• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Favorite binge stories/journals of addiction & madness?

Rio Fantastic

Bluelighter
I find the stories of epic binges and tales of addiction and insanity really, really entertaining. To give you an idea of what I mean, here are my favorites.

First and foremost, the king of addiction journals himself, my man ForEverAfter. His "Junk Mail" series is an absolutely gripping tale of epic meth binges, punctuated with his views on society, philosophy, religion, psychology, education & him communicating his occasional descent into psychosis. Absolutely excellent read, and my favorite drug-tale of all time:

Junk Mail: Part 1
Junk Mail: Part 2
Junk Mail: Part 4

Unfortunately, Part 3 was never posted, though there was a recent update where he describes a relatively benign experience, clearly a matured and more settled FEA than the guy who posted these legendary stories.

Here is my runner-up. An insane story of a guy who goes on lengthy MDPV binges and ends up psychotic & deranged every time. His thread asking for help on the comedown from a 1000mg binge turns into him cataloging each binge after he comes down, with each tale seemingly more insane than the last. Definitely worth a read.
Soap MacTavish's insane MDPV experiences

Anyone got any others like this?? All reports/blogs/journals involving drug addiction or insanity/depravity/madness or just plain crazy desperate addiction would be great!

I enjoy them also - when I need a fix I watch Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. I've written some insane short stories that make me cringe when I read them later. You'd love them. Who knows, I'm going through withdrawal since last night and woke up with an ominous feeling like "shit is about to get real"
My short term memory is already going - so - I'll let ya know when the bats show up

I enjoy them also - when I need a fix I watch Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. I've written some insane short stories that make me cringe when I read them later. You'd love them. Who knows, I'm going through withdrawal since last night and woke up with an ominous feeling like "shit is about to get real"
My short term memory is already going - so - I'll let ya know when the bats show up

Haha, sounds great! I am also a huge fan of Fear & Loathing - both the book & the movie are awesome. The Trainspotting trilogy and the original movie are also excellent. Unfortunately, when it comes to drug journals/trip reports, it seems like their is a heavy bias in favor of people reporting psychedelic trips - which don't get me wrong, are entertaining & informative, but I get a real kick out of reading journals detailing real addictions. Ones that truly fit the bill seem to be few and far between, though.

William S Burroughs "Naked Lunch" is worth a mention. The film tho - omg.
Honourable mention shout out to the thread in the book Infinite Jest (I am not being a brag about reading it - I haven't read it, I "perused" it ) but there is a side story of this addict in the book who is waiting for his pot to show up and as he is waiting - He just sits in this chair for hours - watching a bug crawl up and around his entertainment center - he called work in advance to let them know he was going on vacation for 4 days - cleaned the house - washed all his clothes - stocked up on TONS of his favorite junk food - (basically what I do when I feel a real bender coming on) - all the while the guy is recalling his last few benders and moments of clarity here and there and how much he promises himself how this is going to be the LAST one ever... just this one time I get the BEST kick out of reading totally relatable stories like this too.. it's like CANDY

William S Burroughs "Naked Lunch" is worth a mention. The film tho - omg.
Honourable mention shout out to the thread in the book Infinite Jest (I am not being a brag about reading it - I haven't read it, I "perused" it ) but there is a side story of this addict in the book who is waiting for his pot to show up and as he is waiting - He just sits in this chair for hours - watching a bug crawl up and around his entertainment center - he called work in advance to let them know he was going on vacation for 4 days - cleaned the house - washed all his clothes - stocked up on TONS of his favorite junk food - (basically what I do when I feel a real bender coming on) - all the while the guy is recalling his last few benders and moments of clarity here and there and how much he promises himself how this is going to be the LAST one ever... just this one time I get the BEST kick out of reading totally relatable stories like this too.. it's like CANDY

Oh God, yes. DFW's writing is incredible. Infinite Jest is probably my favorite novel of all time.