had a family member or loved one serve as a police officer. You couldn't deal with one day of the shit they go through. Defund the police, right?
Yes. Exactly right.
No it's not them but the drug laws that are ruining lives don't kid yourself..whether its prison or OD from street meds, this epidemic starts with fucked up drug laws. People should have a human right for pain relief.
Miss me with bacon,
" fuck the judge I got a grudge. Punk police. N<_:_@$ run the streets. It ain't nothing but music, shits changed. 1995, the games changed, morherfuckers is acting real strange. The rules is all rearranged. We got babies lying dead in the streets and these punk police is as crooked as me." Pac

It’s of course good that the state takes measures to ensure that consumer’s food supply isn’t poisoned or contaminated…I’m usually libertarian minded on most issues but that’s one role where the government could actually play a really positive role. Look at Harvey Wiley of the USDA for a good example of what that could look like. There’s plenty of work to be done on this issue, as there is a big issue with products engaging in false or deceptive advertising, not only drug supply but also the food supply being contaminated, etc

That’s not what these goons have been doing in good faith, though, in regard to kratom 🙄 several federal agencies have cast their gaze on kratom over the years and all the efforts have been based on the typical propaganda, assumptions and false beliefs that the drug war is based on more generally. They really can go fuck themselves ❤️

When I saw the thread title I thought, FDA or DEA?

And yeah as expected FDA. They’ve been fuckin around with kratom for a while now 🙄
The FDA recently banned NMN supplements. It's the only chemical which has been shown to have some anti-aging benefits.
The reason they banned it was that a drug company decided to do trials.
So, they banned it since it looks like it works.
It's expensive now, wait until Big Pharma takes it over.
I'm sure there is no monetary back scratching being done by the drug companies.

It's always a weird feeling listening to my stepbrother police officers in Oklahoma talk about busting people with weed sitting there stoned af like "woww yeah glad you caught the bad guys" 😂

I think it's the fact that they are advertising it as a supplement. I saw an article not to long ago where the FDA got up in a huff over vendors labeling it as a dietary supplement so most vendors changed product description.

Well it will not take vendors long to either rename their product and/or to extract the actives. Given how potent it is, an oz of what is sold now will turn into just a few hundred milligrams of active. The more thoughtful might then place them in tea-bags and sell it as something less obvious.

Of course, their are still SO MANY novel opioids that are similar in effect but much cheaper to obtain, I fully expect to see a return of O-desmethyl tramadol and other such rubbish which was formally sold as 'Krystal Kratom'.

Legal control has NEVER reduced deaths from a drug. Many people who had serious dependencies on other opioids will, no doubt, return to the criminals who offer such compounds.

To quote a friend of mine 'they have fucked themselves in the foot' with THAT move.

BTW their are other naturally occurring opioids. Many of them LESS safe. Eseroline (from boiling the Calabar Bean) is an obvious example. I could go on all day, but no doubt their are MANY.

They'll give it back with egg on their face. Too many lawyers and now politicians involved. It is the US. Although Oklahoma is strange, they grow a lot of cannabis yet it is illegal. I do remember 10 years ago a period where all incoming containers were being destroyed at the ports. Some outcry stopped that.

I will be honest, I was at a convenient store and I see this little shot vials of some type of extract. I would be all for having kratom purchased though qualified vendors only and out of the corner stores. Also it irritates me that people think those little shots vials are kratom. I trust nothing. The leaf is kratom to me and it does not bite me hard at all. Leaf is safer. Quality plain leaf is where it is at for me. I mean there already was some extracts found to be adulterated in the past with drugs I believe. I did UEI for 3 days in a row in 2009 and I felt like garbage after those 3 days.

Then again what do I know. Not sure someone would say coca leaf is cocaine. :p

I think it's the fact that they are advertising it as a supplement.
Yeah I believe this is what happened. Kratom can only be sold as a 'botanical specimen', incense, etc. Not as a supplement.

Ever since the DEA failed to get kratom scheduled, the nefarious people who want kratom banned have been weaponizing the FDA.

I don't understand this. As far as I know kratom is currently legal in Oklahoma.
It is legal, one of my go to vendors is from Oklahoma.

Defund the police, right?
I never said that.

Not all cops are sociopathic assholes but some are...and yeah, I call them pigs.

Also, the leaders and participants in the "War On Drugs" are, in my humble opinion, pigs.

And I've had good results from kratom, but everybody is different and I've heard there is some shitty product out there. Personally, it helped me kick a pretty serious oxy habit and I'm grateful for that.

They seized a single seller's inventory who was selling it as a supplement.
It may be the way they marketed it, it may be contaminated or it may be a law enforcement stunt under pressure from legislators. Oklahoma is 80% Republican.
There are regularly massive quantities of Kratom seized in states where it is legal, and this has not resulted in new legislation in the 44 states that have not legislated against it.
I wouldn't be surprised if it's returned, but we will see.

Most seizures you research will be contamination, spiked with drugs, counterfeit, false/illegal advertising claims and so on.
I don't see many adults that purchase kratom from a brown bag style bulk supplier for low pricing, so the odds of a minor doing it aren't incredibly high.
What quick stores tend to sell are small bottles or packets of capsules. Many will however being selling extract and this is what brings government intervention.
I'm betting that's who they usually go after and they are probably the ones that make trouble for everyone.
Spiking it, selling it to obvious children etc.

A bit out of date, but I remember Crystal Kratom cut with tramadol killing 6 kids (teens).

A bit out of date, but I remember Crystal Kratom cut with tramadol killing 6 kids (teens).
Holy crap just how much did they take!
Tramadol in itself a synthetic opiate has no significant recreational effects, but I am sure with Kratom, it's a massive booster.
Tramadol, contrary to older published claims, is in fact extremely addictive for some, and you will find posters in plenty on here that have talked about their withdrawal from it was worse than quitting intravenous heroin.
Tramahell; the nickname it's often posted with on here.
I've been on prescription tramadol, and am in the horror show of statistics for it's brutal withdrawal; it lasted 20 days, sent my brain chemistry into a frenzy due to it's SSRI effects that go ignored, and I was nearly awake for about 8 days straight. I know I slept 1 or 2 hours 3 or 4 times.
On the other hand, had I taken some benadryl or something else with enough kick, that tramahell probably would have been nothing.
I just know firsthand the shit is dangerous in a multitude of ways.

I have no idea about the specific actions of kratom but tramadol has NRI activity as well so the mixture could pose a specific mix.

At the end of the day, their are only 3 ways of knowing what drug you are taking:

1- It was prescribed and dispensed by a trustworthy pharmacist
2- You spend £400 on having a proper GC-MS / NMR of your compound
3- You make it, presuming you are able to apply good lab technique.

I can't say who told me, but I know Hamilton Morris has terrible lab technique and poisoned his then host almost fatally. The guy is a decent journalist, but there seem to be a lot of people 'skilled in the art' warning others NEVER to let him into their labs...