Fantasia 2000?

Alpha1_7

Bluelighter
has anyone here see fantasia 2000, either sober or while tripping/rolling? My friends and I want to, but we haven't really had a chance yet.

I went and saw fantasia 2000 sober, while my friend was rolling. I enjoyed the show (the Imax was really impressive) and had a pretty good time, especially since Justin was rolling and I always have fun around rolled people.
He dropped 2 white ghosts, and was rolling during the show, and even though they are pretty speedy pills he still managed to sit still through the whole thing. I think he enjoyed it and was glad he went, and he really started rolling face a little after we left. NEwayz, I recommend seeing it, one way or the other.

I saw a sneak preview of it back in December, and it's a great movie! Of course, I am totally biased, as I love Disney films...I saw it sober, as it was during the middle of the week when I went to see it, but it was wonderful just the same.
The animation styles are all different, not like the first one, where they are all similar to each other. The New York number is great. Lots of action going on. The Sprite and the Thunderbird number are very fluid. The Sprite, which represents Spring, is modeled after the Japanese anime, and she's a sea foam green color with wide brown eyes. My favorite was the Humpback Whales and the iceburgs. Lots of good stuff there...
Fantasia was originally supposed to be updated with new musical numbers and new shorts when it was released, I believe 60 years ago. Unfortunately, it bombed at the box office when it was released as nobody 'got it.' Some of the scenes that are shown in the new movie are sketches done by artists that contributed to future Fantasia movies, but were never done. Picasso for example, contributed a set of sketches for a scene, but since another one was never made until now, all there are is sketches...
It had a resurgence (sp??) in the late 60's and early 70's with all the hippies and acid heads. Lots of vibrant colors, no plot, orchestra music and silly things. The acid the animators were on was probably much better than the stuff going around in the 60's. Come on, marching brooksticks carrying buckets of water?? Dancing hippos in tutu's??
Personally, I have seen it dozens of times, sober and messed up. My favorite scene in the original is in the dancing scene with the elephants and the alligators and hippos. One of the elephants is blowing a bubble and there is a goldfish in the bubble. It pops, and the elephant and the goldfish just have this 'look' on their face. "Surprise, bewilderment, did you see what I saw" kind of look... I was candy flipping one time and saw 'the look' and was hysterical. I couldn't stop laughing...
Anyway, enough babbling. Iwould reccommend seeing it sober, just to soak it in. Then see it messed up. Let me know how things went!
------------------
PLUR always,
TABOOMA :p
"Private opinion creates public opinion ... . That is why private opinion, and private behavior, and private conversation are so terrifyingly important." -- British poet Jan Struther (1901-53)

Hey, Yo. I saw Fantasia 2000. It was excellent, especially after the super potent brownies I made.Its wellw orth seeing, I'm not sure I'd eat a pill though. BTW, mt sober friends enjoyed it too.

i wanted to see it on Acid - but due to event that happend lately I will go sober !! hey it's a classic any state of mind
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

------------------
SpecialK - If you thought thats a hole wait till you see my flat :)

i'm going to see it next week tripping with some of my bestest friends - i can't wait!!!
------------------
~the aim of life is to live, and to live means to be aware, joyously, drunkenly, serenely, divinely aware~
*henry miller*

I saw the show sober, and as a musician and artist, I think it was exceptional... The cinematography was perfect, and the music went very well with the drawings and images... Plus the stories all ended happily...
------------------
"Oh God, do not remain quiet; Do not be silent and, Oh God do not be still. For, behold, Thine enemies make an uproar..." Psalm 83:1-2.

I went to see Fantasia 2000 while shrooming last weekend. We all dressed up in wack clothing. Some of us shroomed and the others waited until we got to the theater and then did g. I was off baseline before we arrived and started tripping hard about ten minutes before the show started. Anyway, when the movie got underway, I was able to follow it with no problems, even though I was tripping. I was utterly entranced by the whole experience. I highly recommend it, even if you have to go sober. Oh yeah, the walk back to the car was hilarious. The world was all liquid and it felt like my feet were sinking into the pavement with each step. There was a light rain, which seemed otherwordly and ethereal. My trip came to an abrupt halt, though, when I saw a huge car crash. I snapped back to sobriety like a switch had been flipped. I was overjoyed when I got to the car and found the driver was largely unhurt, despite his car being totalled. A wack end to a wack trip.
[This message has been edited by Scoby (edited 26 January 2000).]