• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Falling In Love, Wants Marriage, Meet Family/Friends Too Soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stolemyheart87

Ex-Bluelighter
Anyone ever meet a guy or girl, who after talking to them for a while, then going out with them on 1 date, had them, go and talk to you, and just say straight out "I love you, I want to marry you, I only want you, I don't want you for sex, I want you to meet my family and friends, I just want to make you happy, whatever you want I will do for you. I care and love you so much, I am not like other guys or girls. I want to be with you."

They told you all of this, only knowing them a short while, how would you feel about that? Would you be accepting of it, or be scared and walked away from the person? Thoughts and comments.

a red flag indicates the person might be more trouble than is worthwhile.

it is a red flag because the person they are professing their love for is mostly a figment of their imagination. they don't actually know you very well.

to me it shows mental instability.

It indicates an extreme dependency on his/her behalf.

The risk you take on from going down this path is they will expect you to adhere to their vision of an imagined relationship. Their 'love' will quickly turn to obsession because they've invested so much of themselves into you, their identity is essentially wrapped up into the relationship, they might have unrealistic expectations of you because they are depending on you to fill an emotional void in their life.

The 'whatever you want I will do for you' part concerns me the most. No one wants their partner to be a doormat, it's the independent self that creates attraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.