• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

FAU football coach forced to resign after attending event where cannabis was used

Bluelight Crew
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9903116/carl-pelini-resigns-florida-atlantic-coach

Florida Atlantic coach Carl Pelini and defensive coordinator Pete Rekstis resigned Wednesday.

A source said the coaches attended a recent social event at which marijuana was used. Although this appears to be an isolated incident, all involved determined it was in the best interest of the program that the coaches resign, the source said.

Athletic director Pat Chun said Pelini and Rekstis tendered their resignations after he confronted both coaches with reports relating to their use of illegal drugs.

[+] EnlargeCarl Pelini
Steve Mitchell/USA TODAY SportsCarl Pelini had a 5-15 record in less than two seasons after replacing Howard Schnellenberger as coach at Florida Atlantic. The Owls are 2-6 this season.

"On Monday, I was made aware of these concerns and I immediately reported the allegations to our General Counsel," Chun said at a news conference. "The University acted quickly and decisively to follow up and take action that is in the best interests of our student-athletes and the University overall. I can assure you that we have no information that suggests anyone other than these two individuals engaged in these activities.

"I am personally very saddened for our student-athletes, coaches and staff. I just met with the players a few moments ago and notified them of the news. As you could imagine, the reaction was shock, dismay and disbelief."

Chun released a statement on Pelini's behalf.

"I apologize for exercising poor judgment," Pelini's statement read. "My greatest concerns at this time are for my family, the dedicated FAU players and my staff. I am confident that Pat Chun and the University administration will continue to move the program forward."'

cont. http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9903116/carl-pelini-resigns-florida-atlantic-coach

What in the fuck, seriously? Having to resign cause you happened to be somewhere that some people were smoking some weed, talk about being fucking uptight! I would have a hard time finding a social event to attend where some cannabis wouldn't be consumed by anyone at all...

The people that are so called leaders in this world need to put topical muscle relaxants on their assholes...

Athletic director Pat Chun said Pelini and Rekstis tendered their resignations after he confronted both coaches with reports relating to their use of illegal drugs.

Doesn't sound like they simply were present at a party where people were smoking weed....
Sounds like they partook of the evil herb themselves.

Anyone who uses flowers that the government deems unacceptable deserves no less than death, imo. :|

Ya caint spell devil without evil. Wun look at them Polini Bros (Sonds like a jewish sandwich anywho), and you could tell thems sum bad peeps. Imma go have a few more swigs and then afer takin' the turk and son, er gun, to wally-world.

WPTV.com published court documents given to them by the school, and in those documents a special teams coach alleges that he witnessed Pelini smoking marijuana in Key West on Oct. 19.

The same coach also claims to have seen Pelini and Rekstis use marijuana and cocaine within the last year.

That coach will possibly never work in football again, now that he's been identified as a snitch.

Not that a special teams coach at FAU could reasonably have been expected to turn into Nick Saban...