• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids F-Phenibut Megathread

zurue

Greenlighter
OP: "I'm posting this because of the little scientific data out their in regards to f-phenibut. Taken from Psychonautwiki.org

Duration
Threshold50 - 100 mg
Light100 - 200 mg
Common200 - 400 mg
Strong400 - 600 mg
Heavy600 mg +
Total6 - 8 hours
Onset20 - 60 minutes

t:00 scooped out approximately 350-400mg with the included mg scoop. The substance is very acidic i mix into a small "shot" sized glass of fruit juice and quickly feed it to my plant followed with a soda as a chaser seems to negate the acidic discomfort associated with the different versions of phenibut. With that said it dissolves very easily in about and liquid.

t+1hr Notable body buzz and visual stimulation " the feeling like being drunk without the stupor and cognitive decline. Prominent anxiolysis benefits begin to surface im an introvert by nature and am plagued from social and generalized anxiety.

Side note- I have experimented with non flourinated regular version of phenibut at the 3.5 gram dosage and can tell you the marketed potency of f-phenibut is very damn near 10x as potent.

t+2.5hrs everything noted above is still increasing and very euphoric (only if you are a benzodiazepine abuser like me will you find it enjoyable and familiar).

Sorry for such a short review but I believe f-phenibut to be much more recreational and beneficial at comparable dosages to non-flourinated phenibut. With that being said i experience less nasuea at medium to high doseages whereas on regular phenibut at 3.5grams severe nausea and vertigo was always a possibility.

Also, and interesting observation by my family not knowing i had consumed phenibut regardless of its acceptability and legality, could tell i was "messed up" most interestly in the way i walked. SO be careful and use harm reduction when exploring this novel compound and a fun time can be expected if not abused :) Enjoy!!"

Pharmacology:

F-phenibut acts as a potent agonist of the GABA-B receptor and in this regard is more similar to baclofen than phenibut.

It is also possible that F-Phenibut binds to the α2δ-1 site of voltage-gated calcium channels in a manner similar to that of other gabapentinoids. By binding to this site, F-Phenibut may reduce the release of several excitatory neurotransmitters, including glutamate, substance P, acetylcholine, and norepinephrine. This, in turn, increases GABAergic activity. As the GABA system is the most prevalent inhibitory receptor set within the brain, its modulation may be responsible for the relaxing, sedating, and calming effects of F-Phenibut on the central nervous system.

- @deficiT

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd say that's fascinating, but you stopped at only 2.5 hours. I figure it must have taken at least 2.5 hours to measure 350-400mg with your mg scoop, but then the irony at that imprecision can't be an exaggeration.

He is probably using one of those 0.15cc scoops (1/32th ish of a teaspoon) that tend to get packaged with a lot of "nootropics" these days. Or something similar.

Those spoons are widely inaccurate, as scrofula alluded to. It even says so on the packaging mine came with: it says the scoop can measure anywhere between 20-90mg per scoop. This can depend on things like density of the powder, lunar cycles, whether you had Wheaties or lucky Charms for breakfast, how many people are currently farting in a 100 mile radius of you, etc

I found f-phenibut to be more around x7.5 times stronger than phenibut mg per mg. Everyone's different though.

I also found f-phenibut didn't have quite the same magic that large doses of phenibut provide. It's similar just not as recreational for me. Less of a next day afterglow too. F-phenibut also kicked in much quicker and didn't last nearly as long.

Last edited:
Phenibut is extremely fun for me. Perfect for a relaxed Saturday or Sunday. I take a teaspoon in my mouth and wash it down!! I was using it once a week for awhile but started getting tolerance longer hangovers so I haven't done it in awhile.

I have been experimenting with F-Phenibut for a while now at doses ranging from 250mgs--1,000mgs and know all about how it effects me personally.

My favorite dosage is 1,000mgs personally but it leaves me knocked out for like 15 hours the night after and is very sedating and the tub suggests no more than 250mgs but that dosage is just SUCH a mild high.

I WAY WAY prefer it to regular Phenibut, I mean there's no comparison whatsoever.

The more I take the longer it lasts and I've felt 1,000mgs for up to 30 hours at a time and it routinely lasts that long, but lower dosages may last more like 16 hours or so.

I regularly work out on it and that provides a great effect and have mixed it with Kratom, alcohol, weed, nitrous and caffeine.

It gives me great dreams as well.

Doses ranging from 250mg (which is really too light for a great effect but gives a nice extra "buzz" to the day to 550mgs are good to be functional and not knocked out forever that night.

