• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

fast and slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

elleandre

Greenlighter
what drug is being referred to from the slang "fast and slow"? I know fast is speed, I fear slow is heroin...

In Melbourne Australia Fast is term that older drug users use to describe the powdered amphetamine drug also know as Speed. I might be wrong as i don't go to electronic dance music night clubs anymore but People under 35 don't call Meth fast, young people say Ice, Slush, Shard or Puff. Slow is always used to describe heroin.

The terms Fast and Slow are more commonly used by Aussie drug users who were around using in the 80's and 90's.

Or "uptown"/"downtown" ;)

Never heard those ones spacejunk, but thinking about those terms now they make sense.

It's quite interesting the different terms between drug users in different countries around the English speaking world. For example only North Americans say they are going to Roll when they are using pills which are predominately made of MDMA but both UK and Aussie pill users say drop a pill. I've never heard North Americans UK or euro's call ecstasy pills pingers or eccies the way Aussie's do and on another note in Australian hard core drug using circles the term "the bitch" refers to Heroin but across the pacific Americans call Crack or Cocaine "the bitch"

This is news to me, I have always called cocaine either powder, girl, soft, or paint... crack is hard, chips, lays, or sometimes work some call it, myself included.. its a reference to cash money and the hot boys/big tymers.. I believe they started that slang term for crack, calling it work, because it is their form of "working", so they say I got that work a lot in the old cash money albums.. which I love btw. Heroin is boy, brown, H, and tons of others... i usually just say "boy", or said that when i still did it.. But never heard of slow/fast being a slang term for them.. huh.

heroin is normally called 'B' aka bobbie/brown in London (i live in south london), anyone who refers to heroin as anything other than B is immediately met with suspicion. crack cocaine is often referred to as 'lite' or 'solid'.

^Funny how each part of the world refers to drugs with completely different slang terms.. And well you obviously cant call up your connect and say, "hey I need some heroin!" lol, or "i need some crack, or better yet crack cocaine!" hahhaha.... I actually had this one friend who did that one day, he called a connect I introduced him to and asked for crack!!! the dude hung up on him and said, "bro is you da police or somthin? I aint fuckin wit you no mo!" lol, dumbass. he had to go thru me from then on..

Lol, great thread! Here in Ireland heroin is known as gear, and cocaine is known as snow or blow!

OP, you really need to consult the forum guidelines before you post again. We're trying to keep this sort of material out of Basic Drug Discussion, as well as the other Harm Reductioin forums. Determining the meaning of drug slang doesn't relate to Harm Reduction. If you are asking because you have "fast and slow" at your disposal, don't know what they are and are wondering what to do, harm reduction would state that you should not ever consume blatantly anonymous substances.

Status
Not open for further replies.