• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

False positive urine screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bella0nectar

Greenlighter
Hi, I hope this was the place to post this, but I am in a methadone program and have been for over 3 years now. I've done well enough that now I just received clearance to carry take home meds for 2 weeks. The only issue is that I came up positive for methamphetamine and I have never in my life used meth and told my nurse that. She believes me and has been my nurse since I first got there. I have always made it a point to tell her when i felt a test would be positive because i had used adderall in the past once or twice and made that point of honesty abundantly clear too.

My clean screens have been ongoing for over a year and also definitely help me in this case and I was afraid of my carries being taken away because believe me, it was not easy working up to that privilege as it only happens every 3 months at this place and they don't screw around. you come up for alcohol or weed and you're screwed and start over, so with this in mind especially, I have worked to be good and stay on top of this. Now I took one of those quick tests where theres a chart at the bottom of the bottle that reads a green color for urine analysis and it came up pos for meth. I told my nurse I took some generic acid reducer the day before and was told they were going to put a rush on the urine to the lab. Now my question is, if ranitidine gave me a false positive on the quick test, will it show up again in a lab test? Is there a way to determine the difference to the testers between actual methamphetamine/MDMA and a simple OTC drug? on a side note, my nurse and I just spoke over the phone and she told me they absolutely will not take away my carries and she said so herself that after a bit of googling that ranitidine can, in fact cause false positives, so I know I should be rejoicing and have no cause to even post this to you guys, but it's still a delicate situation for me and I'm still really nervous about this. any help or guidance would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Sorry, we don't permit drug testing discussion at Bluelight but I hope this gets sorted at the lab.

Status
Not open for further replies.