• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Fainting on Marijuana

SDforever420

Bluelighter
This has never happened to me before. Until about a month ago.

A friend of mine, my gf, and I were in my buddies garage. He rolled a blunt. I was happy because it was some STANNNNNKKKYYYY shit, was told it was blue dream. Anyway, he sparks it and passes is to me. I told a couple deep puffs and pass it on. When it got to me the second time I noticed I was already getting big, SWEET!! Or so I thought. I just kept getting higher and higher, even after I passed up the blunt. This wasn't good. I felt my knees weaken, there is no place to sit and the ground was wet. I leaned up against my girlfriend and she asked if I was ok. I said I didn't feel good. Then everything went black. She caught me around my waist so I didn't fall. I was doubled over completely out of it, forgot where I was and who was with me. My friend pinched me because he thought it was a joke. I didn't respond. Then I realized she was holding me and struggling to do so. So I tried getting up. Holy shit I can't see!!! It was night time and my Vision was still kinda black. I just wanted to sit down. I fell 2 times trying to walk from the garage to his front door. I felt fine about 10 minutes later. But it scared the SHIT outta me. Looking back I'm pretty sure my blood pressure dropped. But that has NEVER HAPPENED before.

Question is, anyone else experience this? What could have caused it? My only guess is that it was pretty cold out, 30's, and it was my first time getting high that day.

Last edited:
This has happened to me only once. Although i'm pretty sure my weed was sprayed with some pesticides or laced with something. Trust me i know all that laced shit is bull shit, but this bud was from a friend who said he got it from a pretty sketchy guy. We both smoked , like 3-4 bowls between both of us. Went to subway to get something to eat, while i was filling up my drink i hear a THUNK on the ground. I turn around and my friend blacked out completely while ordering, face first into the ground laying there. I was tripping balls at this point, we got him seated and aided him while he slowly awoke in a daze. After about 2 minutes, i start feeling EXTREMELY weird. The weirdest i have ever felt, like i am coming up FAST and hard on a psychedelic. I was was seeing black and white checker board patterns everywhere and next thing i know i'm falling, smash my face on the edge of a table.

Anyways what ended up happening is they called the paramedics even though we told them not to and so on. That experience really shook me, after that every time i smoked i would always bug out if i would pass out, but fuck it i still smoke. My advice is to have some munchy snacks and a drink with you every time you sesh. That way you'll have something in your stomach and , your sugar / blood pressure balanced. Also try and smoke less, and do not hold in hits longer than 3 seconds. You should be clear, it's definitely a scary ass experience though huh.

This has happened to me only once. Although i'm pretty sure my weed was sprayed with some pesticides or laced with something. Trust me i know all that laced shit is bull shit, but this bud was from a friend who said he got it from a pretty sketchy guy. We both smoked , like 3-4 bowls between both of us. Went to subway to get something to eat, while i was filling up my drink i hear a THUNK on the ground. I turn around and my friend blacked out completely while ordering, face first into the ground laying there. I was tripping balls at this point, we got him seated and aided him while he slowly awoke in a daze. After about 2 minutes, i start feeling EXTREMELY weird. The weirdest i have ever felt, like i am coming up FAST and hard on a psychedelic. I was was seeing black and white checker board patterns everywhere and next thing i know i'm falling, smash my face on the edge of a table.

Anyways what ended up happening is they called the paramedics even though we told them not to and so on. That experience really shook me, after that every time i smoked i would always bug out if i would pass out, but fuck it i still smoke. My advice is to have some munchy snacks and a drink with you every time you sesh. That way you'll have something in your stomach and , your sugar / blood pressure balanced. Also try and smoke less, and do not hold in hits longer than 3 seconds. You should be clear, it's definitely a scary ass experience though huh.

Could have been sprayed with a synthetic cannabinoid; sounds like it by the way you described it.

It definitely wasn't normal weed, this happened around 4 years ago btw. What are the chances of 2 people passing out, minutes away from each other when it has NEVER happened before. Fuck the guy who sold the bud to my friend, i hope he gets cancer.

Cannabis lowers blood pressure. If you're already prone to low blood pressure (like being a tall, skinny person) then cannabis can make you pass out. It has happened to me before, and I was sitting down. My friend caught me and moved me to the floor.

Yes, low blood sugar can also be a culprit. If you're prone to feeling dizzy if you stand up too fast, then that means you already have orthostatic hypotension and low blood pressure. In that case, make sure you have eaten recently before smoking, and preferably sit down right after you smoke.

I agree that if more than one person is fainting then you could be dealing with laced weed. I'm just pointing out that even normal weed can make people faint.

Cannabis lowers blood pressure. If you're already prone to low blood pressure (like being a tall, skinny person) then cannabis can make you pass out. It has happened to me before, and I was sitting down. My friend caught me and moved me to the floor.