I have actually written several posts about this substance on this forum if you want to look them up, where I go into more detail, and my guess is that I'm about as experienced as anyone on this forum with this stuff.

I have never had any WD symptoms and I know I can keep it that way cause if I ever use 1,000mg doses I won't use it more than twice a week, (NEVER 2 days in a row at that dose), but I've done doses ranging from 250--450 mgs 3-4 times in a week, which I think is too often and won't do again...but the most I got was one day I had mild social anxiety the day after, but I have social anxiety anyway so it might or might not have been mild rebound effect.

It's really good stuff...WAY better IMO than regular Phenibut for reasons I could go into if asked.

I hope it's not significantly more dangerous, which I tend to doubt it is so far as I've experienced so few side effects, but it most certainly is stronger there's no question about that.

If done sporadically and spaced out at least like I have, at least FOR ME, it seems not to produce dependence, but it would if I did it too often so it's ESSENTIAL no one does.

I've learned the ropes with it well enough so far that I'm confident I can continue to be fine with the stuff if not used more frequently or in higher doses than I have so far.

If anyone has any questions then just ask.

I hope everyone did see the problem with using scoops to measure mass? A scoop measures volume. So let's say I have a 15 gram scoop, aka a Tablesppon (15mL). It can measure 15 grams just fine (it came from a factory with specs tighter than for the LHC, coated with a water-repellent substance from beyond the solar system). As long as what you want is 15 grams of ultra-pure water. At 4C, 1atm.

How much does 15mL of aqueous uranium oxide weigh? Or 15mL of hydrogen gas?

Anyway, this is about whether that counts as a trip report or not.

For all the comparisons being made, the proper reference is not phenibut. This is baclofen, with a fluorine atom where the chlorine is, on baclofen. My question then is how this compares to baclofen, and can anyone share a theory for producing differential effects by swapping one halogen with another? Presumably they at least still target the same receptors?

I've never done baclofen so I don't know how they compare, only how it compares to regular Phenibut.

I'd definitely tell everyone to use a milligram scale like I do and not a scoop as it is much more accurate.

I knew you were being a smartass, Bud, but there are less-informed viewers in our studio audience, and they'll eat the paint chips if you're not careful.

lol @ paint-chips... does one dip or just dive in? hahaha <-sorry but had a good laugh: Wife asked what I am laughing at. I tell her paint-chips. anyway....
I just got a tub of phenibut and the package says dosage is 250mg (~Half of scoop). Just broke it out and put it to the scale (leveled scoop weight varies between .40-.45 grams). Digitals are in need if there is gonna be experimentation with any bulk product if there be any attempt at control/caution: This is of course my own opinion and we all have them.
That being said: I am new to it and have dosed twice... yesterday afternoon @ 250 (weighed) and this morning about 800-900 (scooped) before work. I know when it hits me as a big-ass grin spreads across my face for a few seconds... hilarious. .

Hello BL'ers, long time no see. Sorry in advance for the length & lack of TLDR.

I had quite a history with phenibut HCl back in the day (my whole story on that affair is here) but it's been a long, long, long time since I've used any of that and really any drugs at all in fact.

Please note during this following ordeal in particular I was 100% drug abstinent with the exception of very occasional Etizolam use (like once/month).

This involves F-Phenibut, also known as Fluorophenibut. I saw it for sale about 6 months ago at a popular vendor and thought it may bring back the original magic of the phenibut experience so I ordered it. Prior to that I hadn't touched phenibut (HCl, FAA or otherwise) for at least a year since it brought me nothing but negative effects. As an aside the vendor in question has purity tests which are always upwards of 99.7% pure so I am certain it was the real deal.

My first time taking this new f-phenibut I orally ingested 100mg dose and it gave me a very light-headed, dizzy & borderline scary come-up followed by many of the typical symptoms such as uplifted mood, motivation, social anxiolysis and deep sleep on queue (with occasional yet scary sleep paralysis episodes). One thing I should note is the first time I took it I fell asleep on a couch while eating and someone tried waking me and apparently I was totally out, they were playing cymbals, loud music, anything to wake me and I wouldn't budge. Scary, but not enough to get me to stop at the time. I experimented with the potential for physical addiction by using a few days in a row and jumping off cold turkey -- each time I experienced no withdrawal symptoms other than taking an extra 30 minutes to fall asleep the first night.

Thus began my use of f-phenibut daily every day for the next 3 months with doses ranging from 300mg-1gram/day. The one thing I love about the phenibut class is that it gets me really, really motivated & gives an ultra-enhanced appreciation of music so I was hitting the gym daily and never felt better.

