• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

facts of the amount of time crack hits should be held in

Jamiemateo

Greenlighter
I've been told you need to hold in your hit as long as possible or its not going to give you the full effect and I have heard the opposite in fact that it can be dangerous to hold it in too long. any one have information on this topic.?

I was always told to hold it in as long as you can, and that is what i always did. Usually i held it in like15-30 seconds if possible.

Your lungs are really quite efficient when it comes to absorption of chemicals.
They have to be otherwise we'd suffocate if we needed to hold our breath for 15 seconds to absorb the oxygen.
Of course the rate at which cocaine will diffuse across your alveoli and into the bloodstream is going to be vastly different, and likely far lower, than that of oxygen.
With that being said I would warrant that anything over 10 seconds is unnecessary, and holding your breathe for such a long time while on such strong stimulants could lead to fainting which could cause some serious injury if you're unlucky, however there won't be any immediate direct dangers from holding your breathe that long provided you stay conscious, your brain can go over 5 minutes without any further oxygen consumption before it runs out and cell's begin to die; if I remember the value correctly 'deoxygenated' blood after it leaves the capillary bed is still ~80% saturated with oxygen.

There really isn't much point holding a hit longer than 10 seconds at the most, Crack's damn efficient at jumping the gate that is the alveolar membranes into the bloodstream.
Any extra "rush" is not the drug, it is a result of Oxygen starvation in tissues that are already receiving inadequate blood flow due to vasoconstriction along with the buildup of CO2 and Lactic Acid - hold too long or keep taking hits without proper ventilation and you will hit the ground like a sack of shit.
Holding the hit is just allowing the cuts you've just vapourised to attack the pulmonary system even further as well as giving them extra time to enter your CNS.

If you really must hold it in then please make sure to at least take an extra breath or three of air while the smoke is in your lungs.