• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

fasoracetam for gabapentin wd???

Just to be clear your God forsaken doctors haven't done any nerve conduction studies?

So I'm going to just suggest some possible explanations for the various locations and I'd like you to look them up (Wikipedia is good but there are a great many sources) and consider them carefully and tell me what you think. Bottom of feet as in possible planar fasciitis? Some of your back symptoms sound akin to a lumbar herniation with sciatica and inflammation can spread to the various nerves from the herniated disk (the fluid inside the disk is highly inflammatory). Piriformis for the gluteal symptoms? Could certainly try a stretch for the piriformis.

Back of hands/forearms - tell me more about this, is this consistent with pronator teres syndrome? (Often missed)

Top of shoulders and into the head sounds like accessory nerve involvement.

What's really weird is that I've had issues with all of these locations (our shoulder/head symptoms are eerily similar) except for the planar fasciitis type stuff. My theory, take it or leave it, is that the stimulation of the 5HT2B receptor by psychedelics leads to fibrosis (this is established, but probably mostly in genetically vulnerable individuals or people who have done a lot of physical activity) and this results in compression of the nerve by scar tissue and fascia in vulnerable locations - I think it's possible that we have some of these locations in common because the vulnerability of the locations to compression with scar tissue. So essentially it's an explanation for systemic symptoms but without having to involve something like CIDP. You have such a weird distribution I personally would wager this thankfully isn't something systemic and lethal. But that is just my opinion and you should seek the advice of a real medical professional blah blah blah.

Can you tell me about any postures (even sitting) or activities that make these worse? Anything that seems to help? Have you ever had any spinal MRIs to check for degenerative disk disease? Cranial nerves are kind of weird and snake through the darnedest locations. Nerves in general actually snake through the darnedest locations.

Hope you feel better.

No activity seems to help or hinder.

Look how much is involved in ferreting this shit out? Forget it. I'll accept my fate and excuse myself when the pain becomes more than I want to handle. I'm old and somethings going to get me anyway. Better sooner than later really. I'm pretty sick of life to be honest. I want a young body and mind or nothing. So it will be nothing as that is the fate of all life. Were it not for that instinctual fear of impermanence I'd be gone by now. I'm waiting for my perfect storm. Thanks for your help and concern. Take care.

I'm sorry cosmic, my heart goes out to you :( if you ever need anything feel free to pm me. I hope you can find some drugs to get you some level of quality of life. Take care of yourself <3

Thanks. I appreciate your concern. I don't think there is a drug for what I want. ;) Dust to dust is the way of all things so I'll try not to complain too much. I've had a life of sorts and it's got to end. I was hoping for one of those quick painless in your sleep deaths. It's the lingering in pain that's the hard part. Not being dead. Frankly I'd have rather had some quick acting cancer.

cosmic trigger why not just solely let go on fasoracetam see how it goes and report this. i mean, its harsh to say this but, seriously benzo withdrawls are serious shit and someone has to try new methods risking their pain for that matter to help others find resolutions. this fasoracetam thing has been mentioned quite a few times relating this type of situation with no risks, so you are in good position to go for it? or, if you want and have good quality reliable fasoracetam, i can go for it. i just never trust those crappy fucking powder sources!

I will do just that. I just had surgery on my right hand so I'm waiting for that to improve before adding any more pain to the pain train. I have planned to give that a go. So at some point in the near future I'll report on that if I'm still among the living which is pretty likely right now. My perfect storm seems to want to hang offshore for the time being. But even if I'm successful that doesn't mean the fasco was the cause. A few lucky folk seem to have a easy time getting off gabapentin. Maybe I'm one considering I had no wds from the Phenibut. Even with the gaba I was expecting some light wds considering the amounts I was taking. But maybe the fact of such a long slow taper was key.

I think depakote is something to consider for both mood and physical symptoms, but everyone is unique. I mention it in particular because it is very cheap, also it is not a drug most people want to be on long term (like a decade) but I think it could improve your quality of life for the time being and if you don't react well it's not like you have to keep taking it. It can increase GABA and normalize excess neuronal activity (in the brain as well as periphery) through its main mechanism of action.

i have some depersonalization issues since i did a bit too much alc and some benzos. fucking hell i remember what that is like now! i wonder now if i should go for the fasoracetam regardless if you know it works or not. cosmic trigger tell me where you got it from but please in PM its wrong here!

I think depakote is something to consider for both mood and physical symptoms, but everyone is unique. I mention it in particular because it is very cheap, also it is not a drug most people want to be on long term (like a decade) but I think it could improve your quality of life for the time being and if you don't react well it's not like you have to keep taking it. It can increase GABA and normalize excess neuronal activity (in the brain as well as periphery) through its main mechanism of action.

Thank you for that info. I'll check that out.

Why are you recommending this again? All I could find is studies where they are seeing if it might CAUSE Neuropathy and nothing about nerve pain relief??

Last edited:
I think there is some concern of it harming neurons at some level and this affecting cognitive development concerning giving this drug to young kids (with epilepsy) and also they might be testing to see how it bodes with pregnant mothers with epilepsy. Generally it is protective of neurons though from what I've heard.

It belongs to a group of drugs called sodium channel antagonists and the other more pure sodium channel antagonists have shown efficacy for neuropathic pain, but I do recall Valproate (depakote) showing efficacy for neuropathic pain and Trigeminal neuralgia as well. It will also boost GABA synthesis and this will probably help increase quality of life too. Upregulation of sodium channel is implicated in neuropathic pain.

I think the main concern is probably lowering testosterone and bone mineral density issues, so for those reasons I pass on depakote personally.

Boy I did a general search and found nothing like that. Could you give me a link and then I can print something off to take in an discuss with my doctor next month. I would greatly appreciate it.

Sure thing I'll find some stuff for you in a couple days probably sorry I'm busy at the moment