• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Extreme Hallucinations on Nitrous Forcing me to Quit? Anyone else?

lyricabuddy

Bluelighter
I've been using nitrous quite a bit over the past couple months, like heavily every other weekend, as well as amphetamines and several other drugs which would be considered more benign, but the point is that I feel that any time I get too drug oriented and sacrifice sleep and nutrition, I never know what I am going to get each time I do nos, however up to this point Ive been able to roll with it.

Just last night, I had already been up all night the night before doing absurd amounts of dexedrine and I thought to myself, what better way to take my mind off the comedown before I go to bed than a box of chargers. I was driving in my car on the way back from the store and for whatever reason the first his I took created this electric vibe within my car and everything seemed to come to life in a big way. It was by no means a stronger version of a normal nos trip, this was something entirely different, like I could feel this invisible energy begin to surround me. On the second and third hit my car turned into a full blown nightclub where everything was colorful and oscillating to the music and there was even a dj in the back seat as if he was running the show for me poking his hear RIGHT up next to me as if to say "we're here, I hope you're ready to party". Also the bass seemed to be hugely amplified and every note was animated in a way that made it so novel and drew me into it like I never thought possible.

like I said, I was driving during all of this and cognitively speaking, I felt sober, unlike something like shrooms or lsd where you're basically in a dream state the whole time. The high I was experiencing was more about the energy and sheer amazement of seeing something that appeared SO real and being able to take it all in with FULL cognition I had no other choice at the time than to accept it as a gift from a supernatural force taking place around me, for me. The high was ALL about witnessing something so special and feeling so privlaged where the energy was pure joy, not intoxication from the nos itself. In fact, I was easily able to maintain my focus on the road despite all of this going on around me (not trying to justify). So to witness these events from a sober perspective was so intense it felt like winning the lottery like I was somehow chosen by beings from another reality because I was in one way or another 'deserving' amongst the millions and millions of people to see something this magnificent.

Whats more is each successive hit would be an entirely new trip from the one before filled with a new setting and characters within my car which kept getting more and more elaborate and 'over the top' from one to the next as if the creators of these hallucinations were trying to REALLY put on a show for me (JUST like it would be more entertaining for us to watch somebody on reality tv be put through something over the top to watch his reaction or provide him with extreme joy and awe filled moments such as in extreme home makeover). Initially, it was just a generic dj in the back seat bumping the tunes on tuntables as if controlling the radio, but then it got even crazier when out of the blue I had kanye, then Jay Z, rapping right next to me, mike in hand, FOR me like it was my show not to mention the various shapes and colors moving in tandem to the music to create something that really looked like a planned out show. Their figures were like holograms and not exact images but more like the shadow / aura of their presence, just enough that you could tell it was supposed to be them.

The reason all this was so profound is 1. like I said my cognition felt like I was in a sober state as in i was taking one hit of nos maybe every3 - 4 min -not enough to make me feel fucked up, but it somehow triggered this alternate reality that seemed to last forever. so to have such a tangible, ongoing hallucination hit me like witnessinng a miracle happen vs. accepting your experience in terms of being fucked up. and 2. the nature of these hallucinations were so elaborate, so seemingly deliberate in terms of creating the ultimate over the top experience, that I truly feel like they were planned out and given to me by something from another world. For example, at first, I had no idea what was going on and I witnessed the images of kanye and jay z BEFORE i could have ever conceived them on my own. I got the strong sense that I was being LED from each mini trip to the next.

Then, I thought I would try the same thing today to see if it still would work - still sleep deprived and on dexedrine i thought it probably would. To my amazement, very first hit i see this faint swirling of like a purple vapor occur before me (something that would NEVER happen before and ive always binged on nos) I was getting ready to be amazed when something went severely wrong. Second hit, now I'm really feeling it. I feel the same energy taking over my body just like before, only this time it felt more like static electricity and I could feel all my hair start to stand up (something I automatically associated with something evil like out of paranormal activity) Then I heard something whispering in my ear, then a pop from my back seat loud enough to really freak me out. So of course I stopped thinking okay, I'll just resume once I get back to my apartment. Things went from bad to worse. I'll spare the buildup, but eventually what ended up happening was I was hearing shit inside my head, then it came out my ear and started tickling me on my ear as if to say something along the lines of "you better believe we are real", but at this point it was still subtlle enough to chalk it up to sleep deprivation and I still thought it was just auditory. But then when I was like "no, fuck off, I know you're not real, I felt something like REALLY felt something retreat back into my ear, then crawl up and over my brain and burrow into the left side of my brain. It was as real as it gets, there was no questioning I felt it.

