• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ Favorite Anime's To Watch While Tripping?

Aeon Psyche

Bluelighter
Hey, I was wondering if any of you are also into anime and what anime's you could recommend to watch while tripping? I'm currently watching "Absolute Duo". "11Eyes" was quite amazing too.

I'm more into stuff like "A channel" and "5 seconds per centimeter" was a great movie too. It'll take me a while to download all my favourites from the list but quite worth it. : )

Don't drive people crazy. LOL

Mushishi is good while coming down from a trip.
Not too hard too follow and each episode is a self contained story.

Not too hard too follow just some nice stories about the human experience

Really like how each episode has a different ed song

1d4754e46a714f733461f1ea03ee4bce.jpg

There’s always the classic Studio Gibli flicks. Much less creepy on average lol. Naussica of the Valley of the Wind is a personal favorite. Other Ghibli fans have their own faves it’s down to preference. Castle in the Sky and Princess Mononoke are a trip too. Howl’s Moving Castle was good but having read the book I don’t enjoy Miyazaki’s translation as well.

There’s always the classic Studio Gibli flicks
I was going to suggest that, they are peaceful, colourful films, then I remembered a time I watched Arietti on mushrooms. I started thinking about how much better off the world would be if humans were that tiny :unsure:

Can't remember exactly where that train of thought went, but shit got real and I had to turn the movie off and go for a walk.

I was going to suggest that, they are peaceful, colourful films, then I remembered a time I watched Arietti on mushrooms. I started thinking about how much better off the world would be if humans were that tiny :unsure:

Can't remember exactly where that train of thought went, but shit got real and I had to turn the movie off and go for a walk.
All of them gave me nightmares as a child aside from My Neighbor Totoro and Kiki's Delivery Service. Those are uber kid friendly. Oh and Ponyo, though that one was a bit... odd.

I've seen some topical ones, but the names are hard to recall.

On the topic of Studio Ghibli though, Neighbor Totoro is as innocent as they come. Just can't go wrong with it, the whole story is childishly cutesy, you could probably curb a bad trip with it
. CG beat me to it, ha.

Also, Grave of the Fireflies. The war theme doesn't work on psychedelics, but watching it on empathogens would be intense. This one's not about the eye candy, just the sheer depth of the story of a boy trying to take care of his little sister after the fall of the big bomb. Getting hit in the feels merely remembering it..

Oh oh! Almost forgot; Millennium Actress, it's on Prime right now if you have that. Not very upsetting, kid friendly but great plot.

Also Perfect Blue, same director; albeit, there's nudity, blood, gore... it's more of a psychological thriller set in animation rather than live acting.

This may not exactly fit the animé genre, but The Animatrix. For anyone who hasn't seen it, it's a film comprised of a series of animated shorts, each offering some background to the story The Matrix.

Each story is unique and animated in a different style.

There is one story that stands out for me, about a 'haunted' house where physics, gravity are corrupted by a glitch in the matrix. It is one of the most real depictions of a dream that I have ever seen emulated into film.

Oh yeah, I wanted to see the animatrix ever since I heard the soundtrack but somehow never got to it yet.

Depending on if you can handle dark/depressing themes while tripping;
Madoka Magica

The art style dives into some extremely abstract styles at times and would be wild to experience in the phych space.

But again; it gets dark.
Don't say I didn't warn you

I consider, you should watch Jujutsu Kaisen. It's a hackneyed plot for an anime. But thanks to the very intense action, it has taken on new colors. First, we can see the complex structure of the mage world, which exists in parallel to the ordinary everyday world. Plus, each episode holds a lot of suspense, the series is full of references and clues to the future. In addition to the twisting plot twists and charismatic characters, the animation is another asset—especially the fight scenes, which the viewer sees practically in every episode. In general, the plot is very action-packed so that the tension does not diminish for a minute. I watched this series on https://mrkissanime.com/ for free and without registration.

Last edited:
For a series, Neon Genesis Evangeleon or Serial Experiments Lain but not if you're afraid of mind fuck while you're tripping.

As for just a movie to watch while tripping, Vampire Hunter D!!!! Amazing film.

Last edited:
Evangelion is a trip though!
I'd recommend this anthology called Neo Tokyo (1987)
and Mamoru Oshii's Angel's Egg (1985) (imo more reminiscent of a k-hole than anything!)

Belladonna of Sadness (1973) is also very psyched out but probably a little too disturbing for someone who's tripping.

Evangelion is a trip though!
I'd recommend this anthology called Neo Tokyo (1987)
and Mamoru Oshii's Angel's Egg (1985) (imo more reminiscent of a k-hole than anything!)

Belladonna of Sadness (1973) is also very psyched out but probably a little too disturbing for someone who's tripping.
Belladonna was one of the first that came to mind when I saw this but yeah definitely not for casual-light-happy-tripping.
Paprika is another incredible feast for the eyes and mind, but gets into some dark territory too.
For full anime, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya is definitely a treat but beware of getting caught in a loop