• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Favourite empathogens

MuGeTsU_89

Greenlighter
Hey Bluelighters, what are your opinions on *snip* empathogens? I have yet to try any of them, *snip*... What are your favorites??

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to let you know, we can't tell you what you can/can't/should take etc, or what is or isn't legal. There are many ambiguous laws/grey areas which of course differ all over the planet, and so it is up to you to work that one out. I've edited your post slightly in order to reflect this .

That said, I don't mind describing/discussing some of my favourite empathogens, or for others to do the same. :)

A few of of my favourites are actually psychedelics.

2C-B - very hedonistic empathogenic phenethylamine psychedelic. Music sounds slick, tactile sensations improved and a very sort of laid back vibe. Makes you feel very cool when dancing.
5-MeO-DALT - A tryptamine psychedelic with very little in the way of visuals, and again, a very sort of cool and laid back vibe, leaving a kind of fun and light empathogenic experience. Can get quite confusing in higher doses, a la MDMA/MDA, but nowhere near as powerful.
AMT - Another tryptamine empathogen, but with much more of a psychedelic push. Can be very visual and some experiences are more predominantly psychedelic, and vice versa.
2C-I - Similar-ish to 2C-B, vaguely. Again generally quite easy going, but not really always quite as friendly as 2c-b. It can get quite visual and lasts between 2-3 times as long.
4-mmc (mephedrone) - Quite similar to MDMA in ways, and definitely more of a textbook empathogen than the ones I listed above. Very chatty and pretty euphoric, and can get quite messy, again, a la MDMA. I used to always start tripping a bit towards the end of the night.
4-FA - Sort of like more of a classic stimulant with an empathogenic push. Very similar to its close relative 2-FA, except 2-FA doesn't really have any empathogenic effects. 4-FA isn't quite as powerful an empathogen as MDMA/mephedrone in my experience.

Then you have the obvious classics:
MDMA - A gorgeous, beautiful and hedonistic experience. It really tends to open people up (which is one of the reasons that it is so powerful in therapeutic settings), and obviously as such has a tendency to cause a lot of love. Lots of rushes and at higher doses creates a very, fun, messy and trippy experience. Lot's of talking to people who disappear or talking gibberish to your mates before realising it doesn't make any sense.
MDA - As above, although more psychedelic and introspective. Not always quite so loved up, but certainly a lot more trippy. Basically about as 'trippy' as I described above, except the hallucinations are generally more frequent/powerful/longer lasting. Again, as with MDMA, still generally quite fun/gentle. You tend to laugh when you're trying to text a message on a phone that doesn't exist, or talking to a mate about complete nonsense who then disappears.

MDMA, MDA and 2C-B are easily my favourites; very, very special substances. Closely followed by AMT and 5-MeO-DALT. :)

Thanks, I wasn't really asking for legal discussion, sorry if it came off that way.. Thank you for your opinions though, I was more or less, wondering what the closest thing to actually rolling was in the eyes of other people... There seems to be alot that are pretty close in terms of RC's.

Oh, and thanks for editing my post too, I'll be sure to use better wording next time..

Nice list of suggestions, Tranced! ;)

I really like MDA and it's benzofuran analog 6-APDB. 6-APB and 5-APB are ok too but I use them very rarely.
Haven't tried -MAPB's, I'd really want to try 6-MAPDB. I'd also want to try 5-Meo-DiPT and 5-Meo-DiBF, which is a benzofuran analog of 5-Meo-DiPT. With benzofurans though, I've noticed that you either like them or hate them (some people have violent puking reactions, headaches, chest pains), so far mine and my GF's chemistry agrees with them! :)

5-Meo-MiPT proved to be quite empathetic, interesting and relaxing in low doses (1-2,5mg), as well as vaporized MET (for me).

Mescaline and all it's analogs, Proscaline in particular - mellow fluffy high, about as trippy as MDA, IME.

Thanks for your opinions... I wanna ask about the benzofuran nausea, as that is the one that seems to be the "Gold Standard," in a general consensus (I think).. Is it like a nausea that is associated with hallucinogens (throw up once or twice, then off to the races?) Or nausea that lasts the effect of the substance?

I would also like any opinions/points of view on the cause of this please. Could it be due to the action on serotonin? I believe I read somewhere that elevated serotonin can cause one to be sick. Any info is very appreciated, and again, thanks guys...