• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Fatigue on activating AD's??

JohnBoy2000

Bluelighter
Activating meaning - noradrenergic AD's, mmkay?

Apparently, saturation of the NA receptors occur, and where the drug would normally be activating, it can induce lethargy.

Does this vary from one drug to the next.

If it occurs with an NRI - is it possible to use an alternate mechanism of NE enhancement and have it NOT happen - like alpha2 adrenergic blockade??

Tenex very weakly increases norepinephrine via alpha 2 adrenic agonism it makes some people tired.

Yeah and I don't necessarily think we can narrow down the effects of NRI in humans down to effects on NE because of the effects that NRI has on dopamine in the PFC, not to mention that NE can bind to dopamine receptors a bit

NRI also has effects on serotonin cell firing and serotonin receptor response. Maybe those effects start to kick in at some point when the dosage gets high enough, and you start to get SSRI like effects (wherein you got fatigue previously on SSRIs)

Do you mean like, trazodone/seroquel? I've known someone to have to take nightly doses dunno how much seroquel (enough to knock him out when taking a half pill). This person would also smoke methamphetamine literally all day at regular intervals, and seemingly just seemed to give him a slight motivational boost. So I think there is some great related activity between that adrenergic blocking effect and dopamine receptor blocking + highly adrenergic/dopamine releasing substance), however this does not seem to be something that is substantial.

Personally, I've taken 100mg trazodone for sleep for a few days at one time (got from a friends script), I'd say they just simply make you extremely drowsy to the point of knocking you out but the sleep only lasts 3-4 hours, and not only that but they are hectic to come off of if solely used for their fatigue-inducing effects. Not necessarily a good thing.

I think both trazadone and guanfacine increase ne in the pfc via atleast partially alpha adrenjc agonism and antagonism