At that point I put down the nos and decided its not worth it to try ever again since this isnt the first time ive felt like ive been hijacked by something else in one way or another while doing nos.

My question is, has something like this ever happened to anyone else and also, about feeling something burrow inside and alll around my brain, how is it possible to hallucinate this if its never even crossed my mind in the past? It's not like it was some fear of mine that was being brought out by the nos... And its not like I was so fucked up on nos when it happened that I was dreaming it, at that point I could hhave easily held a conversation with someone. Lets say the hallucination did originate from my own conciousness because, scientifically, it would have to for me to see it, where did the idea for IT as a hallucination in my brains inventory of potential hallucinations come from? Its not like I was on DMT where the sky is the limit, To have something this random happen in a way that felt this real really raised concerns that maybe there is something really fucking with me. Sorry I got so carried away with this post but I would highly value your comments. Thanks

maybe its hppd? but i def wouldnt hit nitrous while driving, shit just hitting it and walking i lost balance, fell, hit my nightstand, and broke two teeth.. only hit it sitting down at home, or in a comfortable place, but since youre giving it up, i hope my warning helps others. i had a friend while we were in high school wreck her bmw z3 when they were pretty new while hitting n2o

how long were you consecutively awake for? the hallucinations may have something to do with the Dexedrine. I have gotten severe hallucinations from amphetamine psychosis.

Taking NOS which can have psychedelic properties is only going to further contribute to this.

My advise to you would be take a break from the Nitrous and amphetamines for a couple weeks. You seem to be a bit stressed out by this.

Just from skimming (ill try to revist this when I have more time) but unlike a lot of people I have had entire breakthrough experiences.of evolution, alien planets, new dimensions, entities, apes, death experiences, meeting god, DMT/ ketamine like visons, lived entire life times, abductions, intricate experiences.of being shown how different parts of my mind work from new.perspeces of leaving my body and lots.of ineffable things. Ill preface.this by saying I do not.have a lot.of things like schzophrenia that might cause me to hallucinate. One thing I noticed is that the experience was flat and 2 dimensional until I used DMT. My first box of whippits after that trip, just from a whippit, I had this intricate experience where a fairy like elf came down and pulled an orb out of. my face and congratulated me and calmly explained that everyone has one f these and this is made specially for you.It was incredibly life like and realistic like I had entered this cartoon.After that, for maybe a year, each time I used nitrous, I broke new ground in being shown, COMPLETELY new experiences and concepts each time. The innefa le kind where each one was not the experince, but the perception itself of an experience that was new. I still recall flashes of entire lifetimes I exoerienced as different things. Even solopism itself. Almost like I dunno a tourist ride thru all that is trippy or could be a perception.

Then like a year later, it sort of just stopped and the experience was no longer of the same character and instead became classic nitrous. I seriously started to believe in god for awhile during that period, as an atheaist, because the experiences were so unlike anything I could have came up with my own imagination. I spent time trying to understand why, and gave up. Id be interested to hear others experiences.

Are you saying you were driving WHILE taking hits of nitrous? :| Please don't do that...

I know, I'm not proud of driving on it, I let my urge to take a hit on the way back from the store get the better of me. I was awake for one night but I took a lot of dexedrine - over 160 mg

It's really great to hear your experience parrapa and that I'm not alone. Like you said, the experience was so unlike anything I could have ever imagined myself like watching a movie you have never heard of or know anything about for the first time. Because the movie has a coherent plot, that means that it took intelligence to create. Not only is the movie novel to you in terms of the plot, you can just tell the style and artistry of the movie is not from you either with 100? certainty. When someone shows me any work of art that wasn't done by me, I can tell for a fact it was not mine, not just because I don't remember doing it (you could have hypothetically made it while asleep or on drugs and not remember making it) but because you have an innate perception of how you think and the types of patterns, tendencies, and abilities that are inherent to you and you only.

