• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

FAST REPLIES PLZ - help needed ASAP - Getting a stale cake moist again?

Khadijah

Bluelight Crew
Hey , sorry for blowin up this forum with my questions the past few days , i made my moms a cake becuz its her birthday but i left it out over night and didnt think to wrap it up, now i am worried the cake will be too dry, is there any way to get some moisture back in it?

the cake is less than 24 hrs old i made it like 10 o clock last night so it wouldnt be too bad but i want it to be delicious for her not just kind of good. I want this cake to be BANGIN lol. So does anybody got a quick solution for me, we would be eatin it in a few hours , it is 3 30 pm now prolly around 7 or 8 we will have the cake . its a suprise for her so i just want to make it real nice.

I aint got a microwave or nothin, would it work to maybe put it in the oven on low heat with a pan of water wrapped up in til foil to trap the moisture inside or somethin? IDK, any ideas I know there is some cooking-knowledgeable peeps in here so give me your best ideas, I dont really kno about all that stuff so any FAST replies would be great? Thanks peeps....Sorry for the rush i been lookin on google and shit but all i can find is how to fix stale bread which aint gonna work for cake cuz from the reading i did bread and cake get stale for different reasons. Well, shit ill stop talkin, ready aim fire at me with your best ideas plz! :)

sounds like you have the right idea with the pan of water lacey. that's what i would try first, at least. i know it works similarly in a microwave with wet paper towels, so...

just make sure the cake is going to get the moisture somehow and not continue to cook the cake.

I bet you're the kind of person who chucks milk out on the day the best before runs out or if its been left out of the fridge for an hour or so.

Honestly, it won't go stale overnight. It'll only be dry if you can't make a decent sponge in the first place.

Cake can go stale overnight. I've done it so many times I can't even count. I'll have a late night snack, forget to cover it, return to it in the morning, and it's dry as crackers. :\

Never happened to me, and I've left several cakes out at once before, back when I was a baker

Maybe it depends on the contents that the cake was made from? I dunno. Any cake or anything similar that I've left out uncovered was dry the next morning.

May get a lil bit dry around the edges, but that's it.

Also, I bet you both don't have the same cold damp weather that we have in the UK

I bet you're the kind of person who chucks milk out on the day the best before runs out or if its been left out of the fridge for an hour or so.

Honestly, it won't go stale overnight. It'll only be dry if you can't make a decent sponge in the first place.

Edde9, the cake IS stale. it aint that im worried about IF it happens. It DID happen. You realy got some strong feelings about this huh. and nah, i never thrown out milk in my life. especially not over some stupid ass fuckin date on it. Who the fuck has milk in their fridge long enough for it to go bad anyways? Also - GASP - i keep my butter on the counter, i dont refrigerate it. i keep bread when it gets mold on it and cut the bad parts off. i eat food that is left out overnight and didnt get refrigerated, and i dont give a fuck about any of that crap so you are pretty far from the truth with your assumption there.:p

I can definately bake a decent "sponge" (wat ever the fuck that is i am guessing its some kind of retarded dingo-speak for "cake") but it was moist last night and now it is stale. thats wat happens when you leave shit out. now do you wana continute shit talkin my cake bakin abilities or hep with the question lol.:D

Put several pieces of bread in a container with the cake. The bread will absorb all the whatever the heck and the cake will become moist again. I've done this with rock hard cookies and they were real soft not too soon after. The down side is that the bread will be rock hard once the cake is fine again.

it's probably too late to respond at this point, but i'd say if it's definitely stale just bake another one. it only takes what...40 minutes tops? and costs less than $2.00

yea vibby, i didnt have 40 minutes. my moms was home all day and i couldnt distract her! i had made the cake the night before at my BFs house so i could suprise her lol. but it ended up workin all out. i just cut off the stale edges and the inside was OK. it was bangin. Thanks for the advice everybody. This thread will now self destruct. lol not really.

^ i totally forgot about that. my grandmum used to do that. :)
mine too! people always look at me weird when i suggest this, but i always have a few pieces of bread in my home baked cookie jar, it is incredible, great tip to remember.

Out of date but I would have just made some nice icing/frosting to go on it - maybe coffee-cream cheese or else something that went with the flavour of the cake.