View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

extreme lysergamide sensitivity?

al-laddin

Bluelighter
Or more specifically LSD. Ok so the threshold dose is suspposedly 20-30 UG , but I know people that don't feel anything subjectively up until atleast 50-60 ug, and that's like threshold for them, and then I have a friend that can trip moderately off of a QUARTER TAB of some fairly weak stuff like 50ug tabs. I mean Im sure that this person has to "feel" about 10 ug.. complete with tracers and mild oevs. What gives? Is this person BSing me or can some people be effected by sub-threshold doses? Makes me wonder.

PS same person can eat the smallest little morsel of some dried cubensis and "feel" full effects as well albeit mild.

It's possible, at least to my knowledge, as i'm the same way, I could feel psychedelics with a very small portion. But than again i'm very skinny. That could have something to do with it. But i'm curious as well.

na they say that compounds that ae acticve in such small doses like lsd don't matter much in regards to weight/size. Substances like alcohol on the other hand do.

BUt, do you feel full on effects or just threshold?

Some people are very sensitive to LSD and other drugs, while others are less sensitive. Also, it's really really hard to accurately measure a dose of LSD in the 10 mcg range, it could be that your friend took more than they thought.

Does he consistently have strong experiences on 1/4 of the dosage others are taking? Because of course there can be differences in the potency of some blotters, not that long ago I had Fat Freddys Cat blotters that were considered to be quite unreliable / inconsistent, admitted by all.

No body weight does not to matter much at all, according to a lot of anecdotal evidence. So yeah people just react differently due to psychological factors and things like receptor population density (the amount of receptors in your brain the drug acts on to give primary effects), but also the enzymes that are supposed to break down the drug to dispose of it.

I would say that I have a high sensitivity to psychedelics in a sense - similarly even tiny 'tastes' seem to give me some effects, and I tend to feel effects from anything I come into contact with much sooner than is typical. For instance I reckon lsd gives me those 'first alerts' after as little as fifteen minutes. After a session putting some tryptamines in caps for a friend I was tripping quite strongly for several hours, despite being careful about inhalation/accidental ingestion and so on.

I don't seem to be more sensitive in terms of 'full effects' however, in that a 'normal dose' is not super-strong for me. Indeed with acid I tend to enjoy reasonably high doses (250ug - according to the hearsay of how much two drops was worth from the bottle - was a good standard amount for me). I can only offer two possible reasons for these things - either I am very well tuned to my mind-state so notice even small shifts brought about by psychedelics, or I have a very strong power of auto-suggestion and create my own 'threshold effects'.

For a further example - before really doing any research into dosage I nibbled a couple of crumbs of amanita muscaria that I had been given, out of curiosity. I reported experiencing slight sparkles etc. Having done a bit of reading a few days later I realised that I'd eaten FAR less than would usually be considered even the most perceptible of amounts. So yeah, either I'm sensitive to small amounts, or I'm making it up!

Is this person BSing me

I just want to point out that this could be a possibility. I knew someone who would pretend to trip on tiny amounts of mushrooms because he was afraid of taking the doses but didn't want to be left out. Not saying anything about your friend, but it's not out of the question that he's just getting placebo type effects and playing along to fit in.

Some people are more sensitive to psychedelic effects. I've found in recent times myself being much more affected by small doses of psychedelics than I used to be.

I would like to know how people can tell what's the dosage on the blotter. I tried 1/2 of blotter and I only felt really weird and saw colors brighter. Not sure if placebo

0.02 mg is probably a higher dose than the actual threshold for most people. Perhaps 99% had noticed 0.02 mg.

Dextromethorphan has a small (<100 mg) threshold and body weight is supposed to be important with that. With alcohol, and I suspect with any substance, your mental state may alter subjective effects; along with other substances, drugs or otherwise, that are in your system.

There are definitely very real differences in sensitivity to various drugs between people. I know people who can take a relatively high dose of caffeine and go to sleep. For me, this would mean a couple of hours before I even have a chance to fall asleep. I also used to trip with this one guy. We usually took the same dose from the same batch, and he would invariably be back to baseline and able to sleep many hours before I could.

I would like to know how people can tell what's the dosage on the blotter. I tried 1/2 of blotter and I only felt really weird and saw colors brighter. Not sure if placebo

Well, what if you know your source really well, have had numerous (100+) experiences with LSD at varying dosages. I lived near height-Ashbury in the early 90's. Im just saying I know my source really well I I knew my dosges within a 5-10ug range

0.02 mg is probably a higher dose than the actual threshold for most people. Perhaps 99% had noticed 0.02 mg.

Dextromethorphan has a small (<100 mg) threshold and body weight is supposed to be important with that. With alcohol, and I suspect with any substance, your mental state may alter subjective effects; along with other substances, drugs or otherwise, that are in your system.

Yeah that's true, I will notice a fraction of a blotter, but this person is reporting full effects from a fraction of a blotter or a few crumbs of mushrooms.

I think it should be possible, based on individual body chemistry. If he lacks certain enzymes, that may result in strong effects from very tiny doses of psychedelics. Also, some people like to tell stories. I knew a guy who would claim he could trip by touching LSD with his finger because enough would absorb (instantly, mind you) for him to trip because his brain "was so well tuned to psychedelics". This guy told a lot of stories, I think he wanted people to think he was cool and special.

Yeah that's true, I will notice a fraction of a blotter, but this person is reporting full effects from a fraction of a blotter or a few crumbs of mushrooms.

I think it should be possible, based on individual body chemistry. If he lacks certain enzymes, that may result in strong effects from very tiny doses of psychedelics. Also, some people like to tell stories. I knew a guy who would claim he could trip by touching LSD with his finger because enough would absorb (instantly, mind you) for him to trip because his brain "was so well tuned to psychedelics". This guy told a lot of stories, I think he wanted people to think he was cool and special.
The person is getting visuals from 12.5 micrograms or a bit of mushrooms.

If the person has experience with higher doses then this probably self-induced. The person may or may not be sensitive to the drugs. Prolonged hallucinogenic perception (visuals not related to the acute effects of intoxication) is a very common effect of LSD. This is like a placebo effect triggered by a mild dose.

Let me clear that up, there is a HUGE array of "full effects", including synesthesia, ego death, etc. I would rather not say "full effects"...the preson noticed VERY LIGHT effects but was enough to identify that it was LSD by its own distinct character. I remember taking a threshold dose by myself once in the middle of the night and found myself psychologically in extreme discomfort. I was emotional as well. I was reading some discussion about mans nature in the universe and began experiencing very pronounced emotional discomfort, and I found that I was having very profound thoughts regarding the subject, far more than usual. I spent the whole night in my room. This was probably 20ug and I didn't even really experience time dilation. Only an enhancement of colors no patterns, no trails. but I had equally profound thoughts and extreme emotions as I would on my usual 100ug, however I was able to "keep it together " better and follow more liner thought process. So the other person took half this (nearly) and had more pronounced visual effects but did not report mental effects nor did the person display any difference in bebhavior

SO the person, gets a low/moderate effect off of about 20-25 ug, half of that and the person gets image trailing color enhancement, light patterning,....they say the visual system is the most sensitive and complex system in the brain and it takes the longest for it to repair itself after psychedelics , hence hppd. just something I read and may relate to this individual maybe having an even MORE sensitive visual receptor system then average