This is completely different from trips on other drugs I've had where you are in a sense a PART of the movie in that your perception of yourself and how you relate to things changes within the trip, to fit the trip, or vice versa, (where what you perceive changes first, then you notice a shift in YOU as you create your individual way of relating to the hallucination). Therefore, if you hallucinate, as strange as it may be, you know it's because the essence of how you perceive, relate, and understand is being manipulated by the drug. I've been more or less an atheist for most my life. I've seen some CRAZY shit on acid. Not once did I ever have anything that felt like it without a doubt had to be from something supernatural. I never had a trip where I thought whoa, that's so crazy it might just be from something supernatural. I've always been able to explain everything away to changes in how I perceive, relate, and understand.

How can you explain hallucinations you know have ALREADY been thought out because they follow a sequence or pattern which clearly is not arbitrary or reliant on changes in your perception in order to invoke a response or understanding on your part. For example, you know a movie has already been thought out because you don't have to have a shift in perception to understand it. A movie to at least some degree has implications which are universal in meaning and purpose. While watching the movie, since your cognition and perception of yourself and how you relate to things has not changed, you know for a fact that it could not have possibly been a product of you . How can you explain a hallucination that has already been thought out, but you know has not come from you? You can't without bringing the supernatural into the picture, you just cant! You can explain a hallucination that has already been thought out, but might be from you, or a hallucination that is abstract in nature, but didn't come from you, but not a hallucination that you can deduce is both already thought out, and didn't come from you.

Am I missing something?

and rather than feeling like I was immersing myself INTO a trip, its as if the hallucinations were transplanted into MY reality if that makes sense. It's hard to put into words how it resonated psychologically in terms of making me believe fully it was an intervention from an intelligence outside of our world.

The most concrete example would be how could I literally feel static electricity around me lifting up my hair and feel things brushing against me plain as day when I wasn't even that intoxicated. Imagine for the sake of my explanation seeing visions, colorful visions in their entirety, while completely sober. Imagine the feelings that would come over you. The only difference was that since I was on nos I was able to know what unlocked it everything so it wouldn't be as much of a surprise by comparison. But ya once it was unlocked there was nothing different about it in terms of how it made me feel than if it were to happen while sober.

Now, at this point, I'm still developing my theories on the how and why this happened to me and I feel like I'm on to something big. I'm pretty new to these forums and don't post a lot, but if anyone would like to PM so we could bounce ideas off each other that would be extremely appreciated...

Last edited:
Sounds like it is the excess of amps that made you go loopy, I didn't read the entire thing yet though but still...

Nitrous can be too much when combined, I've experienced that first-hand with LSD. It wasn't that I tripped too hard but rather seizure territory. There was also another similar incident, and my best friend has also had this type of issues when he was on 2C-I and ket with me among other things.

Be careful, don't tilt.

I have experienced the same thing!! I started doing whippets heavily a couple weeks ago and have been doing it consistently since then. I started to feel like there were other people in the room last week but I couldn't place who they were or what conversations we were having. Tonight I had my most extreme talk but I couldn't remember any of it. Trying to remember, I did more and reached a black room with a lot of people in it. They were all breathing into balloons and it felt very familiar. I was talking to the person next to me and I can't remember anything they said but the point was that they would see if I could come back to the state if I remembered them. I said I would remember every time but they said ok, we'll make u spit out your balloon involuntarily and you can come back if you remember how. This happened many times until I started recording myself and saying out loud what was happening. I eventually realized after thinking really hard about it to do more whippets. l did and retuned, there was a crazy looking person blowing into a balloon trying very hard to accomplish something that wasn't working. They said the joke was that that's what I look like, not being able to get any farther into that world. It feels like another dimension and it took a lot of work to get there. Is this similar to anything anyone else has experienced?

Seeing yourself as a sort of projection and being confronted by your folleys can happen on various drugs that cause an altered state of consciousness. Maybe iboga / ibogaine reports will really vibe with you.

It works best if it involves dissociation, because that is the best way for an immersive breakthrough experience.

There is no reason why this other dimension would not be in your mind, our normal sober dimension is in fact also in our mind (we cannot directly experience reality) - but that doesn't mean it has no value or merit! On the contrary, it can be very important.