However one day 6 weeks ago there was a sign that something may be wrong which came toward the tail end of my routine morning 3-mile run. I'd begin having a dull-to-sharp pain in my chest, specifically in the area of my heart. At that point I'd stop my run and all would be well after a few minutes of cooling down. I am prone to anxiety especially anything related to my heart or breathing so it was extremely disconcerting at the time so I decided I should cut back on the f-phenibut. While cutting back I was still doing my morning runs and still having the pain that would go away afterwards. One day (about a month ago now) everything changed.

I got off the treadmill and instead of cooling down my heart continued racing like I was still on the treadmill -- upwards of 185 beats/minute (my normal running rate is 155 beats/minutes) which culminated in a minor panic attack at the gym which went away on the ride home. However this time the chest pain remained. I finished my morning routine getting ready and went to work. Chest still hurting, like a dull aching pain. With each ache my heart would pound faster. I tried dosing f-phenibut in hopes it would relax me, instead it had a paradoxical effect which had my heart racing 190 beats/minute culminating in a full-blown panic attack. I told my boss I needed to go to the hospital because I think I'm having a heart attack -- it was surreal.

Arriving at the hospital they immediately do an EKG since I'm only 30 they thought it could be serious. The EKG came back "no heart attack" but my heart was still hurting and racing intermittently. They did blood work and everything was good so they discharged me with a referral to see a cardiologist.

Fast forward one month today and I haven't touched f-phenibut (or any phenibut) since the trip to the ER. My heart is still hurting with a nearly constant dull pain with intermittent palpitations and "shooting" pains. I am still having panic attacks daily (prior to all this my last full-blown panic attack was during a bad mushroom trip in high school over 10 years ago) and there seems to be no end in sight. Even a single sip of caffeinated coffee will send my heart racing to red zone levels. I can't do my morning runs anymore either because I'll get sharp chest pains and my heartbeat skyrockets way past normal levels so I'm naturally terrified of what would happen if I attempted one of my 3-mile runs. I don't know what this drug did to me but it is nothing to take lightly. I'd trade this for the worst phenibut HCl withdrawal you can imagine any day and trust me I've had plenty of them but they were over by the 5th or 6th day. I'm starting to think I've done long-term damage with this research chamical and thanks to the fact that it's not been through clinical trials there's no real technical literature outside the guys over on the advanced drug discussion forum here on BL.

The one saving grace which makes me think it may be some serious anxiety and not truly my heart is that when I take 2MG of Etizolam the pain disappears completely as well as the accompanying panic attacks.

I'm supposed to find out either way next week when I see a cardiologist for stress test and a 72-hour halter monitor. I'll keep you guys posted.
Not to mods: if you need a question in this post to keep it in OD then I'd like to ask if anyone has experienced and heart-related issues specifically from the phenibut class.

EDIT: as fucked up as it sounds part of me typed this out so that on the off chance that I seriously damaged myself and I die hopefully my family and friends will know the truth of what happened.

Last edited:
That sounds really unpleasant OP. I hope everything works out for you. I also had some weird issues with my heart a few years ago that no doctor was able to diagnose, and that no medication relieved. I was like you, I couldn't have a sip of coffee or even a bite of chocolate without my heart exploding out of my chest. Eventually it did go away, thank god.

I would definitely take it easy on the physical exertion and all stimulants until you figure out the issue. Flouro-phenibut is too new for us to really have a good idea of its long term effects... A doctor would know better than us anyway.

Good luck!

Are you sure this is the F-baclofen, OP? The only med you still take is the etizolam, and it's the only thing that takes the pain away.

A lot like I used to be with booze, the only thing that could take my pain away . . . . I know etizolam is said to be less prone to dependence, but it's still a substantial risk, and people can get hooked on anything.

have you considered the possibility that the shorter half life could cause interdose WD much more readily than traditional phen? you were using daily for months ... 'heart pain', tight chest, panic attacks, trouble breathing are all classic gaba withdrawal symptoms, IME.

Whoa, just realized, I mean, it's probably the etizolam at this point--since taking more relieves your symptoms--but you were taking an enormous dose of your f-baclofen.

Cl-phenibut, aka, baclofen, has a FDA rec. maximum daily dose of 80mg, divided. It seems clear that swapping a chlorine for a fluorine actually just makes it a slightly weaker version of regular baclofen, but even if it was only half the potency of regular baclofen, that would mean you shouldn't exceed 160mg/day. You claim you were taking up to a gram, which almost certainly would have caused major side effects and a serious withdrawal syndrome.

