• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Fastest Growing Strain Discussion

oreocub

Bluelighter
So, what's the fastest growing strain of cannabis you know of?
It can be any type, indicia sativa, ruderalis, or a hyrbid.

The fastest growing strains I've heard about are the low-flyer strains that can flower in six weeks, but usually have a low THC, around 10 percent.

Also any of the slowest strains can be discussed.

The general order from fastest to slowest is...

Any autoflowering varieties (ruderalis)
Indica
Hybrid
Sativas

While that's a good rule of thumb, it's often not the case - there are plenty of indica strains with longer flowering times, and some sativas with short ones.

There's also the question of what OP means by fastest growing: does this mean a strain with a short flowering time, or a strain that literally grows fast (IE shows physical growth in less time than other strains). Or maybe both?

While that's a good rule of thumb, it's often not the case - there are plenty of indica strains with longer flowering times, and some sativas with short ones.

There's also the question of what OP means by fastest growing: does this mean a strain with a short flowering time, or a strain that literally grows fast (IE shows physical growth in less time than other strains). Or maybe both?

This. Fastest growing can mean a lot of things, and there are many different approaches to veg/flowering. Also, when OP says "fastest growing" is that taking into consideration yield/time? If two strains both flower in 8 weeks, but one gives you twice as much as the other, did the other one grow "faster"?

Really, sounds like OP should look for high yielding strains with the shortest flowering time to me. I've heard green crack is one of those, but people have varied results.

I'm defining "fastest growing," by reaching a moderate yield in the shortest flowering time possible. The low flyer I mentioned takes a total of 6 weeks irc to yield buds.

If flower time is your biggest concern then it might be worth it for you to look at autoflowering strains/seeds. I've heard people harvesting 7-9 weeks after germination, which is almost twice as fast as the average/normal seed. Besides autflower, most strains I've heard of are 6-12 weeks flower time alone, and somewhere around 8-10 weeks of flower seems to be the most common. I've heard of people pulling 8 week strains at week 6. If the growing process goes really well then your flower should be ready much sooner than if you are having issues like nutrient deficiencies.