• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

February 2017 Getting/Staying Clean/Sober Thread v. Sweethearts and Party Beads

Thanks for the support. I've been writing in a word processor for the past hour or so. No real direction with what I'm writing, just anything and everything that comes to mind. It's helping me process some deeper, more abstract thoughts and feelings.

I love writing like that....who knows where it will lead you?

Totally :) I am glad to hear your are taking good care of yourself TLD! What have you been doing for fun these days? Like, have you done anything in the last week or couple days you really enjoyed (could be as simple as starting a new book or eating a particularly tasty meal)?

Thanks TPD,
I have a 18 foot aluminum bass boat i love to fish ive been fishing for most of my life saltwater and freshwater. The last couple years ive been fishing alot more now that my 17 year old son loves fishing too. We took the boat out fishing last saturday for the first time this season even though we didnt catch anything it did wonders for my mood very uplifting!. I also have a foxbody mustang showcar/racecar in my garage i took at for the first time in two months instant uplift in mood when im in that car, hobbies are very important during recovery.

day 26 still going strong, close your eyes focus on your breathing if you really think somethings wrong. this game is bigger than us people you've got to take back control it really takes all your might but once you do i promise youll feel like your old self before you started thinking it was okay to put your DOC before your life.

Got 7 days today, feel great but cravings are a motherfucker like always. Best wishes to everyone on their journeys.

congrats on your 7 days :)

Thanks bro, 8 days today, but damn these cravings suck. Trying to stay busy working out, skateboarding, playing guitar, reading, etc. etc. but my mind always wanders back to "hey, we should get high on something", lol, shits crazy. Anyways, I hope everyone is doing good out there.

CH: I am finally clean! A brutal, almost three week rapid taper/jump off... over 40 hours off of all opiates and starting day 4 fof DOC oxymorphone...I know I face a lot of struggles, but hope to take them one minute at a time, if necessary. Thank you for your support as I struggled these past years to quit.

Thanks bro, 8 days today, but damn these cravings suck. Trying to stay busy working out, skateboarding, playing guitar, reading, etc. etc. but my mind always wanders back to "hey, we should get high on something", lol, shits crazy. Anyways, I hope everyone is doing good out there.

I know but with time it gets better. It may even scare you at times so I suggest you always find someone you trust and be honest about your situation. I still see my doctor every 3-4 months, and if there's an emergency I call him.

People advise us to live a day at a time but sometimes we need to live an hour at a time in rare events. I have figured it out that cravings do not last so much time even if it bothers you frequently. Just hold on to things you have learned and move on. You will get better and better with time.

Take care,

CH: I am finally clean! A brutal, almost three week rapid taper/jump off... over 40 hours off of all opiates and starting day 4 fof DOC oxymorphone...I know I face a lot of struggles, but hope to take them one minute at a time, if necessary. Thank you for your support as I struggled these past years to quit.

Congrats!!!!!!!!!! :D

I'm so proud of you!

I have 2 years, 4 months as of tomorrow %)

^ yes, indeed!

I'm few months behind you, although I had to use some type of drug when I had a quick surgery.
Even in medical doses, and for a short period of time, I believe our brain receptos get confused for the entire day.

Things like that makes me wonder what happens if I had to go on a surgery. :\
I hope that's not going to be necessary.

I know what you mean, and I'm hoping never to require major surgery again.

Congrats again on all your clean time man, you're a real inspiration to the others here still working on attaining that. :)

Congrats again on all your clean time man, you're a real inspiration to the others here still working on attaining that. :)

Damn straight, gentlemen...I look to you guys when I'm feeling beaten or out of energy.

^ yes, indeed!

I'm few months behind you, although I had to use some type of drug when I had a quick surgery.
Even in medical doses, and for a short period of time, I believe our brain receptos get confused for the entire day.

Ive had them same thoughts its definitely a concern of mine i have no surgeries planned but if i needed surgery i would definitely not stay on any opioids longer than a few days!.

Damn straight, gentlemen...I look to you guys when I'm feeling beaten or out of energy.

Be careful what you wish for my friend ;)

I can't believe the month is almost over. Really seemed to fly by for me. A very difficult month all things considered, but I've worked my ass off and it looks like I am going to actually be accomplishing my goals related to applying and securing the grants, scholarships and financial aid I need for grad school. Thank. God.

I know but with time it gets better. It may even scare you at times so I suggest you always find someone you trust and be honest about your situation. I still see my doctor every 3-4 months, and if there's an emergency I call him.

People advise us to live a day at a time but sometimes we need to live an hour at a time in rare events. I have figured it out that cravings do not last so much time even if it bothers you frequently. Just hold on to things you have learned and move on. You will get better and better with time.

Take care,
Thanks for your response. Yeah, I don't really have anyone to talk to about it, and I don't see that changing anytime soon, unfortunately. I agree with what you said about the cravings not lasting long.

I had a bad one Sunday night where I had my coat on two different times to go out and get something, but once I stopped and decided not to and started doing something else, it was gone. So I'm still going good with 10 days now. I feel like I have to slowly retrain my brain to not obsess about phychoactives, but it seems quite difficult.

Congrats to POkemama on your getting clean!! And everybody else getting/staying clean!