• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

Farewell Redleader

Still missing ya, Mr. L...

<edited out potential for doxxing - SMod>

Today, I'm gonna I'm gonna attempt some form of communion with you via Tarot cards...

And yes yes I know how stupid and irrational you would say Tarot cards are, and you and Carl Sagan are probably facepalming and trying to piss down on me from He-...from "wherever you are". So my apologies if you consider such a childish superstitious practice an insult to your good name Mr L--or whoever you are, but oh well, tough shit, you shouldn't have OD'ed...

Let this be a message to all of Bluelight:
DO NOT OD! Otherwise one of your dipshit buddies will give you a Tarot reading against your will!

So, first things first, let's draw the first card, the one that represents you:
The Knight of Swords...looks like some kind of soldier in the Swiss guard carrying a sword. What do the Swiss call a sword? A lance? <doxxing - SMod> Eh, doesn't matter, ol' buddy, we shouldn't overthink this, sometimes the exact meaning of the cards aren't immediately obvious...

Ok, second card, an "obstacle"...what do we got here...10 of Swords...hmmm....looks like a dude lying dead, as if he were jabbed with a bunch of... IDK, you were never a "needle junky", that was always more my thing, but I think the symbolism is clear, here...

Next card, dealt below, symbolizes your "drive"...so what do we have...6 of Wands...here, I see one mere man--a little guy--trying to overcome some sort of mob that was attacking him. Now, if these cards were "real" and not just some childish superstition, we might think of a little guy trying to overcompensate by taking steroids and getting all crazy jacked. Ofc, you wouldn't know anything at all about that, would you, ol' buddy?

Next card... ugh oh, this don't look so good...on Top of you, the Hanged Man...I see your lifeless body helplessly on display...But, hey, no worries...we both know that the point of spending hours and hours at the gym and living on egg whites and cauliflower isn't to impress **women** now, is it? Believe me, I know, and you're a natural bottom just like me. Unfortunately, our counterparts, the "tops", are something of a mixed bag. Sure, some of them are OK, but a huge chunk of them are basically "straight" guys who were sexually stunted due to some kind of chilling perversion...

...which brings us to our next card...dum dum dum...Death. Now, I think I see clearly what's going on here...Damn it, I wish **I** could've been your first...But...two natural bottoms, I'm not sure how it would've gone down...Maybe like two lesbians? That might be OK, <edited out inappropriate comments - SMod> But, on a brighter note, not gonna lie, I've had worse, myself...

And, it's important to always let readings end on a positive note, so here goes:

Whatever you do, Bluelight, DO NOT OD... <edited - SMod>

Blessings to all!

Last edited by a moderator:
This was sad, I thought he'd recovered from the depths but maybe not. RIP dude.

Your love of travelling was very relatable. You always were capable of teaching lessons, even in your death. I really don't blame you, btw.

I really liked Redleader. We both went over to Grindfactor, when that was a thing. It was just a small group of us so I got to know him fairly well <edited out unnecessary and inappropriate comment - SMod>

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn... I remember him modding TDS for ages. He helped so many people. Untold lives influenced in a positive way. Just on the internet. I bet he had just as many in the real world. I'm sorry to hear we lost another bl legend

I hope this isn't inappropriate because I really liked Redleader. We both went over to Grindfactor, when that was a thing. It was just a small group of us so I got to know him fairly well but anyways.... Here goes.

It would really suck to rent out your house on airbnb and have somebody die in it. It's probably not their first thought. Most renters would be more worried about damage but it would really creep me out if a stranger died in my home.
True, but people die in any and all sorts of places. Sucks that the human experience is like that, but, alas, it appears there's no way out of this predicament until we've made our final departure

Redleader - You were one of the good ones friend.

Aw shit, this sucks ! That man had the sexiest body on BL. Hope your spirit body is exceedingly stacked.

he had an awsome user name that is for sure. i never got to know him personally but he was an institution as TDS modderator. Thank you jeff for the untold hours you gave to the site and its users. rest easy

Damn. Was obviously an intelligent, educated individual. Loved talking about the gym. He wrote some great posts about his time Baltimore - those may have been on another site. 2015 feels so f'ing long ago...

I didn't know him well, but I know he did a lot of good things for this site. I hope that you're at peace, RedLeader.

Damn it, RL, it's been months now, when are you gonna call off this hoax and reply to my texts?? Regardless, let's assume for shits and giggles you really are dead. Here's my plan: I'm going to have you "reincarnated" as a chat bot by feeding your writing to ChatGPT and asking it to mimic your style. In case you're wondering why I'm not using a more sophisticated AI for such a monumental task, a nagging hypothesis of mine is that I actually died of an overdose, myself, and now I only exist as a simulation because someone had me analyzed by AI (and of all the people I know, you'd be the one most likely to pull such a shenanigan). So please consider my selection of ChatGPT as a friendly "fuck you" from the bottom of my heart, and as a means of saving computational resources of an embedded "simulation within a simulation" system