• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Dosing Favourite way to utilize stems

tired of crap

Bluelighter
I’ve got a fair amount of stems from this year and last. I know they contain something and I just don’t want to throw them out.

I was thinking using a higher stem to coconut oil ratio than with flower and just making edibles. Maybe use them to take the tea base. Thoughts?

It's worth trying. Personally, I just grind everything down and the stems get tossed in my vaporizer with the flower. Huge ones I'll toss, and occasionally I'll chew on one for a good while.

Really, though, try making edibles with them. People have been doing it for generations now.

I save the stick n stems until I figure there’s enough then put them in a grinder, grind and freeze overnight with a non magnetic *clean* coin. In the morning, shake the grinder from side to side, back and forth and a few light taps on the table.

Kief.

Tom

I save all my stems and bud crumbs, then when I got an ounce or two saved up use to make butter which seems about 2/3-3/4 the potency of butter made from straight flower. Just do extra water washes on it as the white crap in the middle of stems will leach out.

Next option is washing the trichromes off with acetone. Two methods. One is having a container that you put stems with hole at the bottom, drop in acetone at the top and eventually it’ll drip out the bottom with a honey gold color. Do til satisfied. The other method, put stems into mason jar and then fill 1/4 the way with acetone. Cap then shake gently for 15mins, pour off through a filter and repeat again with fresh acetone for 2mins.

If done quickly enough a honey oil can be obtained which is very pure.

-GC

Chop them into 2 inch long pieces pack them in a gallon glass jar pickle jar works great Add one bottle either PGA or Everclear. Put in a cool dry place with the lid on check after a week I had more Stamms Keith whatever continue to do so depending on the amount of stems may add more alcohol to top it out. After at least a month strain through cheesecloth add some Liquer ( anisette my pref) cinnamon sticks, mint, whatever. Green Jack

I used to put them in a bottle of vodka for about a year until the vodka turned brown.

Shake once a week or so. Can see the thc from the stems dissolving. Occasionally when i had a lot of bud i would chuck a little nugget of flower in there.

Then when you have no smoke you can do a few shots and get high. Actually tastes really nice, beautiful aftertaste.
Once all the vodka is gone you can refil and get a 2nd batch from it, but it won't be as strong.