favorite songs

ScoobyDooby

Bluelighter
k, well i am looking to make a little compilation cd with my new burner... can i get a few suggestions for best rolling songs?? it'll be a nice survey question too.

I'm not sure exactly what type of music you're into(trance, house, etc.) But I'm listening to Tetris 98 right now and lovin it!!! Oh wait.......... now Amokk is on!! Yes, I want to dance!!!!
------------------
If you can't change it - get over it. If you can - do!

don't even get me started. =)
right now, I am utterly obsessed with "shooting star" but BANG! (its happycore)
I have tons of great songs... eye opener, brisk and trixxy... all kinda of crazy stuff... if yer lookin fer some HHC MP3's lemme know... I can send ya some if ya likes.
------------------
"Like a shooting star,
Accross the midnight sky!
Wherever you are,
Yer gunna see me FLY!!"
-BANG!
PaRaDoX -and PLUR for all!

well i love to dance, so anything that really gets me pumped. 666 is cool, but i prefer el fuego or that one where they scream 'whoo!' definitely a trance kinda guy, but i'll give anything a listen to. hit me.
~scoobs~

Anything Happy Hardcore or 666!!!!!
------------------
If you can't change it - get over it. If you can - do!

well scooby, if you're into trance, then you MUST check out "tranceport" by paul oakenfold, one of the best trance CD's ever made. also..."tranceport 2" by dave ralph. anything by nick warren.....he is the man! sasha, digweed, tony devit, there are a few names that should get you started...good luck, they all are absolutely awesome!

My roll cd I made has the following:
DJ Jean - The Launch
DJ Sakin and Friends - Protect your mind (braveheart theme)
ATB - 9pm Till I Come
Alice Deejay - Better off alone
Lizard - Gonna Get Ya
SM Trax - Got the groove
Johnny Vicious - Ecstasy
Jonah - Sssssttt....Listen
Orbital - Halycon
York - The Awakening
When I roll, I like really cool electronic sounds and stuff, like on The Launch, that riff is just sooooo stimulating and energetic. It's phat. SM Trax is like that too. Lovey songs like Better Off Alone are fun too. Can't forget Ecstasy...that's a classic.
Hope those ideas helped
PLUR
DJ Maurer

maurer i'm with you. i love those songs that really send tingles up and down your body with cool electric effects. love the launch. hey has anyone ever heard of get get static by yoda? i love that song, but can't find anything else by yoda. keep the suggestions coming!

There are some fantastic tracks on the Nick Warren Budapest cd, (disc 2).
And I love the Takkyu Ishino cd (DJF400). Seb Fonatine has some wicked tracks and you really can't go wrong with Sasha.
I'm actually looking around for some pumpin' hardcore psychedelic trance - does anyone have any suggestions? What's good out there?
Thanks.

Orbital's Halcyon + On + On. Greatest song of all time! Definitive essential. Find it on their second work.

i hear ya.. master T is you like Oakey, try Global Undergrouds New York, it's better than transport....Anjele, i love Nick Warren, Budapest is my favorite cd, but i like disc 1 better... and i'm not sure which Seb Fontaine you have, Prototype 2 is outstanding, and i have all Sasha cd's i know of.. as for individual songs m favs are
not in order....
Mothers pride-learning to fly (protype 2)
The Def Set-Ogo (kimball Collins Trance 2000)
Ron Hagen & Pascal M.- Take u there
Hybrid-Airless
sasha- Belfunk & Rabitweed (Xpander EP)
Arcadium- Fade Instinct (Nick Warren-Budapest)
Purple Haze- Genetic (Budapest)
Vintage Millenium-Propaganda (digweed-sydney)
just some of my favorites-
[This message has been edited by jammer24 (edited 13 January 2000).]

arghhhh!!! are there NO junglists here???!!
surely not everyone on this board like house and trance??
My favourite song: Incredible (M-beat feat. General Levy)

All I have to say is Oakey...
Anything Oakey is amazing... he can really take you on a journey... His music is aw-inspiring and just an art the way he does it. Like he knows what you are feeling and reacts to it, or knows what you are craving and just melds beats effortlessly. I have all his albums... but I would have to say his best performances are the bootleg Live mixes from all Around the World... try to get a hold of those... from Havana, Buenos Aires, Sydney, New York, Ibiza, Gatecrasher, and Cream. Happy Listening...
-AgtX
P.S. Sometimes when me and my friends decide to roll at my place... I turn up Oakey and sometimes almost cry of joy... My Girlfriend pointed that out to me...

