• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Federal Marijuana legalization under Pres. Trump

CannabisCorpse420

Greenlighter
Is federal marijuana legalization a possibility under Trump? He claims to be a supporter of medical or so I hear. (Note: just realized this is in wrong forum)

Last edited:
He used to be in favor of drug policy reforms but I think that was back in the 90s. I know that he's already made a promise to continue to allow states to make their own decisions on the issue but I haven't really heard him say anything abou the federal laws regarding the issue it. I guess I would consider myself a fairly strong conservative on most issues (especially the 2nd amendment) but I think their beliefs on drug policy reforms are outdated and completely unreasonable. I think he's more likely to support it than a lot of other politicians.

He used to be in favor of drug policy reforms but I think that was back in the 90s. I know that he's already made a promise to continue to allow states to make their own decisions on the issue but I haven't really heard him say anything abou the federal laws regarding the issue it. I guess I would consider myself a fairly strong conservative on most issues (especially the 2nd amendment) but I think their beliefs on drug policy reforms are outdated and completely unreasonable. I think he's more likely to support it than a lot of other politicians.
He's definitely all for medical, maybe if he legalized medical it might cause a push toward recreational legalization though.

I really hope I have access to medical soon. Weed helps me more than any pharmaceutical I've ever been prescribed, but I'm currently in a state that doesn't have a medical program.

it won't happen, trump is against drugs. hes not the worst guy to have in office for this issue because he understands the need to make compromises and in this case he supports medical but he's certainly not going to do anything to roll back prohibition.

If he knew someone close that was cured from cancer I could see him doing it.

He is a negotiator at heart, so given the circumstances I think it could happen.

He said he'll leave it up to that states, as he should. it's still too controversial of an issue. Hopefully that might change when enough people realize that having a pot store in their town isint the end of the world.

In my opinion I believe even if he wishes to make it federally legal it is not completely up to him because of the legality of it in th UK he would have to get them on board with it as well, again this is my opinion. I live in OH and it is now legal for medical however there are no dispensaries open and I suffer from chronic pain but am unable to smoke it due to an anxiety disorder... I need high cbd which less than 5% thc so I'm praying this happens soon...