• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

News FACT SHEET: Biden-⁠Harris Administration Announces New Actions and Funding to Address the Overdose Epidemic and Support Recovery

RUC4

Bluelighter

FACT SHEET: Biden-⁠Harris Administration Announces New Actions and Funding to Address the Overdose Epidemic and Support Recovery

WhiteHouse.gov
23 September 2022

Excerpts:
$1.5 billion awarded to all states and territories to beat the opioid crisis and support people in recovery
Awarding $1.5 Billion for all States and Territories to Address Addiction and the Opioid Crisis - awarded nearly $1.5 billion to support states, tribal lands, and territories’ efforts to address the opioid crisis and support individuals in recovery.
Investing over $104 Million to Expand Substance Use Treatment and Prevention in Rural Communities to Beat the Overdose Epidemic.
Investing $20.5 Million to Increase Access to Recovery Supports
Releasing New Guidance to Support and Facilitate Greater Access to FDA-approved naloxone products
Announcing Additional Funding for Law Enforcement Officials on the Front Lines of the Overdose Epidemic
Releasing New Guidance for Employers to Create Recovery-Ready Workplaces
Deploying Financial Sanctions to Disrupt Global Drug Trafficking Operations

Read about additional actions the Biden-Harris Administration has taken to address addiction and the overdose epidemic

Read about President Biden’s National Drug Control Strategy

I'm not holding my breath here for any sort of dent in the problem.

I'd bet $20 most of this money will be funneled into police budgets for bullshit, or otherwise be spent in useless ways by people who have no idea how to actually effect harm reduction.

I'm not holding my breath here for any sort of dent in the problem.

I'd bet $20 most of this money will be funneled into police budgets for bullshit, or otherwise be spent in useless ways by people who have no idea how to actually effect harm reduction.
Exactly.

And yet the solution is so simple. Legalize heroin & various other opioids for adults to use if they want to. Really that easy. Drugs are never going away.
But of course in pearl clutching America, that'd be like announcing that robbery will now be legalized.

Actually theft under some odd amount of money has been legalized in some places. Ironically in democrat run states. So they're cool with legalizing actual crimes but still doing nothing about drug legalization.

So democrats can run on a lot of promises but they know most of it won't pass with the Republicans anyway, so it's all bullshit.
Reading through all these "proposed ideas" also sound like bullshit. Yeah let's give the police more funding to help ruin people's lives because they got high. And let's throw hissy fits at the countries importing shit that American people want. Totally sounds like it'll solve so many issues! *eye roll*