Trance,trance,trance and mo trance......no roll is complete with out it...
Cosmic Gate -forgot
Embargo -Embargo
Fuck the mille-Dj Skooter
Hysteria -Embargo
Swallow me -forgot
Bump the K -Ketaset(high heels)
Nessasary evil-Ar. Van Helden
------------------
Do You Want A Bump?
Or Should I Do Both?

hey, to take this in a completely new direction.... last time i rolled i sat in my small concrete room, blaaaasted led zeppelin and let it wash over me... when i left after two songs i was practically out of breath.
some of my frieds are into trance, some listen to hiphop only when they roll, and i like it all but listening to that shit was so intense... if you know l'f'z then you know what i'm talking about. i'm sure this sounds lame to some people but damn, i definitely recommend it. louder the better, of course. my ears were ringing when i left...
i can't get it out of my head now! anyone else have an experience like that? it seems like you're expected to listen to techno or something, but sometimes an intense band like that can seem overpowering too.

hey Skywalker,
totally with you....even the occasional Guns and (blush) Roses sounds good on E (I don't believe I just admitted that!!)...or even Smashing Pumpkins..something with attitude behind it doesn't go astray sometimes..
ScoobyDooby: Have you heard the German Trance track "Tomorrow" by Duomonde though? It's on Gatecrasher Wet if you're looking for it and ....my god....what a synth break in the middle...played really loud, it's just one of the biggest "hairs-on-my-neck-butt-and-everywhere-else stood up" tracks I've ever heard!!... please add that one to your collection!...
later

You have to include SPACEGIRL she is the shit the cd is awesome. Also throw on x-dream and the dever.
Luv2luv That songs Tetris 98' is best done on the DJ Irene cd "club series 2" if you have the version that you got off napster its kinda corny and you should try and check out the dj irene version.

I'm totally into psychedelic trance - the layers of sounds, beats and drums are just incredible while rolling. Or when you're sober for that matter.
Check out Astral Projection, Blue Planet Corporation or Hallicinogen - they're great. Also if you're into "regular" trance you should really check out Paul van Dyk - he's my hero!!
------------------
Let yourself be loved. Let love be yourself.
PLUR, Loonie :)

Loonie, I totally agree with you there, Psytrance and GOA is great for any state of mind! but also check out anything by the Pleiadeans (excellent to listen to anytime, and VERY AMAZINGLY good for nitrous!
smile.gif
) Unstable by Slide or Out there (EP) by Solaris (Out there is one of the most relentless psytrance songs i have ever heard...and its not something you can sit still to either!)
If you want something that will, say, fuck your mind a tad more, then try Aphex Twin (didgeridoo, come to daddy and window licker) or Squarepusher (come on my selector and the fat controller) Dont try dance to this stuff unless your really crafty (or you've heard it before) cos it has a tendency to be all over the place and stop/start/buzz for a bit...very trippy indeed!
wow...im giving you all a run down of the music i like to roll to! hehehe anyway...theres more cos i like this idea!
I know alot of people who wont agree with me, but Chemical brothers tracks are pretty much some of the best tracks to listen to while in a chemically altered state, Tracks like Under the influence, setting sun, loops of fury, hey girl hey boy, three little birdies down beats, elektrobank...need i go on? Chemical brothers are great to listen to while fucked up!
hehehehe
smile.gif
ok, im spent...
Andromeda
smile.gif

------------------
***This starship breaks for black holes and temporal disunities.***

i have oakie's new york GU and i like tranceport better...more edgy sound that i like. i have been telling people about the "braveheart theme" for months now and nobody knows what i am talking about. glad somebody else on here does! it's on a CD called "extreme" from europe. it's a double CD and if anybody ever wants to hear some non-stop slammin trance PICK IT UP! anything in the global underground series is a pretty good bet...i have a handful of em but a friends of mine has every one and hasn't complained about one yet! i also have one from europe called "tranclucent" that has some whip ass guitar and trippy sounds in it. it's a kick ass CD. if you hit amazon.com or tower records or something you can be busy for hours looking for some CD's. peace n jiggy!