• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Favorite video games of all time

the original rainbow six was great for this kind of strategy. it was amazing to plan out the routes of completely separate teams and time them just right.
Took away a bit of the fun.
Then again, I am lazy.

Got to where I didn't have to have any involvement, other than planning routes for multiple teams.
UO almost destroyed me.

Super Mario 64
Ocarina of Time
GoldenEye
WWF War Zone
Super Mario Galaxy
Spyro the Dragon
Bomberman
Driver
The Getaway
GTA 3/Vice City/San Andreas
Tony Hawk 2, 3, 4, Underground
Mortal Kombat and Sonic the Hedgehog 1 + 2 on Sega Megadrive/Genesis
Pokemon Red / Blue
Worms Armageddon
Age of Mythology
Battlefield 1942, Vietnam, 2 & Counter Strike 1.6 / Source (used to play these over LAN at my local PC store with all my school buddies back in the day, SO much fun)
Combat Flight Sim
Fable 2
UFC Undisputed 3
Skate 1, 2, 3

Fallout
Fallout 2
Neverwinter Nights - smoking weed playing D&D online, amazing
Counterstrike - CS:GO currently
Skate 1, 2 - the original Community Park is the best spot of all time
Dragon Age everything
Mass Effect
THPS 2 - college days
Doom - LAN gaming in high school
Saints Row 3
Half Life 2
KOTOR
TOR

i thought saints row 3 was one of the worst games ive ever played. they made it way too extreme that it made everything kinda lame. was really upset too because i loved the first two games.

Took away a bit of the fun.
Then again, I am lazy.

Got to where I didn't have to have any involvement, other than planning routes for multiple teams.
UO almost destroyed me.

the novel new element to a shooter thrilled me at the time

Doom - LAN gaming in high school

indeed.

like hardware online arenas, for me the best death match games are the simpler ones. you get so intimately aware of the limits of your movement and weapons you can focus more on strategy rather than controls. i could never get near as much fun from the faster shooter deathmatches since i was always stressing over controls.

so frickin win

indeed.

like hardware online arenas, for me the best death match games are the simpler ones. you get so intimately aware of the limits of your movement and weapons you can focus more on strategy rather than controls. i could never get near as much fun from the faster shooter deathmatches since i was always stressing over controls.

so frickin win

Controls become muscle memory, after like 2-3 games, but I guess that's just me. I can only imagine what you'd think of games like Quake 3 Arena or Unreal tournament :D.

tried the former, too much effort. i just want to have fun.
doom and HOA were super fun!

i still play COD online on occasion, but the appeal doesn't ever really last.

^ Have you played X-Com: Enemy Unknown? It's a cool stategic, turn-based shooter that is incredibly addictive. You customize your own alien-fighting secret government facility and outfit/upgrade your squad of marines. It's quite a difficult game (all units you control have perma-death), but one of the most rewarding experiences I've had in a long time.

i thought saints row 3 was one of the worst games ive ever played. they made it way too extreme that it made everything kinda lame. was really upset too because i loved the first two games.

That's pretty much its appeal. Its a huge joke on the whole GTA series. There's actually a decent story behind the dildos and space martians. The scene where they sing Sublime is pretty classy.

I loved Vice City and played it a ton. Its more homage to Scarface and 80s culture. I couldn't get into GTA 4

Unreal back in the day was awesome. Multiplayer crack on PC.

the shooters were my favorite really halo, cod, gow, halo 4 was my all time favorite

^yeah i loved that scene too

^ Have you played X-Com: Enemy Unknown? It's a cool stategic, turn-based shooter that is incredibly addictive. You customize your own alien-fighting secret government facility and outfit/upgrade your squad of marines. It's quite a difficult game (all units you control have perma-death), but one of the most rewarding experiences I've had in a long time.
i've only heard good things about it. once i see a copy for a fist full of clams i'll scoop it up.
I really liked manhunt when it first came out. graphics are kinds sucky now.
great stealth game, graphics be damned. it was so tricky and freaky, especially with the headset on.

great stealth game, graphics be damned. it was so tricky and freaky, especially with the headset on.

it was one of the best, your right graphics be damned :) most of the games out now dont have half the entertainment that was to be had with manhunt.

Last edited:
i've only heard good things about it. once i see a copy for a fist full of clams i'll scoop it up.

I don't know if your PC is up to the task, but it's currently on sale on Steam for $20 (American obviously) and will probably drop even further between now and July 22nd.

Sonic 2, 3
Super mario world
Super mario kart
Chrono trigger
Final fantasy 4, 5
Suikoden 1, 2
Crash team racing
Stellar frontier

I own (and need to play) xenogears and final fantasy tactics. Also want to play FF6, 7, 9.

Last edited:
streets of rage (rollerblade to the face yo)
golden axes
revenge of shinobi
road rage!
duke nukem on floppy
prince of persia- the old one
sonics
duck hunt (or shoot, can't remember) with the light gun on NES
True lies
Mortal Kombat
All the total war series
caeser 3 - goddam loved that game
sid meier's alpha centauri
Worms and lemmings!
Loved homeworld while baked

Unreal tournament, with ALL the patches!
dungeon keeper and populous, molyneux games
I wasted months of my life on C&C red alert 1 and 2,
and even more time on the commandos series - some of those missions literally took weeks.

argh - micro machines!!!

mario kart, goldeneye, zelda (greatest game of all time still ocarina) - previous poster was right this was the golden age of gaming!
starcraft
fallout 3
skyrim

Fucking DEUS EX

Last edited:
Sonic 2, 3
Super mario world
Super mario kart
Chrono trigger
Final fantasy 4, 5
Suikoden 1, 2
Crash team racing
Stellar frontier

I own (and need to play) xenogears and final fantasy tactics. Also want to play FF6, 7, 9.

you should check out shining force 1 and 2 for sega

it lied down the foot prints for FF tactics