Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

fainting

markosheehan

Bluelighter
hi again.

last weekend i did 3.5 gram of mushrooms. about an hour and a half in i fainted. i became light headed and my friend said i was unresponsive . thankfully i was sitting down so i didnt fall. i came back after 5 minutes but didnt have any remember it. it didnt happen again on the trip. i think it was to do with low blood pressure. i have very low blood pressure as it is . im afraid of doing them again now as if i was doing something that was danegerous and i fainted i could get hurt. ive seen alot of other people have had this problem aswell. ive done a little research on it. i sent an email to rick strassman and he said it shouldnt be a problem and in fact it should be the other way around and that it raises blood pressure from what he has seen. if this is true why did i faint?? here are some studies on the dose response of psilocybin. all of them say blood pressure increased.

https://www.researchgate.net/figure...acebo-on-mean-SEM-heart-rate-A-systolic-blood

http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/figure/10.1177/0269881116675513?

http://journals.sagepub.com/na101/h...ages/medium/10.1177_0269881116675513-fig2.gif

http://www.usonainstitute.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/J-Psychopharmacol-2014-Johnson.pdf

these all show substantial increase in blood pressure. so was me fainting a once off and probably related to something else and i can do them again and does psilocybin increase or decrease blood pressure.

A friend of mine a few years back fainted on mushrooms; only drug I've seen anyone faint on. There are a number of people who have fainted on mushies, I believe there was a thread about it a few years back that got quite a bit of feedback, if you care to try and search for it (I don't).

Essentially, it's a fairly common occurrence, especially on stronger doses. It wouldn't concern me much. My friend was fine after he came to.

Mushrooms can both increase and decrease blood pressure, they're kind of strange that way....

ye its weird, but which does it do more of do you know.? ill just have to sit down a lot on trips

Soon as I saw "fainting" I thought it's another mushroom blackout thread, don't know the mechanism but seems not uncommon

I do not know why people reject the salvia scale as the best qualitative measure for how stoned a person can get on all psychedelics.
the main difference with salvia is that it is very very short and fast. The shulgin scale is too subjective.

The furthest extent that you can go is AMNESIA, or blackout (or a buzz with whiteout), and "fainting" - especially fainting without blood pressure drop is a classic high dose effect - one loses consciousness, one cannot form new memory during the black/white-out, and no additional perception or cognition occurs when one is in this last state in the scale:

S - subtle -- bare light headed effects, prone to silliness or morbidity (like a beer)
A - altered -- real alerts that things are different, some euphoria. (like a few beers)
L - light visual effects -- morephing, moving, minor animations of wood or bark etc. (whoa nellie)
V - visionary -- during which amazing visuals pervade open and closed eye view. (this is great acid!)
I - immaterial -- during which extreme body distortion or merging with objects is common (gross synaeshesia, loss of continuous sense of body)
A - amnesia -- too much noise to signal ratio.

Fainting and amnesia are different things (though one might entail the other) and psilocin dose doesn't need to be very high to produce collapse/fainting. There's plenty wrong (and subjective) about you salvia model

I fainted on a low dose, about 1.8 g. Though I probably didn't drink enough water and was anxious around people I just met at a fest. This drunk girl gave me a negative vibe but caught me before I fell on $10,000+ worth of hand blown glass. I got up after 10 sec but it felt like an eternity...

people faint on high and low doses. if you loose consciousness not to do with low pressure it would have to be a very high dose. probably greater than 7 grams