• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Favorite strains!

crazybinc

Bluelighter
Hey everyone I'm dedicating this form
On your favorite strains. Let's make this our top 5 favorite strains.
My favorite are:
1: Original OG Kush, definitely my
Favorite. Perfect sativa/indica mix
And my favorite high and medical
Effects. And taste:)
2: Blue dream, my second favorite.it really is a relaxing mellow high that
Definitely helps with sleep, pain realive
And very happy and euphoric.
3: Bubba kush, very intense and smooth strain. Nice taste and very
Good seditive effects with little tiredness.
4: Ak-47: Very good sativa, if grown right and the original strain, it has
Very high thc content that gives u that sativa energetic high. Pretty good for
Work and functioning with a very clean
High that lasts long and doesn't knock you out. And tastes and looks very nice.
5: Girl scout cookies (original):
Very very tasty. Nice for day time and
Energy with the head high and slight
Body high. This is the best tasting I have had. Perfect for camping and out door activities. And gives me the munchies very much:)
I am an original stain person I guess.
All the new strains are still good but I just found with the old original strains,
It just beats the new:) anyway
Give me your top 5 with a brief
Description of it and I'll have to try them!

Nice list man. I approve of the OG Kush and Blue Dream for sure, in fact I've got some OG kush myself. It is just the right hit, powerful stuff.

My list would be
The original northern lights x haze from '95 (not the one Sensi are selling now northern lights #5 x haze which is still good but Nothing on the original). The original version of this strain is a hybrid but the particular pheno they made available seems to be leaning heavily on the sativa with long tight colas. Has a full flavour creme thick smoke that I've only ever found with a couple of other strains and never in such an intensely delightful way.
2. G13 x haze, similar to the northern lights x haze only completely different taste, smells of Parma violets, tastes like freshly chopped celery. Again very strong in effect.
3. Chocolope, very unique bud structure. Very smelly and a very distinct smell and flavour at that. Quite a mellow high but it's lovely.
4. Shiva shanti, the original I've only had this once a long time ago but seemed great at the time, very unique smell and flavour.
5. Kali mist - 90% sativa but very uplifting kind of high, like the hit from a line of good coke, subtle but only this is organic and better for you :)

I could go on, but other honourable mentions
Jack Herer, it's actually better than a coupe on the above list. Decent sized buds too.

There are a whole boast of strains from the DNA genetics that look like they'd be good. All interesting hybrids, also where the OG kush I tried was from. I would personally rank it on a peg with the G13 x haze or maybe better would need both side by side to know for sure :)

Nice strain list :) I agree those in your list are some very good buds. You seem to like the sativa genes I see.
I'm more into either very special hybrid
Mixtures or a pure bread indica or sativa.pure breads really are special
Tho sometimes for that noticeable
Either head or body high:)

1. Blue Dream - Love the strong berry flavor.
2. Blue Cheese - Man is that stuff stanky! along with a blueberry and blue cheese flavor.
3. Grape strains - Purple, Grape ape, etc.
4. Blueberry Kush - Makes me nod out and again, I love berry flavors.
5. Cherry Pie - My wildcard choice, was very interesting flavor.

I'm confused on what you mean by original, because everything listed is a genetic cross through selective breeding done by human beings. Seeds off the same plant are going to be way different, there's a reason why you see strains with #3 #4 #5 etc. after them and it's because they've planted say 100 seeds from the same plant and they're all different phenos of the same genetics. Every pheno will be slightly different, and it's a matter of picking the one you like best.

Over the past 60 years every strain that's out there is just a reshuffling of the deck of landraces. We've taken the big bad wolves and bread them down into chihuahuas and pomeranians. Everything was bread in a prohibition mind state of how much can we yield, and how fast will it finish. There's a reason why everything is finicky and susceptible to all types of things from molds to pests to problems uptaking certain nutrients to whatever is because the genetics are a giant inbread cesspool. It's like how some breeds of dogs are more susceptible to eye problems or hip displaysia.

Phylos Biosciences has been working for the past few years to compile the data and release their findings. Long story short is that the hundreds and hundreds of strain out there are just the landraces reshuffled and crossed together over and over and over and over and over and over.

http://phylosbioscience.com/about/

Off their site: "With our collaborators, we are using Next Generation Sequencing to map out the evolutionary relationships of the original Cannabis landraces and the thousands of cultivated strains and crosses that have arisen in the last few decades. The evolutionary landscape of domesticated plants can be extremely complex, and because of extensive selective breeding and intercrossing the Cannabis phylogeny is likely to be one of the most elaborate. Sequencing of thousands of genes per sample will allow us to generate a truly accurate history of the evolution and interrelationships of Cannabis strains. All of our genetic data will be correlated with chemotype data, and this will give us a deeper understanding of the impact of breeding on plant characteristics. Eventually it will also allow us to predict the cannabinoid potential of new strains based on their genotype alone."

