• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Failed to Roll, Safe to Try Again Day Later?

lokidoki

Bluelighter
Hi there! New poster here (though I've used bluelight for quite some time now), so I'm sorry if I mess it up at all.

Anyway, I've been using MDMA pills for less than a year. When I first started, I rolled every weekend. I eventually had to space them to every 2 weeks due to increasingly bad comedowns (but nothing really horrible). But as of lately my significant other has asked that we take 1 month breaks between rolls, which has been extremely hard for me considering, if given the choice, I'd still be rolling every weekend.

All that being said, after waiting (almost) a month since my last roll, I took some "moon rocks" this past weekend. I was told it was pure MDMA so I expected something amazing but for some reason.... I felt nada. I mean, there was a nice feeling of relaxation and overall chillness, but nothing too different from how I feel on norcos (which I use heavily, but doubt its relevant). I kept trying to take more and at some point snorted it, but still nothing really. I suspect it was cut to shit, but I'm not sure as the significant other used a small amount at another time and was rolling so hard he vomited.

What I DID end up with however was the worst come down I've ever had. I became extremely depressed and burst into tears several times. I was up all night with suicidal thoughts. And all of that stuff is very uncharacteristic of me. I think what made me so depressed was the fact that I had felt no roll to compensate for this come down, and I wasn't sure when I could roll again. I'm busy the next two weekends (which is unusual for me as I don't get out much)

The next day I had still felt kind of cracked out as though I had rolled. I wasnt having a meltdown anymore, but I was still bummed about the failed roll that I had patiently waited nearly a month for. Actually, I'm still depressed about it now which is probably why I'm posting here. (The moon rocks happened Friday and its now Sunday morning)

I guess heres the question: I dont think the depression will stop until I roll again. I want to try it with some pills we have that I know will work, because I've used them before and they were fantastic. I'm thinking of calling off work tomorrow and just dropping them tonight...HOWEVER, I'm afraid that despite not "feeling it", the mdma might have still had some effect on my brain, and rolling now would just lead to another bad comedown (I've rolled twice in the same weekend before and the second comedown was NOT fun.). I honestly don't want to feel even half the comedown I felt friday night, but on the other hand I can't stand the thought of going into the next week without having rolled this weekend. To be honest I don't lead a very eventful life, and these rolls are kind of all I have going for me.

Does your serotonin still deplete, even when you don't feel much of anything? Or will I have to wait another two weeks? :( Thanks so much for your time!

Sounds unlikely that you took actual MDMA so serotonin depletion etc is not applicable. Grab a test kit to avoid shit like this happening again. Whatever it is that you've been sold, don't take it again.

Also, the role of set/setting is not to be dismissed with MDMA. If you're just dropping it for the sake of dropping it in a shit setting then it's not going to be that fun. It's worth saving the drug for special occasions where others are on it with you for the best experience. Having an afterglow instead of a comedown can be the result of having a great experience.

Last edited:
Thanks, I admit that I hadn't really thought I needed a testing kit before this as everything I had gotten before from the source had been good. But I suppose any regular user should have one just in case. Thanks again for the reply!

I for one, have had the same MDMA give me completely different experiences. One day I'm melting into my seat in the car, the next it's extremely stimulating and more party oriented in a different setting. The kind of strange connected feeling to complete strangers is still there and is almost impossible to confuse.

Your serotonin do indeed still deplete if you have a lackluster experience, and a long break kind of brought it back for me. I had a period where I was ingesting 200mgs every 3-4 weeks or so, and the amazing body buzz slowly faded, and turned into more of empathy driven stimulant. I took about a three month break before rolling again, and it indeed hit me a lot harder but still not quite there, almost but not quite. Granted I'm not taking 200mg doses anymore, I keep it around 125 if i'm out and about. You do however need to cut back on your use, I've never had a real come down on MDMA and i've been hip for about a year, and I think this is due to me accepting the fact that less is more.

A test kit will help a lot though, but using in excess is going to burn you out, even once a month is not enough time (for me) to fully recover and get a hard, in your face, type of roll.