• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

F-phenibut may cause irreversible GABAb receptor damage

Snafu in the Void

Moderator: NMI Bukowski Jr.
Staff member

this study was invitro however it worries me a bit

I'm not scientific enough to truly understand this study but apparently what it means is that F-Phenibut may cause permanent, irreversible damage to GABAb receptors (compared to phenibut and baclofen?). If anyone has access to this journal I'd love to read the full study.

I've always wondered why phenibut is such a weird drug, one which 3g doses make me feel mildly relaxed and sleepy.... yet a 4g dose will cause me to blackout and have horrible side effects like brain zaps paired with flashy visual spots/hallucinations.

I can't read the study so I'm not sure if they are talking about toxicity or any dose at all...

hxxps://sci-hub.do/10.1016/j.ejphar.2020.173437

TLDR. Japanese researchers working for the government waste a huge amount of money and time pointlessly patch clamping neurons to discover that F-Phenibut is slightly less potent than Cl-Phenibut (Baclofen). Baclofen is an approved drug. They also re-discover Baclofen is more potent than Phenibut (which is why Baclofen was developed.) So what? Nothing indicates special toxicity around F-Phenibut vs Baclofen.

So having nothing useful to say and wasted a lot of time and money they conclude because F-Phenibut is more potent than Phenibut everybody should be very very afraid, but for some reason you should not scared of baclofen which is even more potent and therefore scary than F-Phenibut. Nobody has told these idiots that one enantiomer (mirror image) is even more potent and even more scary, or maybe that is their next junk paper?

In other news these Japanese researchers also discover after a long and expensive study the sky is blue and speculate because it is blue it will fall down.

Here is an unrelated paper that is equally a waste of time and money. It talks about how covid is caused due to geological magnitism and you should wear a jade amulet for prophylaxis.

Phenibut and baclofen is quite similar compounds, 4fluro should be of course more close to baclofen but weaker about 2 times. Btw 4-iodo derivative probably slightly stronger...I guess 4-bromo also should have about equivalent potency with baclofen, maybe I'll be able to brominate phenibut soon! It will be unreally cool if I'll get it successfully,.... 3-4g doses, man its quite to more I should say. Thanks to god, you didn't try baclofen(i think you didn't try it, its many times stronger, and overdoses a lot easier and dangerous). About dosages, there is one thing called "therapeutic index"...

Here is an unrelated paper that is equally a waste of time and money. It talks about how covid is caused due to geological magnitism and you should wear a jade amulet for prophylaxis.
"The publisher regrets that this article has been temporarily removed. A replacement will appear as soon as possible in which the reason for the removal of the article will be specified, or the article will be reinstated."
Scientific establishment:1
Gwyneth Paltrow:0

IN VITRO? seriously??

anyway, im pretty damn sure 100% alcohol, ethanol or w/e probably, very likely, causes 10x the damage not only to GABA receptors but all receptors! so, yeah, pick your poison. little bit or go ALL CRAZY!!!
Ive personally seen human beings close to me lose ALL THEIR BRAINS to alcohol. YET! NOBODY TALKS ABOUT THE DAMAGE ALCOHOL CAUSES AND NOBODY CARES HOW TO STOP AND REVERSE IT.
The only thing discussed IS, rehab or just stop drinking. VERY SIMPLE, VERY EASY, YES!? ABSOLUTELY!!!! *shakes head*