View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Failure To Communication On Psychedelics

LazyTheGreat

Bluelighter
Hello Bluelighters! I hope everyone is having a great day.

I was wondering if anyone could clarify if what i have experienced is normal or could give me an explanation as to why it happens and maybe a way to combat it. So, at times when i take psychedelic drugs I cannot seem for the love of grace to get a sentence out of my mouth. This happenes to me at random times when I least expect it. This would be an occurrence that would happen more frequently when I first started getting into psychedelics and I found this would happen on completly random doses. Although I don't seem to have this problem now it has happened on one of my recent trips for a tad second.

Recently I have been experimenting with my friend with psychedelics and he is new to the scene. On our last experience together he said he felt unable to speak at times. I couldn't give him any solid advice just because I have no idea how I got past that so I was wondering if anyone on here could shed some light.

What psychs are you using? I have that very same problam on DOC but not really lsd at all. Theres alot going on in your brain when you take these drugs so its part of the expierenced i guess. If you smoke try to lay off the weed it makes me forgetfull. But on DOC i cant finish a sentance without forgetting what i was talking about. All i can say is lower dose and just roll with it and practice.

Last edited:
This is where tripping can become weird and hard to handle around people who have either never tripped or they just arent on it.

As soon as you get to what i'de call 100+ug you start entering the anti social territory.
You get used to it and grasp understanding. When i see people make mistakes with communication on acid etc i dont judge their braim because i know that tripping jumbles proccessess.

Simply put theres too much going on in your brain to put intelligent sentences together.
Although. A microdose of acid can actually heighten social and cofidence skills.

Dont worry you are not the only one. This is part of what makes high doses more difficult.
When it happens just see the humor in that moment dont beat yourself down thinking your a retard. Its just the trip splitting all your procceses into seperately read-able but yet still cooperating cognitive functions. This is often difficult to manage as it appears in your brain as multiple thoughts and feelings happening at the same time.

The same applies to the flu and shit, you are much more suspectible to getting sick after a trip because during the trip your brain is too busy dealing with the headspace to deal with immune systems.
This is all from my experience and what ive read. But ive had a 600ug lsd trip and many other decent doses, i know exactly what you are talking about and trust me it haunts many of my friends.
Sometimes you just gotta accept it. :) or just dose lower

Last edited:
What psychs are you using? I have that very same problam on DOC but not really lsd at all. Theres alot goimg on in your brain when you take these drygs so its part of the expierenced i guess. Ig you smoke try to lay off the weed it makes me forgetfull. But on DOC i cant finish a sentance without forgetting what i was talking about. All i cab say is lower dose and just roll with it and practice.
Well I've been experimenting with LSD. How would you say I should go about practicing?

This is where tripping can become weird and hard to handle around people who have either never tripped or they just arent on it.

As soon as you get to what i'de call 100+ug you start entering the anti social territory.
You get used to it and grasp understanding. When i see people make mistakes with communication on acid etc i dont judge their braim because i know that tripping jumbles proccessess.

Simply put theres too much going on in your brain to put intelligent sentences together.
Although. A microdose of acid can actually heighten social and cofidence skills.

Dont worry you are not the only one. This is part of what makes high doses more difficult.
When it happens just see the humor in that moment dont beat yourself down thinking your a retard. Its just the trip splitting all your procceses into seperately read-able but yet still cooperating cognitive functions. This is often difficult to manage as it appears in your brain as multiple thoughts and feelings happening at the same time.

The same applies to the flu and shit, you are much more suspectible to getting sick after a trip because during the trip your brain is too busy dealing with the headspace to deal with immune systems.
This is all from my experience and what ive read. But ive had a 600ug lsd trip and many other decent doses, i know exactly what you are talking about and trust me it haunts many of my friends.
Sometimes you just gotta accept it. :) or just dose lower
Hey thanks for the advice! Actually when this problem would occur when I first started to notice it I would kill myself about it and just as you said I would actually feel as if I were extremely slow. I love how you said you just need to accept it because in all reality that's probably the only choice you have

Hahah yep unfortunately,
Dont worry we have all had a fair share of retard conversations while tripping.
Tbh it makes for some seriously hilarious moments, but can also result in mis-communications leading to "problems" that shouldnt exist. The probems often result from sober people not understanding and misinterperating what you mean by things.
Which leads to a mind boggling trying to un-retard what you said, this is one reason why you only trip with trusted friends, because they should be more understanding, or tripping too xD.

If you experiment with acid enough you will get used to it and be in control a lot more. But you can never fully escape it.
Have a good one!

This happens to me on any dose of acid. Even 100ug. It's not like I can't speak, but the way I think what and how to speak is very convoluted. I think of it as follows.

