• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Falling Skies

Oxycondone

Bluelighter
New TV show Falling Skies will grace TNT on Sunday for Americans and will be out on Monday for Australians (airs at 9am).

Synopsis:
After an unprovoked and devastating alien invasion of Earth leaves the planet in tatters the remaining humans must learn to work together and fight the aliens if they are to continue to exist.

Preview - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjroVVhe8G0http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjroVVhe8G0

Looks good and as it is premiers on the same night as the Game of Thrones finale, it should be a good distraction until Game of Thrones season 2 is released.

Was getting in a bit early with this thread but let the anticipation and discussion begin :D

Last edited:
Synopsis:
After an unprovoked and devastating alien invasion of Earth leaves the planet in tatters the remaining humans must learn to work together and fight the aliens if they are to continue to exist.

That sounds exactly the same as the 10,285 movie and tv shows involving aliens that came before it. Why can't come up with a unique perspective on the whole "alien invasion" premise?

It show is set 6 months after the aliens have invaded which I think is a little bit different to many movies/shows which spend so long dealing with, and getting over the shock of the alien invasion.

Hopefully this will means the show will be fast paced and interesting. I don't think it is going to be a Battlestar Galactica though.

a whole 6 months? now that is something...

i'm with hnif - sounds like it's been done a hundred times before.

alasdair

don't watch much tv, but have a note to watch this tonight.
/think speilberg made this, no?

Well his name's attached to the project, but he didn't make it, no. Spielberg's too big for tv movies.

It is a series. We have it recording on our DVR right now. It looks interesting to me.

Yeah, Spielberg is producing. As Frank said, he hasn't directed anything for television for over fifteen years - though almost everything he produces (executive producer credits not included) is at least watchable.

I'm going to check this out.

Despite not having enough to eat, the female characters in Falling Skies find time to do their hair and make-up. They are all very pretty, too. The aliens killed all the ugly women, I guess.

So far: lots of cliches, forced drama and incompetent aliens. Nothing special.

i was surprised, i was able to keep the show on for the 2 hr premiere. reminded me of road warrior crossed with independence day, kinda. would of liked to know more about the aliens. they really didnt go into that to much. i guess that is how they planned on getting me to watch again on sunday, if i remember to.

It's not amazing but at the same time the show isn't shit either. I'd give it a 6.5/10 so far.

Commercials every 5 minutes killed this show for me. Whats even worse than regular commercials are commercials for the show you are already watching, previewing what is coming up next after the break. It was a 2 hour premier but in reality had about an hour and ten minutes of content.

I also noticed that every female was attractive and made up. Also, if i could form my team of 6 soldiers i probably wouldnt take my son, his girlfriend, and a 13 year old kid.

also, if i could form my team of 6 soldiers i probably wouldnt take my son, his girlfriend, and a 13 year old kid.

^that made me laugh.

5/10 (for the show, not the joke)

Haha true on the recruitment front. I think a lot of people are being pretty harsh on this show, despite not being great it's still better than most of the low budget crap on TV at the moment.

I think people just expect it to be better due to SS producing it and having a decent budget.

@Yakuza - Watching it without commercials was good. Maybe download it next time.

I think people just expect it to be better due to SS producing it and having a decent budget.

Agreed

I think AMC just fucked it up for everyone else since nothing compares to their lineup, once we get a taste of breaking bad or mad men nothing can compare

I was thinking the same thing about AMC shitting on all other shows. I just think its a pity that Falling skies seems to have been written by middle school kids. My expectations were higher and after 2 episodes i think im done.

Episode 2

NSFW:

If your camp off 300 people take a proven anarchist murderer prisoner, its probably a bad idea to make him your chef.

The best way to kill the skitters so far has been to cripple them, then get close and kill them. Sounds like a good time to break out the swords and chainsaws to me. They need to go mad max old school style on them.

Why did they need to extract only Tom's son from the group of kids taken hostage? There were 5 aliens, send 30 troops and take all of the kids back. Why would Tom want to try an unproven method of taking the alien collar off of his kid? Wouldnt he grab some of the other kids to try on first?

They seem to have a good amount of c4. How about throwing some sticky bombs at the mechs Spielberg?