Last edited:
1) OG Kush - Not much to say about it, just really euphoric stuff
2) Jack Herer - Cerebral like a pure sativa but calming like pure indica
3) Hashplant derivatives - Great flavours and opiate-like high
4) Blueberry (DJ Short) - Great indica with awesome taste
5) Friesland - M33 derivative, grows well outdoors in Canadian climate

I'm cool with whatever though, Jack Herer has often been on offer for me but if there's an option to try a strain I haven't tried yet I'll go with that. I generally like outdoor nugs regardless of strain, usually those are sold cheaper and seem to get skuffed less than a lot of indoor stuff

Yeah I just blazed a straight spliff with only the very top bud of OG kush in it man that shit is supreme :)

@DaDankyDank I mean the stuff now that they sell NL #5 x haze is crap compared to the strain available as Northern Lights x Haze in 1995.

Hey everyone I'm dedicating this form
On your favorite strains. Let's make this our top 5 favorite strains.
My favorite are:
1: Original OG Kush, definitely my
Favorite. Perfect sativa/indica mix
And my favorite high and medical
Effects. And taste:)
2: Blue dream, my second favorite.it really is a relaxing mellow high that
Definitely helps with sleep, pain realive
And very happy and euphoric.
3: Bubba kush, very intense and smooth strain. Nice taste and very
Good seditive effects with little tiredness.
4: Ak-47: Very good sativa, if grown right and the original strain, it has
Very high thc content that gives u that sativa energetic high. Pretty good for
Work and functioning with a very clean
High that lasts long and doesn't knock you out. And tastes and looks very nice.
5: Girl scout cookies (original):
Very very tasty. Nice for day time and
Energy with the head high and slight
Body high. This is the best tasting I have had. Perfect for camping and out door activities. And gives me the munchies very much:)
I am an original stain person I guess.
All the new strains are still good but I just found with the old original strains,
It just beats the new:) anyway
Give me your top 5 with a brief
Description of it and I'll have to try them!

your list is awesome but...
you gotta try BLUE COOKIES (blue dream + girl scout cookies) pretty good mash up (hybrid) 26.29% THC and .50% CBD.

- tangerine kush
- white widow
- sour d
- northern lights
- critical mass
- Durban poison

Sounds like we're talking favorite strain (names)...

Blue Cheese and Blue Dream --both very very enjoyable, for me, daytime strains. Made me more social, quenched my anxiety, sparked creativity and overall were mood boosters.

Northern Lights, circa 1990s. Very well rounded. Anytime of day/night strain. Mm mm mm.
Purple Passion - used to be my go to night time smoke.
Ak 47
White Rhino
Girl Scout Cookie/s
Trainwreck

Shit.... i love weed.

Back when i smoked still these were my 5 most desired favorite strains. Not in any order.

Blue dream. Taste and smells wonderful. Real happy uplifiting high, made me happy.

Girl scout cookies. Great taste. Sometimes minty sometimes coffee/earthy tasting. Great smell. Always nice green slightly purple crystally buds. Great stoning buzz with the perfect amount of up to it. Brings me back to better days.

Purp kush. Most of the time it was green despite it being called purp kush. Always sticky crystaly stuff. Had that skunky yet piney purp smell. Tasted fantastic and smelled even better. Great body high with a great head high. Good daytime stuff.

Og kush. Prob the most potent out of the list. Always one bowl and done strain. Always dense buds, more dark green then anything, classic og kush smell and lovely taste. I liked it cause it was so potent and looked nice too. Usualy a real heavy body high..

Grape ape. Nice medium green buds, sometimes with patches of purple or purple leaves. Smelled nice. Skunky but a weird purp smell i cant put my finger on. Tasted wonderful. Looked even better. Great body high with a slight head high. Night time stuff.

Honorable mentions. Lemon kush. Great lemon smell/taste. Nice bud structure. Almost yellowish color hairs. Real upliiting and overall mood enhancer..

Nyc diesel. Nice diesely smell with a hint of citrus or grapefruit. Taste great. Good half and half high. Nice dense buds and little leaf.

Blueberry. Nice dense buds. Obvious blueberry smell and taste. Looked good. Nice red hairs nice green color. Good for daytime or to just make anything you do better.

Green crack. Nice light green buds, altough ive seen dark green crack before. Usualy spots of purple. Smells like bubble gum, or like a cheesy smell, depends on the cut. Great taste, very uplifiting happy get stuff done high. Usualy leafy though..

The list goes on and on..

Man Blue Dream is really popular. I remember smoking it but I don't remember it being particularly noteworthy, personally.

My top 5 would have to be...
Sour Diesel
Strawberry Kush
Blueberry Kush
Blue Dream
Granddaddy Purple

I go by taste.

Gotta be Kosher Kush for me at this point. Been my go to bed time meds for a good 6 months now. Nothing else I have come across since I left the 'Dam really stacks up to it. It is probably the stinkiest weed I have ever dealt with too, it smells great. If you can get your hands on it I highly recommend it.

Chernobyl is probably the best I have had. , then caribe, three kings,
Blackberry kush

You forgot chem...how could you....lol.
idk what's up w/ all this blue dream. Always been one of least fav strains. Always blast through it n high is not kind of high I look for, coupled w/ it being overgrown due to being one of highest yielders.

My list:
Purple kush
Chemdawg & his relatives
GG#4
Everything else