Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Favourite Drug based Movie

Which is your favourite drug themed movie?

• Around The Fire

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Barfly

• The Basketball Diaries

Votes: 10 2.2%
  • Belly

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Blow

Votes: 29 6.3%
  • Candy

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • Cheech & Chong ...

Votes: 9 2.0%
  • Clockers

• Deep Cover

• Drugstore Cowboy

Votes: 28 6.1%
  • Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas

Votes: 92 20.1%
  • Go

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Grass

• Half Baked

Votes: 9 2.0%
  • How High

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Human Traffic

Votes: 25 5.5%
  • hurlyburly

• It's All Gone Pete Tong

• Layer Cake

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • Leaving Las Vegas

• Less Than Zero

• Little Fish

• Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • The Man with The Golden Arm

• Maria Full of Grace

• Naked Lunch

• New Jack City

• Paid in Full

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Reefer Madness

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Requiem For A Dream

Votes: 54 11.8%
  • Rush

• The Salton Sea

Votes: 13 2.8%
  • Scarface

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Sid & Nancy

• Spun

Votes: 16 3.5%
  • Traffic

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Trainspotting

Votes: 75 16.4%
  • True Romance

Votes: 6 1.3%
  • Wasted

• ......none of the above.....

Votes: 25 5.5%
  • A Scanner Darkly

• Total voters
It might not be *drug-based* but Boogie Nights is one of my favorites.

One of MY favortie movies, with drugs as a central part of the plot, is Scarface

Thats because wasted was a peice of shit mtv financed NIDA pile of crap. Buy yourself some taste in movies.

Well I haven't read through the other posts but many of the best drug based movies are covered on this page.....although many of the gangsta styled movies that heavily revolve around drugs are often the best : Goodfellas, scarface and a movie that is one of my favourites called New Jack City...watched it again last night and i think it was way ahead of its time..

n4k33n said:
Thats because wasted was a peice of shit mtv financed NIDA pile of crap. Buy yourself some taste in movies.
Hey man people have their own opinions.

Spun offended me as both a movie lover AND a tweaker.

It was NOT "a terrifying glimpse into the life of a meth addict"

Nor was it "a breakthrough film"

Spun was one horrible cliche after another... lame caricatures of tweakers.

What's even worse is that people often compare it to Requiem for a Dream. That's tantamount to putting Strange Brew and Leaving Las Vegas into the same category... hey, they are both about drinking, right?

Not to mention Jonas Akerlund is a lame director. He should stick to music videos. His attention span doesn't seem to go much further.

What a waste of great talent like Mickey Rourke & Jason Schwartzman.

In my opinion, Fear and Loathing was EXTREMELY overrated.

Ah, good to see some people w/ some sense and the ability to recognize a movie's shittiness.

Spun was just stupid, and Fear and Loathing, I dunno, I just don't see what makes it a good movie, at all.

As for the ones I like, they've already been said of course, but Requiem, Traffic, Trainspotting, B-ball Diaries, and Drugstore Cowboy. I probably forgot something...

Oh and this isn't yet a movie, but I'm really excited to see how the movie version of "A Million Little Pieces," by James Frey turns out - one of my favorite books ever, it's basically just his experience in rehab to put it concisely, but it is a really amazing story, and I really liked his writing style too. Anyways, I hope the movie turns out good, although someone told me that Lindsay Lohan was gonna be in it. I dunno how accurate that is, but she definitely, definitely would not be the right actress for the main female character in the book.

Has anyone ever seen Midnight Express? It's a movie about Billy Hayes. He was caught smuggling hash out of Turkey and sent to a barbaric prison. The way he was tortured in this movie is horrific. That's my favorite movie, even though it's a 1978 film. But it's awesome I think. It's kinda sad, but it's good. If any of you ever get a chance to watch it, you really should!!:)

Last edited:
Paid In Full and Belly are two great movies about selling drugs. If you can get past Nas's horrible dialogue, you can appreciate Belly almost as much as Paid In Full. Paid In Full has its share of rappers in the movie too though.

I watched State Property the other day as well. It was surprisingly decent. Dame Dash steals the show though. Fucking hillarious.

check out those 3

I just rented a movie called Acts of Warship. Its a good story about a girl in New York who is damn near lost on H and coke. Its not the best drug movie but its definetly worth watching.

Fear and Loathing obviously. Its my favorite movie, period.

Anyone ever seen or heard or Harvard Man (i think thats the title)? Its about a star basketball player that eats an astronomical amount of acid and freaks out. Its not fuckin brilliant or anything, but i guess its worth a mention.

Fear and Loathing, The Salton Sea, Drugstore Cowboy, Requiem For a Dream, Spun(even though it sucked),

Anxious to see "The Rum Diaries" Depp reprises his HST role!! great book. hopefully the movie will be =

As far as drug based comedies go, Lock, Stock and 2 Smoking Barrels, Cheech and Chong, Up In Smoke, and Reefer Madness. As far as drug based dramas go: The Salton Sea and Blow.

REQUEM FOR A DREAM, HANDS DOWN!
then Trainspotting

Come on kids nobody has said "SLC PUNK"... Remember what happend to Shaun right??

I didnt like fear and loating that much... Im always the odd one out.

Last edited:
slc was aight. but didn't really affect me. i mean come on. you gonna take a handfull of percocets(i might...- the booze) on top of all of what all he drankand expect things to go strr8..... the movie was allriite... buit i dont consider it a "drug" based flick . thas jus me though.

Favourites are out of..
Fear & loathing
Blow
Trainspotting
Human traffic
drugstore cowboy

yeh, to all the people that have said fear and loathing is overrated, the book is better blah blah blah...have you actually seen the movie on acid or shrooms?

there is so much going on psychedelic visual wise. and i am not even talking about when it shows what they see. the movie fucks with yer whole mood to compared to some lame ass movie like traffic.