• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

extreme thc sensitivity. anyone else?

narcomick

Bluelighter
Hi. When i first smoked weed, as i have heard can happen, i felt nothing. It took a few times before i was affected and those times were amazing. Over time, however, my tolerance actually lowered unless i smoked continiously, till the point where a piece of bud the size of a pinhead, then literaly even as small as a rice grain was easily enough for me, even that could cause panic if i hadn't smoked in a while. One puff of your average joint would now have me in a state of terror, tripping balls, and god knows what else. In fact i have actually tripped smoking very small amounts at times, though these were potent sativas. I don't currently smoke weed due to some bad anxiety issues that developed before i quit, but am planning to soon and will be smoking some low thc high cbd indica that an aquaintence of mine is growing (CBD Critical Cure) I miss when i could smoke loads and have enjoyable effects. I know in part its the anxiety, but my tollerance has dropped very much between age 16 -18. Anyone know why this could be? Literaly breathing in a small amount of smoke while around friends who are smoking gets me high now. I use cbd oil too, even that gets me slightly buzzed although i imagine its just placebo. Hoping the critical cure i will be smoking later this year will help, im just confused about the whole reverse tollerance issue. Any help apreciated. :)

Last edited:
Salutations NarcoMick,

...a piece of bud the size of a pinhead... ... One puff of your average joint would now have me in a state of terror...

Hummm...

Sorry, that happens when i light up my time machine: you've been accidentally caught in some secondary wake while i was traveling, in my veranda!... Sincere appologies.

Live long and prosper!! =D

Unless you are quite tolerant, smoking even more than 1 hit of really good weed often pushes people beyond just "high". I see it all the time. That's when people start getting paranoid, think it's laced, etc. If you're one of these people, try taking even 1 tiny hit and see what that does for you.

Egzoset.. i have no idea what you meant there XD and phee thanks for the reasurance, one hit i can usually tolerate unless its really potent, like over 20% thc like most strains these days, thats why im getting a nice indica strain in.

Yeah, it's really common.
I love weed and i've smoked it for ~20 years - but when my tolerance has been really low at times where i've taken a break, it can be overwhelming.

A lot of my friends won't touch cannabis because it causes them a great deal of anxiety. I kinda consider myself lucky that i can (and do!) enjoy it.
I tend to think that with strong weed, you need to have a bit of tolerance to enjoy it.
People tend to downplay how intense cannabis is, because it's not dangerously toxic - but when you have a bad time on weed you have a really fucking bad time. Just take it slow and do it in places you are safe and comfortable if you are going to partake :)

Higher CBD strains should definitely help.

Egzoset.. i have no idea what you meant there XD

He gets so high that he time travels in his veranda, dude.

I've never caught a temporal anomaly but time sure feels like it's speeding up and/or slowing down sometimes when I get high enough.

Yeah i get time dilation when i smoke and have a bad time, when im having a good time it seems to go too fast haha. I find taking a benzo really enhances the euphoria and relaxation and kills the anxiety, potentiates the hell outta the benzo aswell. But yeah hopefully a high cbd strain should allow me to enjoy weed the way nature intended. Never time traveled though.. not on weed anyway.. dunno what strain he's smoking XD

Hi again NarcoMick,

Yeah i get time dilation... ... Never time traveled though...

It's a feeling we seem to share, though actually it may have taken place already, but just not yet...

;)

...accidentally caught in some secondary wake while i was traveling, in my veranda!...

I see it all the time.

Yeah, it's really common.

...time sure feels like it's speeding up and/or slowing down sometimes...

See!! I knew it was fucking contagious!...

Cap'tain Canuck must be called to the rescue or something! :p

Please describe the consumption method and its associated ritual in details, if you don't mind.

Good day, have fun!! =D

Did a little research and apparently theres good reason alot of us can't handle our weed. Back in the 60s most weed had about 1-4 percent thc max, versus todays 15-30 percent. Heres a quote from merryjane com..

