• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ Favorite Anime's To Watch While Tripping?

I advice Shin'ichiro Watanabe's work (Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Shamploo or Space Dandy for instance), this is a psychedelic and a bit hysteric approach of what is often a violent reality, quality will be there trust

Im not that into animes but there are some good. As mentioned, the studio gibbli Film are great for tripping. Then there’s serial experiments lain and death note. Both my favorite anime. Started Tokyo ghoul lately but wasn’t that impressed.

I advice Shin'ichiro Watanabe's work (Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Shamploo or Space Dandy for instance), this is a psychedelic and a bit hysteric approach of what is often a violent reality, quality will be there trust
I can't believe I forgot Cowboy Bebop ("Toys in the Attic" is my favorite episode with "Mushroom Samba" a close second). Samurai Shamploo, IME, is better as background noise during a trip, rather than something immediately absorbing. I've never enjoyed "Space Dandy.

If I want an immediately absorbing anime, Ghost in the Shell (be it the films, 1st gig or 2nd gig of the series) it's all good. Not exactly light tripping fare but excellent headfuck. I've watched the original "Ghost in the Shell" film more than anything when tripping. If you haven't seen it, do yourself a favor and do so.

I don't know much about Anime (or tripping) but my daughter got a tattoo of the dragon from this film on her leg ❣️🐉❣️

Tokyo ghoul first season was good but the second was way lamer. Now playing mushishi.

M neighbors the yamadas is great, would fit perfectly for coming down from a trip.

I really struggle with movies and music while tripping, I tend to get hyper-empathetic and get kind of upset if there's any violence or negativity. So any recommendations for visually stunning movies with very light themes are appreciated 😅 basically movies for kids probably. Or tripping adults lmao.

Ghibli movies are pretty great, I can see why those are recommended. Some of them are too much for me not-sober, Princess Mononoke was a bit too violent. Spirited Away I found too weird for a trip. Kiki's Delivery Service I seem to remember as being pretty tame.

Castle in the Sky was an amazing movie that absolutely turned my world upside down, it does have some violence though and it's a LOT but man that is one beautiful movie and the ending is unforgettable.

I remember having a very profound experience watching The Garden of Words but literally couldn't tell you a damn thing about it or whether it's any good.

The best about the end of evangelion was the end credits.

Mind Game was awesome when I watched it tripping. The art style is simplistic but also very trippy. Can't go into the plot as I don't know where to begin, but I highly recommend it.

I was on 4-HO-MIPT and decided to chose a random anime movie and found Mind Game on either Crunchyroll or Funimation and I don't think I could have made a better choice for that particular trip