While sober, all of us almost always think using language. With LSD in the system it seems the mind breaks free of this barrier of language. No doubt language makes communication very simple, but it also restricts what one can and cannot convey. During a psychedelic experience, it's like I know what I want to convey, but it's more difficult to put it into words than usual. This happens because I did not think about what to say through the filter of language. I just know. I felt and experienced what to say, rather than think about it.

I feel this is also why it is really difficult to put psychedelic experiences into words and we end up using meaningless phrases like "I felt as if my soul was dancing to the music while I lay lifeless on my bed". When the experience occurred, the mind wasn't thinking using everyday language. It was feeling and experiencing. And so when we are back, we are unable to find words to describe the trip.

At first all this feels very unnatural and could be cause for anxiety. One must just accept and embrace this, rather than try to put it to words. If there is need to communicate, it helps to think of this as a little puzzle where one must wade through waves of inexplicable thoughts and emotions before finding the right words.

I don't know, did this make sense?

Absolutely normal, though I find this issue to be somewhat dose-dependant in my experience (ie higher dose = more mindfuckery going on).

I've experienced being absolutely unable to get words out of my mouth once before on mushrooms. I took just a little bit too much before heading out to a particular nightclub where I'd just chill in the corner behind the lighting control booth (was mates with the guys running lights and there was bench space to sit and chill, technically 'staff only').

Well I'm tripping rather hard, a lot harder than I expected going off previous nights out of this manner. Nightclub is absolutely packed, but that's cool coz I'm in the staff section...right? Well not quite, as some of the bartender girls decided to come hang out in that area coz they weren't working. Decided to have a chat to me, which is where the issue began: said hi, asked my name.....I just stare at her smiling while desperately trying to answer. Manage to get my name out. Cool. She then asks why I'm sitting there, and do I know anyone (ie staff). The sheer concentration it took to answer that question while contemplating the possibility I was busted (wasn't a real concern, but hey I'm tripping) was insane. Finally I manage to blurt out I'm mates with the lighting control dude, and got his name out. Phew!

In my scenario at least, I believe it to be somewhat caused by an effect of mushrooms I've noted (probably most psychs, though my experience is depressingly limited): switching off the 'filter' of sorts that allows your mind to focus on one source of sound. Imagine you're in a room full of people all having conversations. When sober, you can focus your attention on a single conversation whilst everything else becomes background noise. When on mushrooms, my experience is that you're seemingly forced to pay attention to every single conversation in the room simultaneously. It's like the pinnacle of constant distractions.

Now consider you're in a packed nightclub, LOUD music, lots of conversations, and damned pretty lights. Every bit of processing power my brain had was being forcibly utilised to take everything in, and there was nothing left to process getting a sentence out of my mouth haha. I bailed shortly after my above encounter, and once outside I quickly composed myself. Good times >.>

This happens to me and I've come to realise that I probably have ADD which make interacting socially an effort which can easily pass me by, especially when my mind is thinking ten different things at once.

This is completely and totally normal, par for the course. If it makes you uncomfortable, try using a lower dose.

"switching off the 'filter' of sorts that allows your mind to focus on one source of sound. Imagine you're in a room full of people all having conversations. When sober, you can focus your attention on a single conversation whilst everything else becomes background noise. When on mushrooms, my experience is that you're seemingly forced to pay attention to every single conversation in the room simultaneously"

I'm like this all the time sober. Its part of why I hate going to bars, loud restaurants, clubs, trying to talk at concerts, etc.

As for the op, I have a friend who twice now has forgotten he had the ability to speak on an average dose of LSD (2 hits each time). He spent hours trying to communicate nonverabally. It was funny at first, but as the peak of our other friends and my trip began to wear off and he was still unable to talk it became rather worrying. To top it off all his movements were conducted in slow motion, like a tenth of normal speed. Really creepy.

I've never had this problem with LSD much except for when I just have too much to convey and have to gather my thoughts. 4g of mushrooms gave me mush mouth and I really had to think about how to use my tongue and lips to create the proper sounds. 3-meo-pcp, especially combined with alcohol, produced extreme aphasia during the peak and I have to struggle to speak.

^^ if it were truly like what I experience on a decent dose of mushrooms (so far as focusing on everything goes), that would be difficult to handle. I don't blame you for avoiding such places, wouldn't be enjoyable unless you actually were tripping and keeping to yourself in a corner haha

^^ if it were truly like what I experience on a decent dose of mushrooms (so far as focusing on everything goes), that would be difficult to handle. I don't blame you for avoiding such places, wouldn't be enjoyable unless you actually were tripping and keeping to yourself in a corner haha
Ive found for some reason when im tripping and try seclude myself in order to hide how fucked my motor skills are people come and speak to me.
If i actually go out and be open and stuff it doesnt happen as much.

Its as if they need to know why you are trying to be alone hahah