"Older folks often make a point to tell you that today's medical marijuana is much stronger than what they smoked back in the day—even bordering on psychedelic. Believe it or not, this has been verified multiple times over. It’s even prompted calls for government-imposed THC limits. The results may still surprise you, as scientists have uncovered more interesting facts about the recent history of cannabis and rise in potency.

It’s still difficult to determine the exact numbers behind the potency shift, since most of the cannabis industry’s activities have taken place underground. From what researchers can tell, the main psychoactive compound in cannabis, delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), used to hang around 1 to 4 percent of total cannabinoid content in the 1970s. Now, the average is more like 13 percent, but in sophisticated markets like Colorado, Washington, and California, you can easily find flowers well above 30 percent THC potency."

Yup, genetics have really developed a lot since cannabis became part of an underground (and lucrative) drug culture.
I smoked a bit of weed recently that my friends grew in their backyard.
It really looked nice before they harvested, but when smoked, it just seemed like garbage. Didn't taste great, and i didn't really get high because i have a tolerance to strong, well grown hydroponic weed.
The difference was quite startling because i haven't smoked shitty homegrown in years - but i know a lot of people who don't smoke much who prefer that kind of weed. My friends seemed happy with it too, but alas, i'm used to stronger stuff these days.

It's cool that awareness of CBD is increasing, however, as a more balanced ratio of THC:CBD can make the ride a lot smoother for some people.

Hi again,

Back in the 60s most weed had about 1-4 percent thc max...

Right, it's true we heard that before; actually it's still a striking argument on nation-wide French-speaking Canuck TV, on occasions:

Tou.TV: Marina Orsini - Saison 02 Épisode 26

« ...faut savoir que par rapport à '72 t'avais en général 1 % d'THC. Maintenant t'as toujours plus que 8 et y'a eu des saisies à 36 % d'THC. ... On va parler de l'autre effet qui est l'effet placébo... ...J'chus g'lé pis j'm'en sac'e... ... ...c'est moins addictif que l'alcool mais par contre y'a plus de goudron... »

Another truth is that i can't care less: i was NOT consuming leaves at all, instead i was a hashish smoker and here's what our Canuck elite allowed as an option for young persons at the time:

289df6p.jpg

Admire my cylindrical "tokeu" on the left side, it happened to be my daily consumption method (and was also incredibly dirty!)...

8)

Nonetheless it took many decades for me to switch from a bigot anti-cannabic prohibitionist legacy to something more socially-acceptable. That's my alternative solution, my customized VG pipe ("vapo"), on the right side, and i don't have to thank those good doctors for it! On the contrary... History recorded that it was pharmacist$ and doctor$ who 1st gained control over "Indian Hemp" in this miserable country, based on more faulty grounds, serving ZERO good purpose(s), etc.

:|

Take note the tokeu cries « "ABUSE"! », while my new vapo is quite another story and yet i had to use some determination to get there.

Now i repeat NarcoMick, please describe YOUR consumption method and ritual in detail. I'm after hints that this could be "vilifying" the noble molecules, but i'm hoping it's only a false intuition, hey?...

It's cool that awareness of CBD is increasing, however, as a more balanced ratio of THC:CBD can make the ride a lot smoother for some people.

M'yeah, Switzerland has tobacco substitutes as legal as tomatoes, so why not on the land of Captain Itnoc too?? On another hand i'd much prefer something balanced because if it's true THC and CBD are the Ying/Yang of each other then i'd try to avoid extremes with any of both. Then comes the consumption method: it needs to be considered just as important than what's consumed because this affects ritual which reflects on long-term habits/profile i believe. So i'd have a change of "tool" if mine proved inapropriate - which i did.

Good day, have fun!! =D

Last edited:
I strongly believe that CBD is almost essential for long term cannabis use. Sativa strains with +15% THC and very little CBD have always lead me to suffer with slight mental health issues after more than a few days of use. Mainly anxiety and a very irrational/illogical thought process, but I can see how it could branch into something more severe for some people.
These days I use for medical reasons as well as recreation, so I stick to Indica dominant strains, a ratio of 1:4 cbd:thc is ideal for everyday use, imo.