You're lucky to have escaped your "F-Phenibut" experience without a hangover.

Don't believe me? Pick the F-baclofen from the F-phenibut:

JMLh79J.png

Last edited:
What to do?

As advised by others in previous thread I tried the 'road well travelled' route first of trying baclofen. The effect seemed very much in the right direction but it felt dirty in terms of body load not the psychoactive effect and not just a subliminal thing I had a load of junk on my tonsils which I never usually get after a day or two after I took it. Tried it 2 times and same dirty feeling on the body. I cannot abid an anxiolytic (or any drug) if it feels uneasy in the body and I can't wait for it to clear out of my system.

I would like to try the flouro version especially since I recall how I used to think regular amphetamine was so dirty and vile then I tried 2-fa and that baby was clean as a whistle; I could hardly believe it.

A few years ago I was less cautious and I rationalised that if other are taking a substance and doing ok then no probs why I shouldn't try.

But now I am alot more anxious about trying anything new but especially unresearched things. I almost made an order. I had ordered but just didn't end up paying as my anxiety spiked at the thought.

On the other hand it does sound like it could be a boon to one's life for the positive benefits it could offer.

It surely can't be that risky to take it riiiight? considering how much crap alot of the more reckless rc sceners shovel into themselves constantly. I mean there are serious problems now and then but for the amount of stuff people take it is very rare isn't it in comparison.

Look at all the thousands of kids who were taking mephedrone when it was legal or when mdma first came around in the 90s millions probably. Not to say that just cos alot of people are doing it is a good idea of course :) but maybe just that everything is unresearched at some point and the question is whether or not you should have to wait around for the pharma industry to catch up if something arrives which seems more promising than their offerings.

And it isn't like a total outlier drug eh? so far the consensus from the gathered subjective experiences is that it behaves just as expected.

I mean if flouro substitution is such a common practice in the pharma industry why is this any different. I mean if it has been done 100 times in pharma industry and the result was just as expected can we not infer with a good amount of confidence that this being 101 that it will behave like the other times?

I am trying to figure what is hypochondria vs real risk.

Tons of the rcers are taking rc benzoes all the time aren't they without incident? not to mention all the other sustitutions for all the other classes.

Last edited:
So you are trying to justify your use of F phenibut by saying that other people use it and other RC's?

If there is no research or history of use on the substance then there is no research or history of use. While most drugs have an implied "use at your own risk" disclaimer, the RC market has an additional loophole that most of these drugs are brand new and have not ever been used in humans.

I suggest doing your own in depth research before you pull the trigger and not just falling prey to the "other people do it, can't be that bad" mentality.

What to do ... hmm ... how about ... let me think about it ... hmm ...

aaaah ! Abstaining !

Please be careful with F-Phenibut!
It seems a lot more euphoric and moreish than regular Phenibut and obviously Baclofen but since its very new and unresearched it might posses some dangers. I have seen a person who took too much F-Phenibut with alcohol over a course of night and the person woke up with swollen patches of skin all over head and neck - it looked pretty alarming to me. I do not take more than 100mg of it and only rarely but damn it feels good paired with a stimulant or psychedelic...

Hello BL thanks for the responses, wanted to update to let you all know I'm still alive and what a hell of a couple months that was. It was indeed GABA withdrawal from the F-Phenibut causing these heart issues.. I HIGHLY recommend avoiding this stuff altogether if you're considering it although admittedly I was using the f-phenibut for 5 months straight. I have been through all sorts of hellish withdrawal with regular phenibut HCl but nothing compared to this especially when it came to duration. This withdrawal made me truly think I was dying of heart complications for roughly two months (end of February til the end of last month). I was getting "episodes" of very real heart pain, palpitations & tachycardia that would usually culminate in a massive panic attack. This was daily, every day for 2 months. I am still not 100% right but the episodes have disappeared and I'm left with a more manageable form of generalized anxiety. I still can't drink more than a small cup of coffee per day and I'm still too afraid to resume my morning runs.

Several thousand dollars later all my tests (stress test, holter monitor, EKG, etc) came back negative for actual heart issues so it's all related to GABA withdrawal which is why etizolam would (temporarily) cure my episodes. As much as I tried to tell myself it was withdrawal this truly made you think it was something more, like some kind of irrational psychosis. So yeah, avoid this compound, stick to regular phenibut HCl.