Yes, low blood sugar can also be a culprit. If you're prone to feeling dizzy if you stand up too fast, then that means you already have orthostatic hypotension and low blood pressure. In that case, make sure you have eaten recently before smoking, and preferably sit down right after you smoke.

I agree that if more than one person is fainting then you could be dealing with laced weed. I'm just pointing out that even normal weed can make people faint.
Thanks for the info, yea it definitely can happen with normal weed. I've seen my friend take huge snappers out of the bong, getting up to go somewhere and falling face first after a few steps. Weed is tricky

There's loads of things in the equation I think, but I have fainted only once in my life IIRC and it was after taking my first ever bong hit when trying weed for the first time. I was a non-smoker and there was loads of tobacco in the mix too which was a major constituent in the whole ordeal. I have come very close to fainting too when vaporizing, and I suspect that nitric oxide has something to do with it, I believe that when you attempt to vaporize with high temperatures, plenty of nitric oxide results. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitric_oxide it's a common byproduct of combustion

Lasts only for a couple of seconds, decreases blood circulation and therefore oxygen transmission to brain, headaches, even fainting can result from just nitric oxide alone. Improperly flushed weed probably has excess amounts of nitrogen in it too, making you suffer from the ill effects of nitric oxide even more.

And lastly, a tiny bit to read on tobacco and nitric oxide http://ntr.oxfordjournals.org/content/4/3/341.abstract

Man, I almost get jealous when I read through a thread and find someone answering with nearly the exact kind of post I'm about to write.

I think you hit the nail right on the head with that one. I'm tall and skinny, always have been can't gain weight to save my life. I'm pretty sure I didn't eat yet that day either. I also get head rushes if I stand up to fast . Thanks for telling me about that.

This has happened to me a few times. Every time, it was because I hadn't used weed in at least a month and had no tolerance, then proceed to smoke a good bit in a short amount of time. You feel a bit unsteady and the visuals get really intense, enough to obscure your vision completely, then things go black and you drop to the floor. Sometimes you completely black out and forget what happened, other times, you feel fairly lucid but are still really messed up.

The main cause is the rapid drop in blood pressure that cannabis can produce. Having low blood sugar doesn't help much either. Last time it happened to me, I hadn't eaten in perhaps the previous 8 hours or so. There is a particular cannabinoid that may be responsible for the "one hit shit" type of weed that tends to give these effects. I don't remember of the top of my head which one it was though.

Basically, you just got too high, too fast.

One time Me and my friend had some pretty danky shit so we decided to smoke it... all the way out into the woods. Little did I know you could faint from weed, especially if your prone to low blood pressure (which i am). We were using a gravity bong using a 2 liter coke bottle and a narrow container. I took the first hit and I must have inhaled too hard because after i exhaled, I had the worst cough of my life. This isn't the kind of cough you would get from inhaling any kind of smoke. I later found out why it was so bad, but it was bc i had inhaled so hard that some of the liquid got into my lungs. I took only that hit and friend got some after me. From this point on it is REALLY hard to remember what happened at the time because i was so fucking high. All I need is one good hit to be stoned. Anyways we tried to get out of woods and go to pub-lix to get some eye drops. It took a hell lot for me to get up because i was so tired i just wanted to lay down and go to sleep(because my blood pressure was extremely low). I eventually and reluctantly got up and started walking. As I was walking I could feel the effects starting to get stronger and stronger. Like i was on a strong psychedelic. As we were walking i was extremely dizzy and "out of it". i didn't care where i was so i just lied down in the grass trying to sleep. Some stranger told me to get in his car because he concerned about my state.(He found me on the grass just laying there) he took and my conscious friend into his house and was giving me water. The stranger soon called my parents and friends parent and soon the police arrived... or paramedics, or both, It was really hard to remember. Im assuming that shit was laced because i had been high before and it felt nothing like that.

Last edited:
This has happened to me a few times. My vision usually starts to fade into a yellow or purple tint before it goes black, and I get really sweaty and I can barely hear anything. Weed lowers your blood sugar (the reason you get the munchies), and if your blood sugar is already low from not eating enough, it can make you pass out. The first time it happened to me I was driving and I ended up driving into a corn field. If I feel like I'm close to passing out, I just sit/lay down and eat something sugary (fruit seems to work the best).

I've nearly fainted a few times when taking a bunch of dabs in a row after drinking a few beers really quickly on an empty stomach. I would get really dizzy, have to sit down and my vision and hearing would start to fade , everything sounding muffled and looking blurry. 10 minutes later I feel fine.

Idk what causes it but my guess is low blood pressure or something like others have suggested.

This has happened to me 5 times in the past 10 years. I truly believe it is a combination of dehydration and poor diet (blood sugar/blood pressure). Each time it happened about 25-30 minutes after smoking. Another common denominator for me is over heating. Each time, I have been in an outdoor environment in the heat, so core temperature is elevated. It has never happened at home in the nice AC. But I also know that I was dehydrated and exercising poor diet (lots of fast food, etc.) in those periods. I never partake in the heat of the day anymore.