L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Face recognition for dating?

Markomarkh

Bluelighter
I heard people in Russia can take snap shots of people in public, like a hot girl you fancy, use face recognition software to link them to social network profile then you can send them messages. Will this be fun or the ultimate stalker tool? Quite dark that no one in public will be anonymous! I also heard you can find someone that looks like your ex or find a sexy doppelgänger on certain dating sites.

What you think of this?
http://futureofsex.net/sex-tech/fac...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

That's fucked up.
I'm glad balaclavas are in fashion at the moment.

...but that same technology is used in airport security, passports and so on.
That isolated Ted Kaczynski wood cabin sounds more appealing all the time...(possibly sans mail bombs)

And people ask me why I'm not on any social media.

You might think you're not, but if you've got an email address or a phone number, you are known to at least Facebook, Twitter and Whatsapp, and probably loads more too.

You might think you're not, but if you've got an email address or a phone number, you are known to at least Facebook, Twitter and Whatsapp, and probably loads more too.
Oh no doubt there is some information about me floating on the web, but there is no profile where I have a face picture attached with name and details. I also use encrypted email service for personal and important mail so gmail doesn't know too much. I know I can't be 100% off the grid unless I live in a shack in a forest but I don't deliberately put my life online. You can't just type in my name and dob to find a wall of information. You'd have to go digging deeper to find something. Which is funny, try and date people while not being on social media and you'll see how it bothers them to have to talk to you the old fashion way to learn things about you instead of just digging through your facebook or twatter.

try and date people while not being on social media and you'll see how it bothers them to have to talk to you the old fashion way to learn things about you instead of just digging through your facebook or twatter.

I bet!

Oh no doubt there is some information about me floating on the web

In the main, you can thank your friends, relatives and acquaintances for that! And the ridiculously complicated algorithms employed by social media companies. The algorithms are so complex they probably even know what you look like. Face recognition software is incredibly accurate, and that matched with contact data your friends, family and friends have shared with social media about you (Facebook has access to every members contacts), the algorithms can most probably match any picture of you with your contact details. The only way to avoid that is to never have your picture taken! It's fucked up but social media companies probably know more about us than secret services.

Well most of my friends have me in their contacts not exactly by my name, more of a easier version for them to say it (the pros of having foreign name), and given how I'm not often a part of a group picture going online (they don't put our drug fuelled party pictures online, they're not morons) even though the algorithms could probably recognise me they would have a hard time connecting my face to my online activity signed with my real name. Compared to an average Joe Doe I barely exist online.

this thread is juicy. yeah its fucked up pure stalker nightmare.

like how terminator 1 would date

reminds me of dark angel with jessica alba where the drones would fly up to you do this recognition thing to your face from a phtoto and then shoot you independent of human control.

thats probably coming soon to a head shot near you...