Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

False LSD tabs, and Mescaline analogs?

ToughSchist

Greenlighter
Hi all,

I recently obtained some "triple dosed LSD" on blotter paper, and I was planning on using these for my first time with acid. Since this would be my first time taking a substance that is not a plant and easily identifiable such as cannabis or mushrooms, I was speculative and bought vials of Ehrlich and Marquis reagent to test the tabs I bought. I cut off a very small corner of the blotter paper, which I put it in a sterilized vial, and added the Ehrlich reagent to test for indoles. However the expected reaction did not occur; in fact no reaction occurred at all, meaning there is not LSD in these tabs. So I tested another small piece with the Marquis reagent, and I observed a color change in the reagent that was indicative of mescaline according to a color chart for the reagent. I did this two more times to assure my results were accurate.

I researched and found that it is impossible to fit an active dose of mescaline on a tab of blotter paper, yet my results showed otherwise. Is there a substance whose chemistry is similar to that of mescaline and would procure the color change I observed? If so, what substances would they be, and are they physically and psychologically safe to take for a first time user? Or would it be better to wait till I can obtain actual LSD?

Or perhaps my results are skewed, and I am just naive in asserting these things?

Any information and/or advice is greatly appreciated.

Hi all,

I recently obtained some "triple dosed LSD" on blotter paper, and I was planning on using these for my first time with acid. Since this would be my first time taking a substance that is not a plant and easily identifiable such as cannabis or mushrooms, I was speculative and bought vials of Ehrlich and Marquis reagent to test the tabs I bought. I cut off a very small corner of the blotter paper, which I put it in a sterilized vial, and added the Ehrlich reagent to test for indoles. However the expected reaction did not occur; in fact no reaction occurred at all, meaning there is not LSD in these tabs. So I tested another small piece with the Marquis reagent, and I observed a color change in the reagent that was indicative of mescaline according to a color chart for the reagent. I did this two more times to assure my results were accurate.

I researched and found that it is impossible to fit an active dose of mescaline on a tab of blotter paper, yet my results showed otherwise. Is there a substance whose chemistry is similar to that of mescaline and would procure the color change I observed? If so, what substances would they be, and are they physically and psychologically safe to take for a first time user? Or would it be better to wait till I can obtain actual LSD?

Or perhaps my results are skewed, and I am just naive in asserting these things?

Any information and/or advice is greatly appreciated.
Hi friend. I can't read this wiki because of my mobile device but you said it came out as a mescaline color so its orange on marquis? A few NBOMe chems turn orange under marquis also and fit on blotter. If this is correct I wouldn't mess with that stuff. Wait for the real LSD or you could more reliably get 1a/1pLSD which are basically indistinguishable from the real deal.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marquis_reagent

Yeah almost surely an NBOMe. Dangerous drugs which are common passed off as LSD. Also, stuff like "triple dipped" is dealer sales pitch bullshit. Blotters aren't even dipped. Generally they're soaked in an LSD solution until it dries, ideally evenly on the whole paper. Either that or a drop of solution is added carefully to each square.

phoenixkill, I think I'll take your advice and wait for the real thing.

Thanks friend!

Personally, I second phoenixkill's suggestion of getting 1p-LSD or ALD-52 (AKA "1a-LSD").

These substances act as "pro-drugs" to LSD (they are inactive in and of themselves, but are rapidly converted to LSD in the human body). They are basically indistinguishable from "the real thing", and some users actually claim to prefer ALD-52 for its "smoothness" (which may be a result of the altered pharmacokinetics due to its prodrug nature, or simply placebo).

Also, since there are (to my knowledge) only 2 labs churning out basically all the 1p-LSD/ALD-52 blotters in the world, you can probably expect them to be more consistent in terms of dosage.