Favourite Workout Music

CFC

Bluelight Crew
So, I've been told I'm a total pussy for listening to house/electronic music when I train. Apparently it's reducing my gainz by 50%.

So, let's YouTube some of your favourite music to workout to. Maybe you guys can educate me and add 2" to my biceps at the same time.... ;)

Last edited:
So, I've been told I'm a total pussy for listening to house/electronic music when I train. Apparently it's reducing my gainz by 50%.

So, let's YouTube some of your favourite music to workout to. Maybe you guys can educate me and add 2" to my biceps at the same time.... ;)

If you don't gain 15 lbs of raw mass then I don't know if you know about dem' gainz bro.

In all honesty I never workout with music so this is definitely interesting to me. I have to maintain an extremely focused atmosphere within my head. So having complete silence is perfect for me.

I dunno why that would make you a pussy, it could get you pretty hyped i guess.

I personally listen to rap, but i do know a bunch of people who think its pointless to listen to music while working out unless its metallica

I always assumed you were more of a Bananarama fan for the gym mate! ;)

I dunno why that would make you a pussy, it could get you pretty hyped i guess.

I personally listen to rap, but i do know a bunch of people who think its pointless to listen to music while working out unless its metallica

I like fast paced music... although sometimes I like to train to silence - I just stick my headphones in to block out the sound and deter overly chatty types :)

I always assumed you were more of a Bananarama fan for the gym mate! ;)

That better be sarcasm!!!

56530673.jpg

I'm probably just as much of a pussy ;) I do also listen to a heap of metal, like Periphery.

All these of those work for me... maybe I should diversify my playlist a bit

Honestly if I was going to listen to something while working it would be something that puts me into a trance that of which I function solely in auto-pilot. After a while weightlifting and the mind-muscle connection becomes a subconscious action due to the attentiveness that was acquired from months or maybe in years trying to feel the cascading motion of various muscles working in harmony for the movement and being able to isolate the feeling. The more I keep my mind in a subconscious state of function and just grooving to the music the better I perform. When I start focusing on my actual activity that is usually when I begin making mistakes because I'm always the most analytical of my own motions and the judgement could probably lead to me making a mistake out of pure lack of focus on my main goal, quality contractions.
lol...if that even made sense.

EDIT: I guess if I was going to listen to something while lifting weights it would be the same kind of music I listen to when doing any type of homework or little writings that I've posted before.

Something like this....

Some people find this music too distracting in reference to lack of any real traditional rhythm or chord progressions if you have played music, but I enjoy it. It is like the music of my mind when its working I feel.

Last edited:

Probably not what I would workout to, but I actually like that song. Nightwish has an awesome version...

As far as what I listen to tho, definitely metal. Here's what's off my mp3 player...

Dissection
Enslaved
Immortal
Kataklysm
Emperor

The rest of the stuff on it is more chillout stuff which I like, just not when I'm working out.

Last edited:
^^ Paul van Dyk is already on some playlists :)

Some good chunes... I'm gonna see what effect this has on my gainz... :)

metal with intense drumming:

I approve of this up until the vocals; they're not bad, just not my thing, and I'd LOVE this track if it were an instrumental in the same style as the intro, or with more uhh...deep clean vocals I guess.