• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Kratom FDA Labling As A Dietary Supplent? YES? No? Maybe?

Lil'LinaptkSix

Moderator: H&R, TL
Staff member
"FDA has seen an increase in the number of shipments of dietary supplements and bulk dietary ingredients that are, or contain kratom, also known as Mitragyna speciosa,..."

"Kratom is a botanical that qualifies as a dietary ingredient under section 201(ff)(1) of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (the Act) [21 U.S.C. 321(ff)(1)]."

Import Alert 54-15

Sounds great to me!
Anyone have any comments?

Told ya! Not a drug.... :p
I do know that we consider it a "drug" but FDA say otherwise... I think.

Love ya'll mofos!
Ptah

Not sure if this is good news lol. To me it seems like they're saying that kratom shouldn't be able to be imported into the US as a dietary supplement, they probably want to change the current legislation.

I don't think the FDA has changed its mind about kratom, they have been trying to ban it for a while.

Last edited:
I don't think the FDA has changed its mind about kratom, they have been trying to ban it for a while.
Agreed: I just think they are gettin' tired of fighting with johnny public and have a lot of more pressing business to attend to.
Just found this this morning and it fuckin' shocked the shit outta me. Not sure I have interpreted it right and posted to see what others may think of the article. Open to any/all perspectives on it as it just seems like I may be dreaming: They have been trying to schedule this botanical for a looooong ass time here in the US.
Wonder what will happen to the push to kill it at the source... gotta see if there is any info re: this.
One

Edit:
1) Is the FDA right that kratom is an unapproved drug?

"No, kratom is properly classified as a food under the provisions of the U.S. Food Drug & Cosmetic Act."
Citing AKA

More research....

Last edited: