• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Failed my second semester of nursing school

sms143

Bluelighter
It happened.
I'm pretty upset.
I just had too much on my plate.
I was working full time to keep benefits,mom of a two year old,going to class after twelve hr night shifts, and being a wife.
I will reapply for January 2016..but I'm so down on myself. I'm thinking this will make me a better student all around. I finally decided to only work one day a week towards the end and my last two grades shot up! I just pulled out too late bc I needed the final exam to save me.
My final average was a 77.95 and I needed a 78! So frustrating,has anyone been in my shoes?!

Well over the years I've failed a lot of school for a lot of different reasons. I've been close and I've been utterly defeated in some cases. I was in residential treatment and I decided to take classes in automotive technology, I had a hard teacher, I was on a lot of meds, I was the only white kid in the class, the teacher gave me hard time from day one, I couldn't ever remember the stuff I studied because I was on 7 meds. I'd study for hours and wake up at 5:30am to leave at 6am get to school by 7am, take a test straight away, and fail with flying colors. I didn't understand the shit anyway, even after it being taught in class and studying. It wasn't for me and I had to accept that. Now with your situation it sounds like you have a lot of responsibilities, and you remain responsible, that's why you didn't quite make it, because you're and adult, a mother, a wife, an employee, and a student. That is a lot to handle, and the fact that you almost made it is commendable. Look when you almost pass something, the good news is that you've learned most of the material, if you study here and there when you have time, during the time between now and when you can start school again, you'll be ahead of all the first time students, don't let this edge you have go to your head, but it can be comforting to know what your going to be dealing with.

It's always hard to fail. It's easy to blame yourself for inability to balance your priorities. Look at everything you get done all the time between all your different roles, you're a success. You have knowledge that will help you during your next semester of nursing school. You are moving forward. Plus fail or not you learned a lot, I'm sure of it based off your GPA. Learning is what counts.

It wasn't nursing school, but I got kicked out of reaching program because they hated the way I taught. Just as I was in the final lap of my internship. it sucks but you clearly a hard worker so you can do it.