• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Eyeballing doses

05K3

Greenlighter
Got a gram of some good MDMA crystal, I wanna take some tomorrow however I wish to understand more about eyeballing a dose. I have some scales which are .0g accurate however they're not the greatest scales in the world and sometimes display incorrect measurements.
My question to you is if I were to crush up the crystals into a fine powder, weigh them to say 0.2g (200mg) as a starting point, and split them into even piles, adjusting if any looked larger / smaller due to inaccurate scales, would this be okay? If I split a gram into 7 caps (decreasing the initial 200mg weighed dose) surely I wont end up with a dangerous dose, just some slightly stronger & weaker caps, right?
Anyway peace, any advice is welcomed!

by using a .1 scale your dose could vary by up to 100mg. For example, .1 on the scale could actually be close to 200mg.

I would put in just enough to trigger the scale from .0 to .1

Start small and understand the risks that you truly have no idea what you are weighing out. Also test your shit!

My advice. Get better scales. I don't care if you wanna roll tmw. If you dose more accurately, you'll have better rolls and probably save money in the long run.

In my opinion, eye-balling—in other words, making a visual assessment—is never more rewarding than it is risky. Precision and control are key here.

My advice is to abstain from taking shortcuts and try not to be so parsimonious about buying the necessary accoutrements for any endeavor—be it IVing heroin, copulating with hookers, or measuring out ecstacy.

And in your particular case, i dont see how the potential risk with eye-balling is less than its benefit. On the one hand, your hasty guestimation could be wrong and you die. On the other hand, you cough up the cash to procure a good scale and live, albeit a few dollars poorer. Hmm... is the decision really so much of a quandary or are you being unreasonably stingy or impatient? (No offense)

The quality and kind of scale you'd need aren't exorbitantly priced. You'd be out of a few grand if you bought an adequate scale to weigh a dose of LSD, for example.

Thankfully, MDMA is not measured in micrograms. What you'd require is an average quality scale with a readability of no greater than 0.001 g and no less than 0.0001 g. The maximum capacity shouldn't be of any concern, insofar as it's >10.0 grams, but the capacity of most scales usually surpass 10.0 g, anyway.

If i bored you with verbosity, the gist is: don't be so confident in your vision—or percepts in general —to bet your life on it. Search Amazon or something and you'd surely find a good and operable scale.

Best thing to do is to get a better scale, they're pretty much cheap. Failing that, weigh up a dose of .2 (or 200mg), then get rid of about a quarter of the sample. That would put you roughly around 130-170mg, depending on how accurate you've managed it. But, unfortunately you'll never know.

I have 2 cheap scales with 0.1g _reported_ accuracy. I've bought it for totally different use than measuring MDMA. With my experience I can say that though the readings are at 0.1 intervals, the scal is not 0.1 accurate. Especially in the low end of the scale (below 0.5 grams), the results are not always linear and not always repeatable. Meaning: I have a constant weight item, which put on the scale may give 0.3 on one reading, 0.4-0.5 on another etc.
I would not risk getting dose that could be underdose or two to three times the preferred dose but invest on decent scale.

In all reality I don't think the scales have to be that great.

0.001g I think is over excessive.

0.01g is adequate. Plus or minus 10mg wont make hardly any difference.

0.1g is NOT ACCURATE ENOUGH. +/- 99mG is kinda sketchey particularly if the product is relatively strong.

Accuracy +/- 10% would be perfectly adequate. A $20 pair from a famous auction site would be very workable. No need to try and figure anything else out just pay up $20 and problem solved.

Thanks for all your advice, unlike other people who post on here I have decided to listen to your recommendations. I have purchased an appropriate scale and have postponed my roll :) Thanks for all your feedback, guys!

Thanks for all your advice, unlike other people who post on here I have decided to listen to your recommendations. I have purchased an appropriate scale and have postponed my roll :) Thanks for all your feedback, guys!

Good call. Enjoy!