Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

failed san pedro experiment

daturafuck

Greenlighter
Hello psychonauts
Recently, I found a san pedro growing on the side of the road. So naturally, I harvested it and boiled it up.
I felt the beginnings of what seemed to be a high building up, which lasted about two hours, followed by an intense lassitude, which lead me to fall asleep. (I often feel early afternoon drowsiness, so this isn't too unusual)
When I woke up (about three hours after dosing) I had a splitting headache and couldn't think straight, but had nothing like a psychedelic experience. Eventually I took a bunch of valium and went to sleep.
Anyone know what could have caused this? Maybe higher concentrations of another PEA besides mescaline (I felt nothing mescaline like at all)

Some details, maybe relevant:
Dosed about a foot of san pedro
Stored it for about two days in the freezer, before boiling it down and storing the snot for another two weeks
Boiled it down to a sludge, about two table spoons. Consistency of mud or a smoothie.
I live in New South Whales, Australia
I had been experimenting with anaracetam and choline supplements around this time, though not on the day.
Had a glass of whiskey and a cigarette throughout and a few glasses of water throughout the day.

I have about 1.5 foot waiting in the freezer, and I'm planning to boil it down and see if I trip. Is this really dumb? Any recommendations?

Yeah man, San Pedro is one of those things that varies Dramatically from Cactus to Cactus.
You don't know the life that the Cactus had, it could be really young and not have very much mescaline in it.
If you can't get it to work. My only suggestion is to find a different source.

San pedro growing wild in oz ?
Is this a thing ?

EDIT - just reread your op.
Eating the rest of it may not be exactly dumb, but you might wanna check and re check that you have identified the cacti correctly

^Second that verification...if you post a picture some of us could confirm or deny your initial identification.

Not only can the alkaloid content vary considerably between genuine San Pedro specimens , but there are many trich species that look similar without much or any mesc .
eg : T. Cuzcoensis , which I have strategically positioned in my garden for " bait " , because of previous theft .

Some trich species contain an alkaloid called " Candacine " , which is bad news and dangerous . SP is very easy to obtain in Australia - suggest you find some named clones , plant the tops and enjoy the logs ...

Last edited:
Oh, and can't post a picture till I find a connector thingy.
It was growing on the side of the road, but presumably planted there by a human at some point. It was in suburbia.