Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I've written quite a bit!

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Fanfiction? Isn't that a pokemon?

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters

New

Bluelight Crew
Who here reads fanfiction? In my hiatus from Words, it was often the glue that kept me sane. It let me escape from reality using my favorite characters. In time, I even began to write it.

So, thoughts on fanfiction?

rkhegkjdfhglkjdnfgkjenrgjklng. I've written five or six, and read my body weight's worth or more. I've acted as a beta for others. it crushed me when flagfic stopped working for ff.net because i would download the epub and read them on my iPad at night. this one apparently supports ff.net, but i miss flag desperately.

I don't even know what it is..
Im not a fan of this fiction that you got mod and i didn't though :p

Guess ill become a BL Ambassador outta the desperate want of a title change.

BTW: can we have a Social thread in here?

I don't even know what it is..
Im not a fan of this fiction that you got mod and i didn't though :p

Guess ill become a BL Ambassador outta the desperate want of a title change.

BTW: can we have a Social thread in here?

Dictionary.com said:
a fictional account written by a fan of a show, movie, book, or video game to explore themes and ideas that will not or cannot be explored via the originating medium; also written fan fiction, also called fanfic

And yes, I suppose we can have a social thread in here.

rkhegkjdfhglkjdnfgkjenrgjklng. I've written five or six, and read my body weight's worth or more. I've acted as a beta for others. it crushed me when flagfic stopped working for ff.net because i would download the epub and read them on my iPad at night. this one apparently supports ff.net, but i miss flag desperately.

I haven't really had to deal with ff.net due to all my fanfiction being My Little Pony. What fanfiction do you write?

Harry Potter and occasionally read fix it fics for Game of Thrones. Once I waded into a Game of Thrones au Girl with the Dragon Tattoo with Brienne of Tarth as Lisbeth Salander and Jaime Lannister as Mikael. Crazy. Lost an afternoon on that one.

That...sounds insane. What genre of fic do you usually write?

I like adventures and mysteries. I'm not into it for the romance, you know, who cares? I'm really attached to a couple characters who didn't get enough play in the books and definitely not the movies. Maybe who weren't even mentioned for more than a couple sentences. You?

I usually write comedy. Anything else I write either blows or turns int comedy, so I end up having to change the tags anyway. I really like the main cast, but I'm really in it to prove that Angel Bunny is an unrepentant bastard.

I have been writing a Legion of Superheroes fanfic for a couple of years (I don't expect anyone to know who they are hahaha)....there are a couple other peeps who do their own on a comic nerd forum I'm on that I follow too, and one guy who I wish would write more because he's really good! But in general tbh it's very hard to find good fan fiction in my experience..

I've built networks over the past year through various social media and thru my beta, who i worked with at a bakery for 2 months before the conversation happened and it changed our lives forever. we text each other about what we're reading, and there are a few tumblrs i trust for recommendations. i also subscribe to the hpfanfic subreddit and some of those recs are pretty good. but i usually pick a story, text my beta about it, see if she's read it, if so, take her word, if not, report back on the worthiness of it. we've expanded past our usual OTP to some other fics, mainly Maurader Era, and Slytherin centric fics. sometimes our text messages look like airport codes. does all fic use the same tag language? AU, PWP, etc?

hmm. apparently the largest communities of fanfic are x files and star trek. get it kids.

I would just like to say, though I don't read it, I support fanfiction because it encourages the reader to explore the writer we all have inside us. I write fiction (probably poorly) and get a great amount of enjoyment out of it. Reading and writing are my only two non-harmful enjoyments. :D

my chemical romance guy wrote a spiderman x evangelion cross over au fan fiction which is now being published by marvel.

fan fiction gets it done. i mean 50 shades of grey is a twilight fan fiction, and some draco x hermione harry potter fanfic was released as a movie last year.

What? Just...what?

That is goddamned insane. How do you even Spidey/Evangelion?

What? Just...what?

That is goddamned insane. How do you even Spidey/Evangelion?

I dunno about the original source material but he's introducing it to Marvel now like Kenickie said.....dude is apparently actually really good at comics, I haven't read Umbrella Academy but people love it :)

I've read LOADS and LOADS and LOADS of fics.

//cough mostly Hetalia fics

I'm obsessed.

i just found out one of my favorite fic writers lives here in Atlanta. I want to meet her but not?