Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Eyes on Bluelight

MazDan

Bluelight Crew
Hi everyone.

In an attempt to increase the number of new eyes visiting Bluelight, Im inviting bluelighters to contribute to a think tank with your ideas on how to introduce new people to bluelight.

As you would know, Bluelight provides important information for drug users worldwide.

The problem is how to introduce people to this vast arena of information.

That is where you come in.

Im interested in any ideas you have for promoting Bluelight to those who most need it.

Feel free to add any ideas, no matter how wild they may be. Your idea may or may not be workable but more importantly it just might be the trigger for another idea from someone else.

All thoughts will be seriously considered by Bluelight admin.

Best wishes and keep smiling all.

I’ve just recently joined bluelight. All I’ve seen are positive experiences and encounters with others. Before I joined bluelight I pursued the website for many months. At first it was intimidating. That sounds silly, but it’s the truth. Now that I’m slightly more accustomed to the structure of the website I more easily use it’s functions. I truly appreciate the ridiculous amount of work that I’m sure goes into a site like this, but my constructive criticism would be to improve the mobile experience. Nothing is inherently wrong with the way it is, but the reason for my early intimidation was the navigation of the website on mobile. Compared to similar sources, like Reddit, it is more difficult to pick up and use. There is information on the website, but at first that was difficult for me to find. I’m not saying copy reddit, but in my mind there might be a medium between the two that would attract more users. Thanks for this incredible source to the community

Cheers for the feedback and I will ensure that it is passed on and given consideration.

You brought back memories for me of my first visits and how overwhelming the site was back then with such a mountain of information and a zillion buttons. Learning how to use those and the navigation of bluelight was like trying to understand the control panel of a 747. I was always worried that at any moment I might press the wrong button and the plane would go down in flames. I guess with anything new, there is a learning curve and with time I managed to climb above the clouds and find some clear sky.

Im not familiar with using a mobile to access bluelight, I have enough trouble seeing a full size screen, was there any specific problems that you encountered? Say if you could make a few changes to improve that useability..........what would you do?

I put some thought into this before responding, so sorry for the later response. I think it would’ve been an easier learning curve if there were less buttons to press. Maybe more collapsable and expandable tabs to make some of the features less intimidating? I’m not too sure really. Now that I’m more accustomed to the website it’s hard to say. Finding threads can sometimes be difficult, but I’m not experienced in website design to know how to make that easier. It did indeed feel like the cockpit of a 747 at the start. Maybe make some buttons more contrasting against the background. It’s hard to say. I guess it’s not difficult to use the website. I had no trouble learning. It’s just intimidating at first. That’s what kept me off as a user for so long

Thanks to everyone who was able to put forward ideas and insight into this project in the various threads throughout BL.
Its greatly appreciated and everything will be passed onto Admin for them to look into further.
Best wishes and keep smiling all.

Mazza.

Also, when I use "search", it's always at most 10 pages, never more. We have such an amount of information here that putting a limit like such is a shame.
Other than that, I have been here since the beginning and other similar sites don't even come close to BL. The general attitude, the amount of correct information and real users with real experience are the best.
Thanks.